Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I must be in the minority of people that don't like Quake 2 but do like Quake 4 anyways.

12 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Also, does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the Low Memory warning when running the game through DosBox? Supposedly "memsize" should be increased in the configuration file (dosboxBlood.conf), yet it was already set to 64 by default and the message still appears.

E: @Lila Feuer Did ya hate the invisible ninjas from the original SW? Well I found something worse, if these things burn you, you're done. Not to mention that hands which strangle you to death.

ghhggg.png

The message is bogus, you're fine.

Use the Tesla Cannon against Hellhounds, and if you have to take damage make sure you got fire armor.

9 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Playing Hexen II and am up to the Thysis (Eqypt) chapter, however I am stuck and a walkthrough tells me that I have to find a secret corridor until I find a tic-tac-toe puzzle but I can't even find this pathway which I'm supposed to find in the first place.

That puzzle is horrible, make sure you know how it works beforehand in a walkthrough and save your game prior to trying it.

Hell Hands in Blood are tied to the speed of the game. If they seem unnecessarily hard to get off, try increasing the resolution of the game. I find playing at 320x200/240 makes them impossible to get off, 640x480 makes them function more "normally" on my end.

Hell hounds are easy (most of the time), just jump behind them and they'll waste time rotating to try and get you, harder if an army of them comes but you can just run back while unloading any rapid fire weapon into their face (then jump past them when they close in to burn you and repeat). Hands are way more ruthless if you have dosbox, unless you rig dosbox the game will be fast enough for them to stick like glue to you, no matter how hard you mash the keyboard. 

What difficulty is he playing on would help a bit with tips :P, monsters get a lot tankier in higher difficulties, on lower ones you can altfire most things to kill them with the shotguns. monsters also have crazy fast reaction speed on hardest difficulty, cultists and fanatics jump 50 tiers in how much you should prioritize killing them, while monsters look dangerous in comparison. 

9 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

The message is bogus, you're fine.

Use the Tesla Cannon against Hellhounds, and if you have to take damage make sure you got fire armor.

I like that gun a lot, pretty damn powerful against all enemies. Good to know the fire armor provides some protection, that would explain why they don't burn me to a crisp every single time, unless that's just my luck.

8 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Hell Hands in Blood are tied to the speed of the game. If they seem unnecessarily hard to get off, try increasing the resolution of the game. I find playing at 320x200/240 makes them impossible to get off, 640x480 makes them function more "normally" on my end.

I'm playing on 640x400 but even on that I'm yet to successfully get them off me, so I instead just rely on save games and bang 'em with some TNT after I learn their location on the map.

8 hours ago, Pegg said:

Hell hounds are easy (most of the time), just jump behind them and they'll waste time rotating to try and get you, harder if an army of them comes but you can just run back while unloading any rapid fire weapon into their face (then jump past them when they close in to burn you and repeat). Hands are way more ruthless if you have dosbox, unless you rig dosbox the game will be fast enough for them to stick like glue to you, no matter how hard you mash the keyboard. 

What difficulty is he playing on would help a bit with tips :P, monsters get a lot tankier in higher difficulties, on lower ones you can altfire most things to kill them with the shotguns. monsters also have crazy fast reaction speed on hardest difficulty, cultists and fanatics jump 50 tiers in how much you should prioritize killing them, while monsters look dangerous in comparison. 

That is, if I manage to avoid the fire, I tried doing that a few times and well, you know what happened next :v , so I prefer to just keep the distance.

I'm playing on the second difficulty, whatever its name is, and so far it's more difficult than all the other Build engine games, and on a much lower difficulty. Of course, it might just be the fact that I'm playing Blood since 2 days ago.

Meanwhile, I've also started playing the original Deus Ex. This one seems to have aged really well, unlike SS2, and the gameplay is less frustrating thanks to much better movement.

Blood is just way harder than Doom and Duke3D. Shadow Warrior has its merciless moments so they are kinda equal. Especially on highest difficulty, both go crazy and need perfect execution in many areas. 

You can also trick the hounds to jump into water which kills them. If you are too far when you jump into it they might just lose interest instead and go run around and possibly hide in a corner. 

At some points there is gargoyle statues which come to life when you open a door or press a switch nearby, you can push them into any water nearby and they eventually drown somehow.

Game I am currently playing: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. Think oldschool Castlevania, but updated with sharper animations and more refined gameplay.

