Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Resident Evil 7.

The hype is a lie.  Resi 7 is nothing but a pastiche of scenes from other games that were better in those other games.  The fact that the silly Resi 4/The Evil Within haters are praising it when it rips boss fights straight from Resi 4 and The Evil Within shows just how tasty the Kool-Aid has become in recent years.

Checking out some Commander Keen mods at the moment. Later tonight I'm gonna try out the original Dangerous Dave. Wikipedia lists it as the first game ever developed by id Software, although I don't think it should count as an id Software release. To my knowledge, it was developed entirely by John Romero and published by Softdisk. 

Edited by Ajora

About to start a serious legit playthrough of Unreal Gold soon. Really been in an Unreal kick lately and I forgot how awesome the game was, and the soundtrack. Haven't played it since the 2000s.

Unreal is my all-time favorite 3D 90's FPS. I highly recommend getting the Epic endorsed Oldunreal 227 patch. It adds more difficulties, UT's decals, and the option to switch to the original weapon sounds (before Gold replaced them).

Decided to give Shadow Warrior '97 a whirl (with SWP 4.3.0) since I haven't played it in over two years, yeah I know it's not a game quite a few people here like but I enjoy it for what it is. However I am no longer used to it so I have found a few frustrating moments here and there, but it also doesn't help that I wanted to play on the highest difficulty straight away lol.

@Avoozl It's at its most fun and most chaotic on the hardest, but it's also the least balanced BUILD shooter out of them all regardless whether you play on easy or not. Spam the grenade launcher, that's mandatory.

My sistergot me Overwatch GOTY edition for my birthday on Saturday, and so far I'm having a blast. I've narrowed my favorite heroes down to Sombra and Tracer (I might end up being a Sombra main) so far.

4 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Unreal is my all-time favorite 3D 90's FPS. I highly recommend getting the Epic endorsed Oldunreal 227 patch. It adds more difficulties, UT's decals, and the option to switch to the original weapon sounds (before Gold replaced them).

Yep I did. Patch seems to be pretty awesome and I love the FOV slider. Every game needs an FOV slider, even Tetris. That's how important FOV is nowadays. I didn't know about the sounds, is that the old guns mutator thing? I'll have to experiment with that.

Getting it to run perfectly has been interesting, I think I'm gonna settle on running it 1600x900 windowed, OpenGL mode and FMOD (audio). I can run it at my native fullscreen res but it performs worse for some reason and when windowed I don't get ANY input lag. It's awesome, it's like being on the desktop doing normal stuff. The patch (or Unreal Gold itself) also makes it so the mouse doesn't capture completely so pressing escape and clicking away is easy.

The game still looks awesome even after all these years. Personally I'll probably play without mods. The HD textures and anything else HD seem completely unnecessary and might even ruin the original experience.

Been sucked back into Crusader Kings II.  Currently playing the King of Mali in around 830 AD and fighting the Muslims near Tangiers.  Once I win that war, I have to go settle accounts with my current character's rebellious younger brother.

@Nevander Yeah, when Gold came they just re-used UT's sounds for most of the weapons, minus the ones exclusive to Unreal (Dispersion Pistol and Stinger). Not that UT's are bad or anything, but I just like the old sounds more for the original game, and yes the game is still surprisingly beautiful for 1998, aged a lot better than Half-Life and even Quake III a year later.

I've been playing through Thief 2 lately. I went in expecting Thief 2 to better than Thief 1 but I find myself missing the diversity added by the supernatural levels, which funnily enough is what all the posts and the LGR video complain about in Thief Gold. The mission I'm currently on is Kidnap which is just a recreation of Lost City from Thief Gold. The level highlights my main issues with Thief 2 which is all the electric lights just placed all over the map. I'll try to get through the rest of the game because I love the gameplay but I don't see myself replaying this anytime soon.

I recently finished a playthrough of XIII, however I thought I was playing on XX difficulty but it was actually set on hard difficulty, so it looks like I have played the game on normal once and hard twice. I guess I will do just one more playthrough of the game in a month or so so I can finally finish it on XX.

Night In The Woods is basically Life Is Strange for furries and I can't get enough of it. 

Shadow Warrior 2 - not bad classic orchard FPS game with acid design tons of enemies and guns. It's cool too play, but very monotone if you playing by 5-6 hours. Will back in days. Now, it's time for Dooooooom again. :D And yes, first 2-3 hours of SW2 was really outstanding, because of new and crazy drive of this right vision of FPS in terms of gameplay.

