Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

The SNES Classic

So, it turns out that the finished Star Fox 2 has a new logo, italic text, a couple of new planet textures and NO charge-up lock-on shot. Ultimately, this means I paid £40 for a repro cart with slightly worse visuals and slightly better gameplay.

Like I said, I'm fine, thanks.

I suggest you sell yours to someone else for exactly, exactly, what you paid for it.

One penny more and you'll have your right-to-winge license rescinded.

Who's winging? As far as I'm concerned that repro has saved me a couple of hundred quid on Ebay :D

I'm not even concerned about it. The retro community will figure out the SuperFX emulation soon enough, so, it won't even matter. It's not like Nintendo wants my money or anything, they've proven that with this terrible preorder mess.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:20 AM, Jon said:

I think licensing is a large reason the selection is what it is.

Yeah no Ken Griffey Jr Baseball? That dude was pretty popular!

Just now, geo said:

Yeah no Ken Griffey Jr Baseball? That dude was pretty popular!

To be brutally honest, Stuff like NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl are my fondest memories with the SNES with friends. Not something like Super Mario World.

Just now, Csonicgo said:

To be brutally honest, Stuff like NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl are my fondest memories with the SNES with friends. Not something like Super Mario World.

To be brutally honest back, whenever I hear someone add "with friends" I figure that's why they're your friends because they enhance the fun and the game is just a vehicle to get there.

I really only played NBA Jam alone and it was truly all about the friend factor. Come to think of it Mario Kart 64 was dull alone.

8 hours ago, geo said:

To be brutally honest back, whenever I hear someone add "with friends" I figure that's why they're your friends because they enhance the fun and the game is just a vehicle to get there.

I really only played NBA Jam alone and it was truly all about the friend factor. Come to think of it Mario Kart 64 was dull alone.

I think you're right. The SNES Classic would be so much more appealing to me if it had games that catered to the other parts of their fan base, especially the sports/multiplayer base. It's not like they have limited space with ROM sizes of 64KiB - 4 MiB each.

It's like seeing the Genesis Flashback with no NHL '94 or College Football USA '97, or even Madden! At least do some surveys to see what people would want on the system.

I love Final Fantasy based games and when i find out that Square Enix going to remaster secret of mana i nearly choke myself :-) . can't wait for it

12 hours ago, Csonicgo said:

I think you're right. The SNES Classic would be so much more appealing to me if it had games that catered to the other parts of their fan base, especially the sports/multiplayer base. It's not like they have limited space with ROM sizes of 64KiB - 4 MiB each.

It's definitely not the storage space, after all the NES had enormous headroom. It's about licensing for the games, and figuring out who owns what rights must have been too much of a headache.

4 hours ago, SavageCorona said:

If you can't put cartridges in this thing and it doesn't come with Donkey Kong Country 2 then what's the point in it?

To play a handful of quality video games that aren't Donkey Kong Country 2.

So, I just got home from work to discover that the system has been hacked and Star Fox 2 has been dumped already. Sorry, scalpers, looks like my RetroFreak has me covered >:D

On 7/28/2017 at 1:34 PM, DoctorGenesis said:

I can't wait for the Nintendo 64 Classic with only two non-first party games!

Goldeneye is in IP hell

Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, and Conker are all Microsoft IPs

A Turok game is a possibility though I don't think it'd hold up at all on the hardware

Any WWF game would likely be a no

Battletanx is possible

Doom 64 could go either way

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour I don't see happening

Fighting Force could happen

Gauntlet Legends may or may not be in IP hell

Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire might not happen if Disney decides it isn't cool

Any sports game is likely a no, so no NFL Blitz

One of the Rampage games could happen

Don't see either Quake game going on

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games likely have licensing issues with music and the IP and whatnot

Vigilante 8 is possible

Daikatana and Superman are definites

Thinking back, they may not allow any M rated games to be on it anyways, so Goldeneye would've been the only shooter if they could get the rights somehow.

Edited by wheresthebeef

I would like to say that I would love to have this, but I really was not even alive for the days of the SNES. So I've played few of those games, Star Fox and Mario are the ones I've enjoyed the most. But, if there is a classic console that would give anything to have a kind of special edition, is the PS2, is my first console and probably my first platonic love.

Just now, Anidrex_1009 said:

I would like to say that I would love to have this, but I really was not even alive for the days of the SNES. So I've played few of those games, Star Fox and Mario are the ones I've enjoyed the most. But, if there is a classic console that would give anything to have a kind of special edition, is the PS2, is my first console and probably my first platonic love.

Kinda same,i love the ps2 <3 but i have the snes so up my ass that i can't bear it anymore i played only snes game for like 5+ (even though i was bored much much later,long story,will pm it to people that are interested :) ) years so i really can't bear even hearing the word "SNES"