Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Well, beside Doom I've also returned to the Batman Arkham games, specifically Arkham Asylum.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, tempdecal.wad said:

Half-Life Echoes has just been released today, playing through it right now :) solid gameplay and the environments are well detailed for a GoldSrc mod.

I'm going to try that one out soon, I've been following it for awhile.

I'm currently playing through We Happy Few, with most of the hud disabled, and on the hardest difficulty with perma death. Let's hope I don't die again, had to restart because perma death.

On 8/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, Lizardcommando said:

Stardew Valley. I picked up again to play multiplayer with my brother. Man, the game just got so much better.

I play Stardew valley a lot. Multiplayer seems fun!

Ive been playing animal crossing new leaf for the past few days, and so far I rank it right next to doom 1&2 as one of my favourite games. 

Its like saying I love slayer yet right after I listen to that I go and listen to queen.

I'm a little over halfway through Dissolution of Eternity. It's slightly better than Scourge of Armagon (which was pretty good). Better level design, better atmosphere, and a soundtrack that's more appropriate for Quake. 

I find it odd that Shub Niggurath's minions now are referring to her as Quake, seeing as how that was just a codename assigned to her by the US military. It's also kind of weird that she (Shub Niggurath) is now a he. 

I finished System Shock and loved the hell out of it. It's now officially my favorite 1994 game (sorry Doom 2, but you kept that title for way too many years). I'll be honest, the combat is pretty mediocre, but it just shines so much in almost every other aspect!

I'm going through Tomb Raider 3 now. Not much to say here, it's pretty much the same as the previous games (although the balance between combat and exploration seems to be better this time around), but I appreciate the new graphical additions (colored lighting! Woohoo!).

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

I'm a little over halfway through Dissolution of Eternity. It's slightly better than Scourge of Armagon (which was pretty good). Better level design, better atmosphere, and a soundtrack that's more appropriate for Quake. 

I find it odd that Shub Niggurath's minions now are referring to her as Quake, seeing as how that was just a codename assigned to her by the US military. It's also kind of weird that she (Shub Niggurath) is now a he. 

Shubb Niggurath is Quake? Storywise it always felt as if Quake was something of a vague elder god unseen and superior to Shub Niggurath.

OT: Im going trough Deus Ex I, i regret having overlooked this wonderful gem back in 2001, very interesting lore and setting.

3 hours ago, Solmyr said:

OT: Im going trough Deus Ex I, i regret having overlooked this wonderful gem back in 2001, very interesting lore and setting.

It's well worth the time, I've finished it recently as well. One of the best games I've played.

@KVELLER Nice. The combat and movement kinda killed it for me in SS2. It's a good game, but with such major issues I could not have much fun early on. It got much better later though.

I've been on Spore for the last couple of weeks or so. Specifically the version on Steam with the Creepy & Cute parts pack and Galactic Adventures expansion. I've not got any non-Maxis stuff loading as I'm unregistered, but that's alright. I've been playing through on Hard... which was true for the first couple of phases and the start of the space phase. I had to drop my resolution from 4k to 1080p to make the HUD usable, which is an acceptable compromise, I think.

The Cell phase was awesome still. I remember it well from when I tried the game back at the time. I went full-on carnivore and found myself getting mostly killed by the hatching Juniors as the phase drew to a close.

The Creature phase isn't very long or forgiving, but benefits from being stuck to as it is where you unlock all of the parts for the creature. I didn't quite get everything in my rampaging carnivorous murder-spree, but I got a lot. I've ended up with a skinny, quadrupedal purple dragon thing (called a Cruncher, because I'm super creative) using a lot of the Creepy parts (skeletal legs and arms, the top-level creepy carnivore mouth, etc.) Obviously I've also got arms and wings for the best advantages in life. Pretty much full strike, charge, bite and spit abilities, plus jumping, sneaking, sprinting and flight. This phase of the game is very prone to crashing, I felt.

