Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Here you can post about the game(s) you're playing and give a description, review, your thoughts, etc. 

I searched like 15 pages back til November with ctrl+F because I wasn't sure of the search function here (while also still using the search function and google), so I hope this isn't a duplicate topic.

I'm playing Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption. Since this came out before Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, I thought I would check this one out. It takes place in medieval times and is more of a "proper" RPG than the later installment was. It's certainly interesting, while I do like it I can't play it for more than an hour at a time (though I'm not much of a gamer so playing it all means something to me) because it's slightly repetitive but I do like it as I've already clocked in ~6 hours. It feels like Diablo was a soft influence on this one, but the feeding on people in public towns is automatically spoiled when guards home in on you like they immediately know what you're up to so I have to buy ALL the blood vitae in the world and those get used up fast. Maybe you're supposed to use the "charm" discipline to feed in public, but that didn't work for me, and it was much easier to sneak in a quick bite on an unsuspecting person in Bloodlines than it is here. Overall, still a good game tho. The vampire aspects make this very interesting, and it's a fresh take on being a wizard but you're using precious vitae (from blood) to wield said "magic" powers instead.

tl;dr - is gud, I recommend

Almost done with DOOM '16, killed the Hell Guards and got the Crucible. Am lvl 30 I think on Rogue Legacy, really fun rogue-lite.

Rogues legacy is a really good game. I'v been playing Anodyne and Bedlam. Both are pretty fun.

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. Combat is pretty good, but the environments are dull and repetitive, and the level design is very thoughtless and padded out. It's alright, but Lament of Innocence better.

Played the first route of NieR: Automata last month and enjoyed it a lot. Still need to get to the rest, but June has been busy and full of distractions!

Also picked up the visual novel We Know The Devil on a Steam sale recently, and that was a pretty wild read.

Played a bit of Turok 2. Pretty fun, but I'm having a bit trouble navigating the first level (it's quite big for a 1st level too).

4 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Played a bit of Turok 2. Pretty fun, but I'm having a bit trouble navigating the first level (it's quite big for a 1st level too).

Wait until you get to the cave that is the entirety of level 4 cause that's where the REAL fun begins!

Counter strike 1.6 because I got tired of cs:go and it's great, lots of servers with custom maps, sound effects, guns, perks, rpg mods and classic servers which are also cool. I'm also playing through fallout new vegas ( never got around to finish it ), doom (just finished the "grid64" megawad ) and BeamNG drive sometimes

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Great game but the screen tearing is fucking obnoxious. 

42 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Wait until you get to the cave that is the entirety of level 4 cause that's where the REAL fun begins!

can you believe there are people out there who speedrun Seeds of Evil 

At the moment, I'm playing Doom with the Doom 64 TC. I'm at the last level now. Getting ready to face the ugly-looking, but hot and sexy Motherdemon.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I'm replaying Yume Nikki. I love dark vibes and abstract story. 

Yume Nikki is just wonderful. A lot of the fan games based off of it are really great too, I would definitely recommend looking into those as well if you haven't already.

TF2 really. That is all. My friends gives me plenty of terrible games and I make videos for him.

Mostly quick matches of Melty Blood: Actress Again or BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger.

Didn't even finish Outlast 2 yet, but I don't have time for that right now.

Playing through Borderlands 2 as melee Zer0, it is one hell of a hard build, I'm level 41 and just got to Sanctuary on TVHM.

5 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Hive of the Mantids made up for it in a way. Technologically advanced insects always make up for those sorts of things, even when you can't beat the damned level due to uncooperative N64 controls. 

6 hours ago, MarsHappyNation said:

Yume Nikki is just wonderful. A lot of the fan games based off of it are really great too, I would definitely recommend looking into those as well if you haven't already.

Yes I love Yume Nikki especially the soundtrack! It's such a trippy little game, it reminds me of LSD Simulator. I might have to check out these fan games because I haven't played any of them.  

Enter the Gungeon, Shovel Knight- and soon to be some PS4 games when my console arrives! :D New Crash Trilogy came today in the post but last night I finally knuckled down and ordered the hardware needed!

well, i'm gonna be at my uncle's for a week. considering he has no internet (because he's waaay too grounded in the past, he doesn't even have a microwave or garbage disposal), i brought along some games to play on my laptop. i'm sure that i won't really play them, because i have a massive amount of doom WADs, but here's what i (might) be playing:

- shovel knight

- enter the gungeon

- serious sam: the first encounter

- spelunky

- duke nukem 3d

- turok

- doom, obviously

i just finished XCOM: Enemy Unknown last night. really fun and enjoyable game, wasn't as difficult as i expected it to be. now i'm probably going to get the sequel since the sale is still up.

Currently playing Rocket League (it is fun doing all those try-hard accidental shots and goals) and Heretic (almost finished the first episode and it seems great so far).

On 6/29/2017 at 10:20 AM, TFK said:

At the moment, I'm playing Doom with the Doom 64 TC. I'm at the last level now. Getting ready to face the ugly-looking, but hot and sexy Motherdemon.

Awesome final boss battle. I hope you've made an effort to find the demon keys. ;)