6 hours ago, dethtoll said:

Night In The Woods is basically Life Is Strange for furries and I can't get enough of it.

Don't know Night in the Woods, but here is a like for Life is Strange, because I love that one.

I was in a masochistic mood these 2 last days, so I decided to play a point and click adventure. And I got Myst, which I finished today.

The pleasure I got from writing down info on a piece of paper and later using it to solve puzzles correctly was indescribable. Also, the puzzles felt great, minus the one with the train for which I used the built in hints system and it still was challenging (a boring puzzle).

Luckily, I didn't need a walkthrough, except once near the ending (spoilers below):

Spoiler

I was gathering the red pages for Sirrus (it was funny seeing him command me with that evil voice, like he is scheming against me) and I got all but one, so I needed to listen to his speech carefully for a hint( I had to search for page 158 of a burnt book in the library, to crack the code in the fireplace, which I had already discovered). Unfortunately, the game decided to have distorted sound in cutscenes, because it is quite old and it has problems in newer operating systems.

So, I searched online and I found what I had to do (by that time, I already had the white page for Atrus's book in my hands thanks to the marker switches, so I just had to find where to use it).

Then, I of course put the white page in the green book and got the good ending (I wasn't going to listen to anyone of the spoiled brothers).

And they lived happily ever after (except Sirrus and Achenar, who got blasted to oblivion by Atrus).

Might check out Riven and the rest of the sequels at Christmas, because I enjoyed this one a lot.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2, for the first time in, God, 10 years? 15?

Is it just the rust from having not played it in so long, or my attempt to play it with an XBox 360 controller using the analog stick, or are the controls of this game really sloppy for a platformer? Precision jumping seems way more difficult and unpredictable than it ought to be.

Doki doki literature club in the latest days, played like 3 hours of it and things starting to be uncomfortable... This game looks pretty uncomfortable expecting his shiny and solar appearance...

Just finished Sanitarium (2 games finished in a weekend, when I had a month or more to just to even play a game).

It's story is really cool, the atmosphere is perfect and it is full of puzzles (needed a walkthrough for some of them, because the required items are not always too visible). 

Overall, it is a great game and possibly a hidden gem for the PC (I don't know if it was well-known back in its days, so it might or might not qualify for a "hidden gem").

Note: Windows compatibility mode is a Godsent! At first the game was crashing randomly, which is why I turned on Windows 98 mode and disabled virtual themes and desktop composition. Then the game never crashed again.

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Doki doki literature club in the latest days, played like 3 hours of it and things starting to be uncomfortable... This game looks pretty uncomfortable expecting his shiny and solar appearance...

Heh, I really liked that game... I should replay it and try different choices.

But for now... I'm playing The Elder Scrolls Online.  Never tried it until the other day, when I got it on sale with some birthday Steam credit, but I'm already hooked.

Probably I could give up with DDLC since I fell is too much to handle for me... But i'm curious to see how this story keep going...

EDIT: Uninstalled. Too much for me.

Edited by Walter confetti

The Batman Telltale game is surprisingly good, but what stands out for me is the very synthy soundtrack. It's a nice change from the GOTHIC STRINGS that's in everything Batman ever.

Are you in the upper palace area? That progression is ridiculously obscure and I usually open a walkthrough before playing that hub. It's like Hexen 2 but uglier.

Playing Skyrim for the first time. This is the first game I've played

1. that is open world.
  2. that is an RPG.
  3. that is newer than 2003.

So needless to say, I'm blown away by the beauty, scale, detail, etc.! My second playthrough will be a better determination of how much I like the game, but so far I'm enjoying it immensely! :-D

28 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Playing Skyrim for the first time. This is the first game I've played

1. that is open world.
  2. that is an RPG.
  3. that is newer than 2003.

So needless to say, I'm blown away by the beauty, scale, detail, etc.! My second playthrough will be a better determination of how much I like the game, but so far I'm enjoying it immensely! :-D

I recommend using mods to make the potions, books, and misc. items weigh little or nothing- it's a real lifesaver.

31 minutes ago, Woolie Wool said:

Are you in the upper palace area? That progression is ridiculously obscure and I usually open a walkthrough before playing that hub. It's like Hexen 2 but uglier.

I'm trying to get to the Toxic Waste Dump from the Reactor. Totally stuck.