Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Session 4 - Four Square! /idgames

EAGLE SPEEDMAPPING SESSION 4 - FOUR SQUARE!

Will be held on the 8th July, 2017.

BASIC RULES:

- You'll have 2 hours to finish the map, however the borderline is 3 hours if your project is that ambitious

- The maps should be Boom compatible and playable in -complevel 9 in order to increase flexibility. You don't have to use Boom actions if you don't want to.

- You'll get three themes when the session starts to ensure fair play. The bonus, last session will also contain a bonus theme

- You'll need to incorporate at least one theme in your map

So, the first session will be held on 7:00 am UTC (New York is UTC-4 so take that as an example) and the second session will be held on 7:00 pm UTC!

for navigation - http://everytimezone.com

I hope you'll enjoy and come back for more next month!

It's on /idgames now too!

Edited by NaZa : pre-release

Due to focusing on my NVQ, I'll be highly unlikely to participate in this session either. I will however play the finished wad.

@Suitepee feel free to post in this thread when you start the stream, I missed it again last time... :c

Might I suggest pushing the date back a week or two this time?  I only suggest this since Joy of Mapping 4 will be starting on that same day, which might hinder participation for this session.

I hope the delay didn't make people forget about this.

I'll probably join on the second session again.

DIDN'T HAVE WIFI SO WE ARE A BIT LATE 

1. No usage of possessed humans

2. Map must be made under a 1024x1024 limit

3. Map must be centered around a berserk pack i.e no ammo except berserk

Not really

1. No usage of possessed humans

2. Map must be made under a 1024x1024 limit

3. Map must be centered around a berserk pack i.e no ammo except berserk

4. Lava-centric (made maps based around LAVA

Name: You Flip Switches And Go Down

Build time: 2 hours exactly!

Themes: All 4

Music: That awesome track from Heretic, the one that goes BOOM BOOM BOOM, you know the one.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/twoy1w4kr4iw7p5/Surreily.wad?dl=1

It's a bit of a hard one, this is. Hopefully not too difficult, just make sure you don't flip switches too quickly without first having a quick look around - there are some missable items that really help!

Agh, I can't beat my map on prboom, I had forgotten that punching is a lot more difficult than on zdoom.

I only use prboom for testing and this is my first time making a tyson map.

Name: A Beginner's "Decent" Slaughter

Build time: 2 h 20 min

Themes: all four

Music: E2M3 Heretic

The title says it all. Tried to do something hard but failed really miserably I think. Should be decent for a 1024x 2h map though :D Uses a lot of sector trickery to make an actual structure made out of sidedefs in the center. May there be some HOMs near the structure disregard - floors which block Imp projectiles. Contains a lot of places where you can get stuck - I will fix that later bc I need to get some sleep man!

ess4_234.zip

Name: Up Then Down
BT: 3:01
Themes: 1,2&3 (Maybe 3?) I guess it only follows theme 1.
Music: Metal Warrior "Battle 5"

everess4.zip

Edited by everennui

too late for everything i guess:

speed spped lover race's not over.zip

Title: Initial S(in)

Build time: 1 hour and 41 minutes, even get out of 11 minutes of the final deadline. Woah.

Music: Initial D- Burning Up for you sequenced by Tsu Ryu

Themes: 1024 x 1024, no zombies, lava centered. Fucked up the tyson map rule at the end.

Description: A hard map arena with a icon of sin final fight at the end. Don't mind the shitty bugs. I don't even known if this will be accepted.

I thought that the rule was to center the map around the berserk, not to use it exclusively. If not, then I also ruined it at the end.

3 hours ago, Forli said:

Agh, I can't beat my map on prboom, I had forgotten that punching is a lot more difficult than on zdoom.

I only use prboom for testing and this is my first time making a tyson map.

It's fine difficulty-wise. I managed to FDA it in one attempt in prBoom+. At the end, I got unlucky that cybs both got stuck before killing many barons/HKs, and I've never tried to punch out such a big horde of nobles before, though, so I gave it a sloppy try before leaving without maxing it.

spdmp4_rd_fda.zip

Edit: 

3 hours ago, Surreily said:

Name: You Flip Switches And Go Down

Build time: 2 hours exactly!

Themes: All 4

Music: That awesome track from Heretic, the one that goes BOOM BOOM BOOM, you know the one.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/twoy1w4kr4iw7p5/Surreily.wad?dl=1

It's a bit of a hard one, this is. Hopefully not too difficult, just make sure you don't flip switches too quickly without first having a quick look around - there are some missable items that really help!

FDA for this one: surreily_rd_fda.zip

This one is fine as well, the invul at the end probably makes that part too easy. 

Edited by rdwpa

17 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

It's fine difficulty-wise. I managed to FDA it in one attempt in prBoom+. At the end, I got unlucky that cybs both got stuck before killing many barons/HKs, and I've never tried to punch out such a big horde of nobles before, though, so I gave it a sloppy try before leaving without maxing it.

spdmp4_rd_fda.zip

Oh well played, like I said I don't have much experience with prboom and punching is probably one of the biggest differences (the mancubi in particular are really annoying while on zdoom they are easy to punch), I'm glad to see that at least someone who is actually good can beat it on their first try.

I tested that final fight several times and the nobles never even came close to killing the cybers, maybe that is more likely to happen on prboom? I don't know.

I hope it's cool that I made a few quick edits. You can tack on another 20 minutes to the build time. I just redesigned the fence part and put a few details in. Nothing major, but I feel like it improves gameplay. Please use this version. Same song. Pretty please. Thanks.

everess4 (2).zip

Edited by everennui

It's alright, you can make quick edits to improve gameplay a bit.

I've fixed two major places where you can get stuck. (added lifts)

ess4_234_v2.zip

I'm going to stream it in 20 minutes.

Twitch.tv/everennui

Nevermind. Tyson maps aren't really my cup of tea.

Edited by everennui