Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I don't know if I should play Diablo 2, considering my experiences with the first game. I've heard that it's more fun overall, though. What do you think?

It's way more polished and there's far more content, you may enjoy it much more than the first game.

E: Just make sure you get the expansion with it, as it improves upon the base game even more.

That really is kind of gross, and not the sort of thing I'd expect to see in an N64 game. If I have anything bad to say about Duke 3D, it's that it's tonally inconsistent when it has the stuff with the women being tortured. Could have done without that.

8 hours ago, KVELLER said:

So I finished Diablo. I have mixed feelings with it...

For starters, the balancing can be horrible at times. The Butcher was a pain, but none of the other bosses really got to that level. I mean, Diablo himself is a joke. I literally could not believe it was the final boss of the game... Aside from that, I don't know if I was incredibly unlucky with the level generation or what, but I got obliterated in one of the hell levels, populated by these knights. I died over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Then the next level was insanely easy in comparison.

I also played a bit of Hellfire. Got to the end of the Nest dungeon and... got bored of trying to deal with The Defiler. I was using a barbarian, and I was burning through my potions like they were nothing. I had to get back to town several times, I even bought a fucking bow, but my patience eventually ran out and I uninstalled the game.

I really don't get why some RPG devs think it's a good idea to make bosses with super high health pools, or just batshit hard bosses in general. I don't mind getting my ass kicked in something like Doom because more often than not dying is entirely my fault, but here? What am I supposed to do with a melee-focused character? And the fact that the guy misses a lot of the time even with a giant beast two feet in front of him doesn't help either. Also, hit chance seems to be misleading. I had "100% to hit" in my stats and I swear the guy would still miss. Summoner is still my favorite RPG to this day, partially because the only thing you need to beat it is some common sense, although I guess I can understand some people wanting a bigger challenge...

You guys don't have the secret to have the best stuff I guess, the game has never been so easy with a barbarian actually, you just wreck everyone and hit fucking fast with an axe that deal ridiculous dmg.

I recently finished Ys VIII. I stopped playing it for a while so that I could finish it with the re-localization patch. The music is pretty sweet.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, Mayhem666 said:

You guys don't have the secret to have the best stuff I guess, the game has never been so easy with a barbarian actually, you just wreck everyone and hit fucking fast with an axe that deal ridiculous dmg.

It must have been patched since then, but when it first came out my brother got an insanely lucky glitch. He was playing as a Barbarian, killed Gharbad the Weak and got a ridiculously over-powered ax that he used until the end of the game. The damn thing killed Diablo in less than 10 hits. Every time I killed Gharbad I just got a crappy mace.

Been playing Amnesia Custom stories after I finished the game last week, really creative stuff, nice to see the modding community for that game is still active.

12 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Been playing Amnesia Custom stories after I finished the game last week, really creative stuff, nice to see the modding community for that game is still active.

I hope it doesn't go away anytime soon, Amnesia was the last and only horror oriented title to successfully stir my interest in almost a decade, considering the word itself has long lost its meaning.

12 hours ago, Jello said:

It must have been patched since then, but when it first came out my brother got an insanely lucky glitch. He was playing as a Barbarian, killed Gharbad the Weak and got a ridiculously over-powered ax that he used until the end of the game. The damn thing killed Diablo in less than 10 hits. Every time I killed Gharbad I just got a crappy mace.

Nope, this is not even close to what i'm talking about x)

Recently finished the really bad and unnecessary expansion Perseus Mandate for F.E.A.R., capping off my second FEAR 1 playthrough, am going to soon do the dreaded Lair of the Blind Ones in Turok 2 (the River of Souls nearly had me stumped for good until I thought to shoot upwards at a mandatory shootable button that wasn't even marked by the hint indicator, for shame Night Dive!), finished the bland AF Doom 3 and played a few levels of the continuously bland Resurrection of Evil in the BFG Edition, got 3 maps left for No Rest for the Living (feel proud for completing Vivisection on UV without reloads or dying!), and did level 3 or something for BloodRayne 2 which is honestly not off to a good start, with some questionable design decisions and lackluster combat.

Recently finished Kingdom Come: Deliverance

One of the best games I have ever played, despite the bugs. I think it's better than The Witcher 3. I can't wait to see what the sequels have in store for us. 

6 hours ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Skyrim Special Edition with a lot of interesting mods. This game never gets old!

No doubt, Nexus will keep the game alive for quite some time. Like Doom, Skyrim will probably still be popular by 3018.

Although not huge numbers, seeing both editions have around 20K players on average looks pretty good to me, especially since it's a steady number for years now (referring to the old one here).

Kid Icarus (NES), Silkworm (NES), Angband (Mac), Lunar Legend (GBA), Quest of Yipe! V (iOS).

Depending on location, electrical brownouts, and/or astral winds.

team fortress 2. lots and lots of team fortress 2. i also bought and started prey (2017) like 2 months ago but i keep forgetting to go back to it.

Mark of the Ninja. This one is arguably shaping up to be one of the best Stealth games I’ve played, rivalling Thief in a lot of ways.

Playing Blood with the GDX port, I am up to the last episode of the main game but I forgot to play Cryptic Passage first since it's supposed to be based in between the last two listed episodes.