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

At some points there is gargoyle statues which come to life when you open a door or press a switch nearby, you can push them into any water nearby and they eventually drown somehow.

It's rather predictable when they do that. If there's a switch nearby, chances are, at least one statue comes to life.

Thanks for the tip though.

Crouch will also break a lot of fights, and allows you to avoid many attacks, but as soon as you realize this exploit it really trivializes some of the intended tougher fights.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:54 AM, Agent6 said:

I'm playing on the second difficulty, whatever its name is, and so far it's more difficult than all the other Build engine games, and on a much lower difficulty. Of course, it might just be the fact that I'm playing Blood since 2 days ago.

Probably because of the infamous difficulty bug.

31 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

Probably because of the infamous difficulty bug.

Yeah, damage scales up after you've loaded a saved game on skills 1-2, and scales down on skills 4-5. It's meant to be the other way around. Only the default difficulty is unaffected. Hence, I'm trying to go through Blood on skill 4 with no savegames to preserve the damage values, needless to say the Cultist is the biggest bastard of them all.

1 hour ago, Lila Feuer said:

Yeah, damage scales up after you've loaded a saved game on skills 1-2, and scales down on skills 4-5. It's meant to be the other way around. Only the default difficulty is unaffected. Hence, I'm trying to go through Blood on skill 4 with no savegames to preserve the damage values, needless to say the Cultist is the biggest bastard of them all.

Marana Pallex!

These Cultists are pretty fun, and their death screams are so satisfying 👊.

So there's a difficulty bug... interesting. I have not been able to notice it, might not be something easy to spot for a newcomer I guess.

Also, the bridge in E3M6 was awesome with that red sky. Monster Bait they say, well yeah they'd surely baited me and my poor sense of direction, not like I spent 20min. running in circles trying to advance after finally locating the Moon Key.

I'm such a nonsense, I like exploration in games if it's well executed, but I get lost far too easily.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:39 AM, vinnie245 said:

GTA V - Did most of the story mode and focusing on doing Heists and playing Golf

Did you try out any mods for GTA V?

im playing Amnesia the Dark Descent now. Super duper impressed like wtf this is miles better than the penumbra games imo

31 minutes ago, Apaul27 said:

Just finish Quake 1

Was that your first playthrough? What do you think about it?

24 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Was that your first playthrough? What do you think about it?

It was my first playthrough. It's kind of hard, but I made it.

16 minutes ago, Apaul27 said:

It was my first playthrough. It's kind of hard, but I made it.

I played and beaten Quake on the old WINQUAKE version with a "Criss-Cross" control format (left hand for the movement and right hand for shooting). Same thing for Doom on the Win95 version. It was tough, I'll tell you that. 

Undertale was quite the experience.  I was amused by all of the steam reviews speaking of a toxic community, particularly for a single player game, but I suppose the explosion in the game's popularity got to be a bit much.  Still, I'm definitely glad I played it and wouldn't hold that against the game.  I also finished Hard Reset, an FPS similar to Painkiller and Serious Sam.  I wouldn't put it on the same level as those games and admittedly I was glad that it was over once I had finished it but it was still enjoyable enough for a time.

A coworker recommended Persona 5 and I've been pretty deep into that for the past few weeks.  I've never played a JRPG in this vein, nor any of the other Persona games, but it has grown on me.

I've also been trying to fit in some Doom megawads that I've missed... I don't have as much free time anymore so it's tough to keep up.

Just started playing the new Octopath Traveler demo on the switch. It gives you 3 hours and the choice to choose any of the 8 characters and also carries your save over to the full game once it's released. And so far it's very good :)

Still busy blowing my enemies with TNT in Blood and slowly but surely progressing in the original Deus Ex.

Beat Borderlands with a level 37 Siren, going to do the DLC soon. Started on Black Mesa and reached Office Complex. Getting addicted to Risk of Rain after only a few runs.

currantly been playing quake Champions. Was on a Path of exile kick for awhile, but after 1200 hours I luckily hit a real dry spell with the game and was able to kick it. great game, but will never install again due to how addictive it is.

Revisiting Castlevania 4 on hard mode. I prefer the metroidvania-style Castlevania games, but this game is easily my favourite amongst the more traditional Castlevania titles. By far one of my favourite games on the SNES.