The tribal phase was a new experience for me and an interesting one... Until I sussed out that the enemy tribes over-commit on the attack, so the best way to wipe them out (as is my way) is to tank an attack and then launch a strong counter. This meant that it actually made sense to leave the mid-strength tribe that wasn't at war with me alone until I'd taken out the full-strength tribe, interestingly. I found it a little hard to get traction here, but once I'd gotten into it I was laughing. The clothing designer is a bit underwhelming, but I still found a good excuse to have skull knee pads and make use of my horse-like build to get some saddlebags on there for stuff collection.

The Civ phase is pretty fun, with it's C&C-lite approach. I've enjoyed the vehicle and building designers, too. I think my war-like footing wasn't perfect for the vehicle designer, which seems to balance your vehicle based on what you put on it, rather than build stats. As a result, all of my vehicles were firepower heavy, slow and with reasonable armour. My ground vehicle is essentially a tank covered in guns, my boats are ugly catamarans with a lot of large weapons pointing forward and my aircraft were like miniature star destroyers... covered in guns. One enemy got to aircraft before me, but then squandered the advantage by hovering over another enemy town whilst I caught up. I conquered the entire planet without using ICBMs or anything, as I'd read that they kind of wreck your economy going into the space age. Once you've got aircraft it's basically game over for the enemy and your ground vehicles, which are stranded on an island that you own entirely, as far as I could tell.

So now, I'm in space. Naturally, my space ship (The Merciless) is bristling with guns. After a purely red-card run, I've found that galactic politics seems to lean heavily in favour of trade and alliances, which has been an adjustment for me. I've done a few Galactic Adventures, but the base-game content is heavily favoured like this, so I think I'll focus on getting all of the badges (I'm already at the Omnipotent level, so I've made some good progress) and then go take on the Grox. Empire management is a bit tiresome and you need tons of money to get the automated defences and bio protection that would take some of the demand away. As I've poured many hours into this now, I've got a reasonably big empire, a couple of very powerful allies with a large spread (I'm slowly eating into their empires via trade) and some smaller allies. Any opposition gets wiped out pretty quickly now that I can pop up a shield and park over each city with very powerful bombs. Early on conquering planets was a real war of attrition, whilst now it's laughably easy. I'm clearly not going to obtain the entire galaxy, as it's gigantic, so maxing badges and then going to the heart of the galaxy is my entire game plan. Probably just punch a hole through the Grox and keep on trucking through to Earth, which I've got a planet buster for already. Then, once that's done, I'll consider the game beaten and move onto Galactic Adventures quick play.

TL;DR - playing Spore; quite like it; grinding through badges in space phase before going to centre of galaxy and blowing up Earth.

16 hours ago, Agent6 said:

@KVELLER Nice. The combat and movement kinda killed it for me in SS2.

Oh, SS2's movement has nothing on SS1's. Sometimes you'll strafe up a ramp and go flying across the room, and it happens fairly often.

I tried playing Metroid Prime with a second hand copy on my Gamecube and I tried playing it emulated, I still can't hold my interest with that game for some reason. However I did find out about someone recreating the games engine from the ground up with the intention to create a PC port of the game, maybe if that gets completed I may actually attempt to play it again.

Edited by Avoozl

On 8/23/2018 at 12:11 AM, Nekr0s1s said:

i've just finished Forsaken Remastered

I've just learned that this is a thing. If I wasn't on an uphill struggle through a mountain of games, I'd be all over this. This was the game that inspired Virus (along with StarWing)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Now, in light of all the CoD controversy, here's MY honest opinion of COD IW: a bit cliche at times, not much depth, but it's a LOT of fun. Great mechanics, pristine graphics, and a fantastic cast, as far as the campaign goes. Haven't played much multiplayer yet, but the gameplay is very fluid and handles naturally.

I'm currently playing my new most favorite videogame, Warframe!

This game is so good, I'd wish to pay money for it! It's been a couple months since I got this game, and I still can't believe this game is free-to-play!

