Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Finished part 1 of Max Payne 3 on Windows, got four levels left in BUTCHER on Switch, think I got three or four levels left in Crash Bandicoot? Also on world 2 of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Need For Speed World (Offline, not to be confused with Soapbox Race World). Now that the first car replacement mods are rolling in, it's going to be even better. I can't wait to roll the streets in a nice Honda Civic Si.

Started playing Anthem a week ago, it's been so addictive! That game is fun! I love flying games. The combat is really good too. When i saw the trailer i thought the game would be so lame LOL It's way more fun than Destiny. Anthem is the Dark Void 2 that I've been waiting for. 

I have been playing Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on an emulator for a few days now to continue my playthrough. I haven't continued my playthrough for months now so I don't know what to do and where to go. I'm currently at Sky Walkway (Castle B) just dashing around and trying to find where the portal back to Castle A. 

I've been pointlessly grinding away in Fallout76 and Sniper Elite 4 while waiting for either Cyberpunk 2077, Sniper Elite 5 or The Outer Wilds (which I forgot that I pre-ordered and just received notice yesterday that it'll be ready Oct. 25th) -- yay! something to look forward too.  

Been thinking about buying an extra monitor and desk and restoring my XP machine for the classics that were made during that era (so many good games made during the Windows XP era...)

Playing New Vegas for about 45 hours now and the game is really good like people said, the color scheme make me vomit after a while though.

Recently I am also playing some indies. Enter The Gungeon, which is a good game, and the artists have nailed the art style well. The game is also packed with a tons of references too, and they are pretty cute :P  Caves of Qud, a pretty hardcore and surprisingly good roguelike (you can shoot limbs and dig with the top-down view), but obscure sadly.

I'm also thinking of getting into a Zelda game through an emulator, but I don't know where to start.

Replaying the first Serious Sam (First and Second Encounters)... on Serious difficulty with "100%" kills and secrets. 

@FractalBeast Tried Noita couple days ago. Liked it.

Was going to play the first Unreal, but the D letter doesn't want to work always. Sometimes it just stops working and have to pull it out and put it back in to get it working again (maybe too much rapid strafe dodge). Tried SXZC layout, but couldn't press ZX and Space together. And couldn't decide between Hard and Very Hard difficulties.

2 hours ago, TwinBeast said:

@FractalBeast Tried Noita couple days ago. Liked it.

I've been playing it obsessively since it came out. Getting a bit burned out because I ruined two runs that had victory potential because I was messing around. I'll just play something else for a few days and come back.

You'll see. The biggest danger in Noita is yourself.

@TwinBeast If you're able to play, all I can say is the difficulties are what they say on the tin, and that is the experience you'll get throughout the entire game more or less, sans typical endgame difficulty. The higher the difficulty, the more monsters there will be (yes, in 1998) and the more damage they'll be able to soak up, which does result in the player feeling underpowered the further up you go. But the fights are rarely more than 1-2 enemies at a time, and they're almost always intense, they just last longer on higher modes.

@Lila Feuer Decided to go with the Very Hard. Doesn't feel as difficult as it was 6 years ago (previous time playing Unreal). Maybe I've improved my skills in Quake Live FFA.

I wonder if taking another key off the keyboard (like the letter Å) and putting it into the D slot would help. The D key seems very worn and even has a little crack and dent on it. If the problem isn't caused with the top part of the key, then maybe TGFH could work. Flipped hands config from Quake2 should work ok. I'd just have to flip mouse and keyboard hands, but then maybe Very Hard might be too hard.

@TwinBeast As an Unreal 1 fan I highly recommend the 227 unofficial patch on a return playthrough, despite the name it is officially endorsed. It adds two additional difficulties (Unreal becomes Very Hard and Unreal and Godlike are harder), implements UT decals, new renderers and some other neat stuff like an option for the original weapon audio (before the Gold update copied most of the UT sounds).

@Lila Feuer Yea, already got the 227. Maybe I'll try the extra difficulties later when I'm more familiar with the game or in coop. I've only played through Unreal once.

@TwinBeast It's a long game! I slept on the single player for years like an idiot and finally beat it for the first time in late 2008 (I think I got the game in 2001?) and became a superfan ever since. Beat it my fifth time at the end of 2015. I'm overdue for a return.

