Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

Leftist Doomers?

I wonder if there's any Leftist Doomers here?

Especially I have yet to see jokewads lampooning the Alt-Reich, GamerGate, etc like having Pepe the Frog, Sargon of Akkad as bosses, etc especially in the era of Trump, we need such wads.

go play turbocharged arcade, you get to fight hitler and he's a bad righty i guess

FULLY AUTOMATED LUXURY GAY SPACE COMMUNISM: DOOM EDITION

That aside, I haven't seen any, and I doubt they would be pulled off very well.  But would I like to see them?  Damn right I would.  But as Ling said, Doom + politics doesn't go together well.

When I saw the thread title, I was hoping it was just going to be a bad pun and find that when I open it, the thread was really about south-paw control schemes. Turns out, it was literal.

This probably won't end well.

499 years into the future:

The world had just survived multiple devastating simultaneous ice ages, nuclear wars, water rapidly dissapearing and appearing, really shitty ping, Trump's seventh mandate as a a Chaos God of memes, and the extinction of all social medium and memes, leaving only forums, wikis and similar webpages intact. Finally the future is looking to be better. Young brother Martevich has been tasked with retrieving all the .wads of the Old World. He had completed most of his task up to 2017, he couldn't retrieve two-three wads, but every other was secure in the archives of the monastery.

The Ground Marines had brought up a single storage unit to brother Martevich's table. It was a box with 2017's related medium. Besides some strange toys, there was a DVD in the box. It said "Doom 2017's wad compilation!" and it did not have anyone's signature on it. He pops the disc into his computer's storage.

So far, he had been enjoying what he had seen, until he reached the "July" folder.

"My... My Lord... can you see this... this... heresy! I must not gaze upon this any further, lest I should have my soul corrupted!"

He exited his favorite source port, prGZDoomtagodronum+, and clicked immediately on "troomp.wad", deleting it.

"I am fairly sure this .wad caused the end of the world as my ancestors knew it. Even I am getting urges to... to sin... to give in to the corruption... I MUST NOT!"

Brother Stanislievski had found brother Martevich in his own chamber whipping himself, chanting "No more. No more...", quite disturbing, since no one could see brother Martevich after the Ground Marines brought over their loot for several days now. Brother Martevich probably stumbled upon a meme during his research, concluded brother Stanislievski, as he went and burned the storage unit containing 2017's wads. After all, memes corrupt, memes are equal to sin. After all, why did so many adolescents during that time claim they were depressed and seeked death, even though they had better privileges than anyone before that time? The memes. Especially political ones.

-----

tl;dr No.

In my list of priorities, playing Doom is more important than boring dumb politics. They don't mix and one of them is fun while the other is not.

Doom serves as a great way to temporarily escape the headaches of the real world, which obviously includes politics. When you bring that into Doom, the appeal is just ruined.

Edited by Aldaraia

"Please be about left-handed Doomers, please be about left-handed Doomers..."

"God fucking dammit."

25 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

Doomguy goes into space to fight communist demons from planet communism.

12104979_1515265712126533_955595416_n.jp

what if i told you that i'm a leftist

but honestly, every time politics is discussed the thread turns into a clusterfuck. just ask tracey :p

edit: is tracey still around? haven't seen him lately

One of the things I like most about this forum is that it's usually bereft of political shit storms. Usually.

1 hour ago, Jannak said:

I wonder if there's any Leftist Doomers here?

Especially I have yet to see jokewads lampooning the Alt-Reich, GamerGate, etc like having Pepe the Frog, Sargon of Akkad as bosses, etc especially in the era of Trump, we need such wads.

Did you make this thread to ask for Anti-Trump activism through jokewads?

Gtfo.

5 minutes ago, Ajora said:

One of the things I like most about this forum is that it's usually bereft of political shit storms. Usually.

Which is why it confuses me that this thread is somehow still around. But (shrug) probably not my business. =/

4 minutes ago, wildweasel said:

Which is why it confuses me that this thread is somehow still around. But (shrug) probably not my business. =/

to see how far it can get before it turns into a flamewar? idk

Though to be fair, the storyline of my WIP WAD, Shrooms 2, does involve communist inkas from Venus.

Yes, that is a National Kid reference. Props to who knows it.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Many years of experience have taught us that Doom and political discussion doesn't mix.

Yes, the lopsidedness of these discussions and opposition to radicalism had once hell'd many a thread. Now the void consumes all.

I'd love to see it. Even if I am closer to the anti-PC side. I'd love to have some great laugh. I got a great laugh with that Trump WAD even though I am not a big fan of Trump (but then again I dislike the leftist hysteria, so I enjoyed the salt this WAD provided)