Batman Arkham City, and already finished it in fact, or the main quest anyway, there's still stuff to do.

Man I love the Batman Arkham games so much, it's so good to finally experience them after years of letting the dust settle on their boxes thanks to using hardware that could not handle any of them. Too bad Arkham Knight is miserable on PC though... it'll take a few more years until I'll get a console and hopefully experience it on one, if it's going to still be compatible by then.

6 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Batman Arkham City, and already finished it in fact, or the main quest anyway, there's still stuff to do.

Man I love the Batman Arkham games so much, it's so good to finally experience them after years of letting the dust settle on their boxes thanks to using hardware that could not handle any of them. Too bad Arkham Knight is miserable on PC though... it'll take a few more years until I'll get a console and hopefully experience it on one, if it's going to still be compatible by then.

From what I understand, the PC port of Arkham Knight is fine now.

5 minutes ago, Ajora said:

From what I understand, the PC port of Arkham Knight is fine now.

Supposedly it still has stuttering issues and frame drops, and being even larger than Arkham City I shudder to think how bad it could be while wandering outside. Even if that proves not to be the case I can't run it unfortunately, a 950 is not enough for what I would've wanted (not max out but still).

I'm currently playing Shadow Tactics: Shogun
Great game, I do not know what kind of games it is, but it's similar to Comandos 2 (only that I think Shadow Tactis is better.
It's a completely different game than EVE, but it still requires a lot of thought
On the market from where you buy ISK, you want to take everything away from us even Plex, and I know that this satek also has a soul, role and brings sacred human profit. Axioms what freedoms defend rights, if you want to buy Skill Injectors and EVE ISK it is definitely the best site for EVE Online ;-)
Many of you are asking about where you can buy ISK i EVE Isk oraz Skill injectors, bright like bright reflector.
If you want to read about EVE and Buy isk, there is a great poem abou EVE online and buy eve isk - just read ;-) It's awesome source of trusted knowlegde ;-) http://www.poetsgraves.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23270

EVE In Me, I'm EVE Online... So pretty words ;-) BUy ISK and Buy EVE Isk

Edited by Pytel

I found myself more and more inmersed in custom Duke Nukem 3d content. Too bad that I didn't figure out how to play custom episodes yet. 

I've been working on improving my ability to play high-level Tetris, and have been making good progress. The strategy guide "Tricks of the Classic NES Tetris Masters" has been very helpful.  

I'm playing the one and only Silent Hill.

The game is... genuinely terrifying, unsettling, and anything of the like. It gets me to the point where I just cannnot play for long sessions, I mean, at the time of writing, I stopped playing about half an hour ago, and I'm still reeling from the atmosphere.

Or is it because I'm always low on resources? Or maybe those low-res dithered graphics actually make things scarier? Maybe it's all of it.

The camera can go to hell though, half the time it thinks the walls are more important than the enemies.

I don't understand why zombies have such freakishly high evasion rates. Even when I'm fighting a group of zombies that are at far lower levels than my party, they always evade my physical attacks until the cows come home. They're a bunch of mindless, shambling corpses, not elite level assassins. 

Just finished Half Life 2 and it was a great game a pure masterpiece, I felt the ending was a bit weak, but everything else was fantastic. 

Nothing atm. Awaiting Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Devil May Cry 5, and DOOM Eternal. Can't say I'm extremely hyped for Kingdom Hearts III anymore. I'm sick of waiting.

About a week ago I decided to try out a bunch of games I missed when they first came out. Those include Serious Sam, Unreal and Kingpin.

Haven't played enough of the last two yet but I've just given up on SS literally at the last fight. So this is that legendary shooter that has Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam? What the hell? This was one of the worst games I've ever played.

1 hour ago, Touchdown said:

I've just given up on SS literally at the last fight. So this is that legendary shooter that has Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam? What the hell? This was one of the worst games I've ever played.

Hehe. Opinions are a strange beast indeed :)