E: I didn't really like Return to Na Pali, I played that once after my fifth play of the base game, but to be fair it was beta content refurbished into a half-baked mission pack by a different developer entirely. I think this is suppose to remedy that problem though but I haven't tried it yet: https://unrealarchives.com/return-to-na-pali-ultimate-edition/

The assault rifle in Deus Ex is fairly bad. I've been putting my share of skill points and modifications into it, but the bullets are about as effective as spitballs. It's no big deal though, as the pistol and sniper rifle are both great. 

I'm disappointed the game didn't allow me the option of remaining loyal to UNATCO. It seemed like the game had the option of allowing me to betray Paul, stay with UNATCO, and maybe even strike up a romance with Anna, and I was really trying to go for all of this. None of this is possible, and in a game largely predicated on player choice, that really is a shame.

Edited by Ajora

I've been playing my PS2 (slim) lately and i have a copy of Medal Of Honor: Frontline that's really scratched but seems to still work fine. The good thing about that game is that you can completely rebind every control, as well as choose from a bunch of different predefined control schemes if you wanted to.

It's still a fun game imo but i can tell that it's sort of scripted in a way, as in when you encounter enemies they will only pop up or open doors for you (to help you progress) only if you do something in a "certain way". Nonetheless it's still a great game. Controls still hold up today although i would prefer to play the PS3 remaster but my PS3 doesn't work. They need to re-release that remaster on PS4/XB1/Switch. PC would be cool too if possible.

I'm also still messing around with Forza 6 on my XB1 and GTA: San Andreas on my PS2 as well once in a while (i've beaten GTA:SA so many times, but only once on PS2 years ago).

Edited by CyberDreams

SAS: Zombie Assault 4 (Steam version)

Surprisingly solid game, ninjakiwi should just update it sometime soon

Just got Skullsgirls, so I've been playing that while I figure out why Killer Instinct won't launch for me anymore.

Also playing some Major/Minor, Touhou 17, and The Sims 4 in-between.

Paladins. I found the game after quitting Overwatch half a year ago and have not looked back. Almost have 600 on it, according to Steam.

I've been playing X-Men Vs. Street Fighter on Fightcade. It holds up pretty good, though it's very unbalanced. Bison is laughably bad in this game. 

Just played through Little Nightmares. The controls (on pc at least) didn't always mesh well with the platforming and depth perception, but overall it was a really intriguing and creepy game. The art style was fantastic, the puzzles were generally fun and interesting, and there were several intense and eerie moments (with a few obnoxious ones, though the game is incredibly generous with checkpoints). Haven't played through the DLC yet, but the base game alone was a memorable experience. It's just this unnerving (and sometimes outright disturbing) journey that unfolds as you go, never giving you much more than haunting bread crumbs to piece together where you are and what the hell is happening, which added a lot to the already impeccable atmosphere. Not quite like anything I've ever played.

It only took me about 4 hours to beat the main story, and as I purchased the game + DLC during a Steam sale (the whole bundle was about $12), I'd say it's probably worth the full price, and was definitely worth the sale price.

Edited by RonnieJamesDiner

Resident Evil 4 (PS4) and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (SNES).

Absolutely loved these games as a kid and I still do, it just captures the exact feeling of being a badass government agent or a heroic warrior with heroic powers and an awesome suit.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:26 AM, A.Gamma said:

Paladins. I found the game after quitting Overwatch half a year ago and have not looked back. Almost have 600 on it, according to Steam.

Used to play it. I mained grover and viktor. Who do you main?

On 10/12/2019 at 12:09 PM, nue said:

Used to play it. I mained grover and viktor. Who do you main?

Ash. Most versatile tank in the game imo, though I can play almost every champion.

I'm playing something called Immortal Unchained, and it's pretty much Dark Souls with guns. But it has a cool setting -- Norse mythos in sci-fi clothing -- and it gives me this cozy feeling of playing an actual game. You know, not just being led in a straight line from a cutscene to a cutscene, but being let go in an environment and having to find my way around. It's glitchy, unpolished, unbalanced (bosses easier than some standard enemies), but it's FUN. And for this, I'd recommend it.

I dug out my old copy of Wolfenstein 2009 and I have been enjoying it, I still don't like how it has regen heath though. At this point I think the game attracts more hate than it actually deserves, it's no where near the worst FPS I have ever played honestly.

Edited by Avoozl