Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Continue to play Stardew Valley. That game like a drug.

My favourite characters from this game - Sebastian, Abigail, Maru, Emily and Elliot. 

I finished Tomb Raider 2! I liked it quite a bit, although the final couple levels had some bullshit hard fights that I'm not a fan of, but still, the game is miles better than the first one IMO. I did get stuck and had to resort to walkthroughs more often than I'd like to admit, and some of those moments were just because I wouldn't know how to perform an action (like getting out of vehicles!). Also, I like that there's a final statistics screen at the end of the game. It took me 22 hours to finish it... goddamn... No wonder why it seemed to go on forever.

@KVELLER, did you find all the secrets? That was how I beat it the first time.

If you give TR3 an attempt, I recommend watching the walkthroughs provided by tartancroft on Youtube first so you know where everything is and how to do what you need to, because that game is hard and confused.

What game am I playing?

Doom is the only one I'm really playing right now, though I still pick up Asura's Wrath from time to time to play it again.

I'm slowly fumbling my way through Stephen's Sausage Roll. It's honestly one of the most brilliant puzzle games I've ever played, and the only real criticism I can give is the price, even with the current 80% discount on Steam it's still 5,59 euros! Regardless, if any of you are into puzzle games, I would highly recommend picking it up.

Edited by Archvile Hunter

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

@KVELLER, did you find all the secrets? That was how I beat it the first time.

I didn't. I like exploration to an extent, but if I can't find secrets relatively easily I usually won't bother.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

If you give TR3 an attempt, I recommend watching the walkthroughs provided by tartancroft on Youtube first so you know where everything is and how to do what you need to, because that game is hard and confused.

Nah, I'm not watching walkthroughs beforehand, it just kills the magic for me. If I get stuck every five minutes, then I'll look up a walkthrough every five minutes.

I have been WAY too obsessed with Neo Contra for probably over a year now if not 2.  As much as I felt that Contra 3 was my favorite Contra game, it has lost it's title of best Contra game to my new favorite, Neo Contra.  Fun fact about my relationship with Neo Contra.  When I first played that game, I rented it from Blockbuster Video, and that was the last game I ever rented there before it went belly up. 

Reaching Residue Processing in Black Mesa, doing the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned for Borderlands, started playing as the Bandit in Risk of Rain.

I never had the Zombie Island or Underdome DLC for Borderlands, I only had the other two.

In the last couple of weeks I've beaten Super Mario World (95/96 exits, but fuck finding that last one) on the SNES classic mini and finally, after about 8 months, completed the career on Forza Motorsport 7. I chose the cut the race length once I'd bought every car that was available as money suddenly became pretty meaningless. There's about 25 cars still to get that need unlocking, so I'll check back once or twice a week to see if I can manage that.

The plan now is to get back to Wolfenstein II The New Colossus, as I did start it briefly but then lost interest. Strangely for me, I've been really into mapping the last few days, so it'll probably be a slow, gradual process through the game.

I'm currently having medieval/fantasy fever, so I decided to go back to holy trinity of old school games: Diablo, Disciples 2, and my personal favorite - heroes of might and magic 3.

I thought I would try Enclave after trying to find a similar sort of game to Severance: Blade of Darkness.

Finished the original Deus Ex today, I killed Bob Page an joined the Illuminati. I'll keep the last few save files so I can go and experience the other endings as well.

Damn good game, would definitely revisit it in the future and play the newer games in the series.

I'm working on Avernum 4. I'm mostly having a good time with it. That is, except for the area I'm in now, with all it's bullshit. If you are into old school styled CRPGs and can handle a lot of reading and minimal graphics, check out any of Spiderweb Software's games. 

On 7/3/2018 at 9:56 PM, BioRenegat said:

I'm currently having medieval/fantasy fever, so I decided to go back to holy trinity of old school games: Diablo, Disciples 2, and my personal favorite - heroes of might and magic 3.