Edited by Avoozl

I finally decided to man up and play Doom 2 on Nightmare! skill. I did finish Ultimate Doom in Nightmare a year ago or so, so I'm confident that I'll be able to finish this, although the new bestiary is giving me a hard time. I'm on MAP07 as of now.

I'm also doing what I did on my UDoom NM playthrough: I'm not allowing myself to play other games (or WADs) until I finish it. It's a nightmare, and the only way to wake up is to get to the end.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I finally decided to man up and play Doom 2 on Nightmare! skill. I did finish Ultimate Doom in Nightmare a year ago or so, so I'm confident that I'll be able to finish this, although the new bestiary is giving me a hard time. I'm on MAP07 as of now.

I'm also doing what I did on my UDoom NM playthrough: I'm not allowing myself to play other games (or WADs) until I finish it. It's a nightmare, and the only way to wake up is to get to the end.

This is fucking hardcore, but I do the same thing. 

Finally, I finished Doom 2 on Nightmare! Yay!

Despite the insanity that characterizes the NM skill, I think it still has better balancing than Blood 2. Oh, and Shogo! Can't forget about that one.

14 hours ago, TabbiKatt said:

right now im playing final fantasy tactics and medal of honor underground on PS1

PS1, way to go on the old-school.

Playing with SNES and PSX emulation via Mednafen, with titles like Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Wolfenstein 3D (for shits and giggles) and my long lost love, Silent Hill.

9 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Playing with SNES and PSX emulation via Mednafen, with titles like Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Wolfenstein 3D (for shits and giggles) and my long lost love, Silent Hill.

I'm so bad at these games nowadays, maybe it's because I don't play them as much as before, but my first thought is that I was just better at those games as a young kid, I dunno why lol.

2 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I'm so bad at these games nowadays, maybe it's because I don't play them as much as before, but my first thought is that I was just better at those games as a young kid, I dunno why lol.

Same. Back when I had all these NES thingies (I keep calling them like this simply because I just don't know what exactly they were as I wasn't interested at all at the time) I was good at the majority of games I played, which were over 100, but sadly I only remember the name of very, very of 'em. I'd probably play some of them again if I could but I expect to be really bad at them now than how I was some 10-15yrs ago, not to mention that I haven't touched a controller since these days, those were the only consoles I ever owned.

Damn if I didn't turn into an average player over time, but never really tried very hard to become very good either, and when I actually did, I didn't see the results I wanted or expected most of the time. I'll just live with the thought that I'm the typical player in terms of skills lmao.

Edited by Agent6

10 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Same. Back when I had all these NES thingies (I keep calling them like this simply because I just don't know what exactly they were). I could probably play some of them again but I expect to be pretty bad at them than how I was some 10-15yrs ago. Damn if I didn't turn into an average player over time, but never really tried very hard to become very good either, and when I actually did, I didn't see the results I wanted or expected. I'll just live with the thought that I'm the typical player in terms of skills lmao.

Yep, exactly, I never been able to become a pro in any game I think, maybe I've got to get lot of knowledge, but it's just from experience. Even if I played for years on some games, I didn't manage to become some sort of a pro player, so I always end up being in the average league, not bad, but not great either. It doesn't really matters to me anymore though, as long as i'm having fun in the game in question.

48 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

Yep, exactly, I never been able to become a pro in any game I think, maybe I've got to get lot of knowledge, but it's just from experience. Even if I played for years on some games, I didn't manage to become some sort of a pro player, so I always end up being in the average league, not bad, but not great either. It doesn't really matters to me anymore though, as long as i'm having fun in the game in question.

"played for years"

Yeah that's definitely me lol. I could say a large portion of my gaming life was spent on CS since I was stuck for a decade with a toaster in addition to other reasons and problems, a franchise I eventually lost interest in after this summer when I realized that the classic games are no longer as populated to the point that it isn't really worth it anymore, there's too many cheaters, toxic kids, trolls, smurfs and boosters who ruin the experience of the other players, and so on, not to mention the "re-balancing" in CS:GO that happened this year which is terrifyingly bad. There's just better games out there to spend time on, regardless of age and genre, just, take some time searching, there's lots of missed gems out there that are far worthier of your time than this. Or might as well do something productive with your life than waste it on this...

Plus competitive games have always been beyond my league. Hell in CS:GO for instance I could never rank higher than MG1 despite playing for a few years, let alone the classic CS, that alone is a decade lmfao. I actually did manage to become quite good at Biohazard, but nothing else or more, and my skills have degraded over time on top of this. That's as far as my capabilities go in this series, or game. Neither great but not mediocre either. But I agree, so long as you're having a great time and not just endlessly raging and bitching about a game being too difficult due to not being skilled enough to face and overcome its obstacles or best/surpass the other players it's all good. If it's not enjoyable then it means it just isn't for you so you might as well just look somewhere else.

Edited by Agent6

I'm not a very competitive player, in those kind of games, team based games. In fact, it just stress me out and I hate having pression when playing a game. If I ever get anxious over a game, I will uninstall asap lol.

I finally got my hands on Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, it was actually fitting that the first SS game I played before it was SS3BFE since that was a prequel.