I'm a fan of the Disciples series. If you never and want to try number 3, I advise you to skip the original game if possible and go straight to the latest expansion. And yet they don't quite meet the level of the originals.

14 hours ago, Chezza said:

I'm a fan of the Disciples series. If you never and want to try number 3, I advise you to skip the original game if possible and go straight to the latest expansion. And yet they don't quite meet the level of the originals.

Yeah, I heard that disciples 3 was quite a huge let down, so I decided to entirely skip it, just so not to disappoint myself. But if you say that latest expansion is at least decent, maybe I should give it a shot. But yeah, original two were really great, what I liked the most about them was this gothic/medieval atmosphere, well and general art style in overall.

I started playing Age of Empires 2 for the first time today. Something tells me I'm going to get hopelessly sucked into this game.

I decided to resume my Severance: Blade of Darkness knight playthrough after I got stuck on the first level a while back, when I was stuck there was a bunch of unmovable boxes blocking the only pathway I hadn't tried and it turns out that I was supposed to pick up a touch and burn them which I didn't even know I could do before.

Edited by Avoozl

A lot of DOOM Builder, Fallout 4 and Legend of Grimrock in my personal time.

Where it's for the interwebs, I'm playing Dungeon Master 2, Ultima Underworld 2, Icewind Dale, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Diablo (Modded) and Baldur's Gate.

Highly rate all of them, though I'm getting up to a supremely tedious bit of UW2 (the Void) and IWD's expansion is the equivalent of a Baldur's Gate slaughter map. Spoiler alert: it's not as satisfying in the form of an isometric RPG. Someone should mod a BFG into the game to balance that out ^-^;

I went back into replaying Borderlands 2. I have more than 400 hours on it already. It never gets boring.

Now I tried playing in 4k resolution. Recently bought a gtx1080 and didn't even bother yet to test some new games, so I was playing older ones in 4k. The only problem is that after few hours of playing, I get my PC rebooting (I guess I need a new power supply now) so maybe it means no Borderlands (or any other very consuming games) for me till I install my new power supply.

Recently finished SiN Episodes: Emergence, it started off pretty promising/better than I expected, but once again auto-adjusting difficulty ala Max Payne ruined the otherwise pretty dull finale into a needlessly tedious grind fest. At least I got the original game with it for free.

Spoiler

Always upvote Bianca Beauchamp though, she was the perfect candidate to model Elexis Sinclaire on.

@Lila Feuer  I've been thinking about replaying this for WEEKS!  It's been around 10 years since I played it and same goes for the original SiN.  I hardly remember a thing at all.  The most I can think of is how short Emergence was.  Do you think it's still worth my while after all this time?

@loveless If you're a huge SiN fan I'd say it's worth playing at least once, as it does have some cool ideas. But there's only three weapons, a handful of enemy types, and about 4 hours of gameplay even if you take your time. SiN Episodes would've been the bridge between the first game and SiN 2, which obviously never saw the light of day.

The Steam version of the original game has issues however, so consult the community guides for updates (and content that should've been included in the first place).

Good stuff.  I'll definitely revisit Emergence as it's been years.  I recall playing it sometime after HL2 but that was so long ago I can hardly remember it beyond the opening cinematics @Lila Feuer.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, StevenC21 said:

Dark Souls Remastered.

I didn't pirate it. Nosiree. Nope. Not at all Mr. Policeman.

Judging after what I've seen on the store, it's still plagued by the same notorious issues the original game supposedly was, so in this case it's probably for the best if you pirated it.

Playing a text-parser game named Trackless, it's an atmospheric first-person exploration and puzzle game set in the distant future. it's 3D with 2D sprites and cell shaded styled with black outlined graphics but the sprites are more like Daggerfall since most are not animated. It's first person movement along with the text parser, you have to guess the correct word to do certain things, and some words give you more points than others.

For the first time i have pc strong enough to play Half-Life 2 and i definitely see why people call this as one of the greatest game ever.