Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

On 10/8/2017 at 12:07 AM, Xyzzy01 said:

Gubble_-_PlayStation_US_cover_art_-_Zeni

I just found this game and am already loving it!

Looks interesting!

On 11/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, Loud Silence said:

Just started TES Daggerfall.

Is it the original version via DosBox or the Unity recreation?

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. It was a nightmare to get running, Rockstar needs to lift their game. For anyone having issues, make sure to set API to DirectX12 not Vulkan.

The game is enjoyable and all life consuming.

DOOM (1993) PS4 port and crying because I can’t get the stupid trophy that requires you to beat the game in co-op on Nightmare difficulty. 

Been playing Postal 4: No regerts. It's in early access, and they proudly present a reminder in game that it's a Janky Alpha. But it's still fun. And it is still EA, and clearly an alpha. They have three missions for Monday, and mostly it works. And it's really fun to be back in a Postal 2 environment. I mean it's really fun to explore, and figure out how to kill people. And finding the weapons. It's like a warm hug from 2002. The foundation for a great game is there. I'm not sure if it's everyone's idea of a great game, but it should kick the buttsauce out of Postal 2.

That being said, it IS an early alpha. At this point if you buy it, you're mainly spending money towards future development. What's there is really fun if you loved Postal 2; but it has performance issues, it's not fleshed out, there's crashes at times (I've only found one consistent crash, picking up body armor in the Blue Waffle), but it's fun. And Running With Scissors interaction with the Steam boards is amazing. The only time I've ever seen anything like it was with NewBlood, and that was mainly El Oschuro on Dusk and Amid Evil. The way RWS is responding to crash and bug reports, and thanking the community for their input on features or things that could be added is amazing. 

I guess I have a crush on Postal 4. If you liked Postal 2 at all, or you support devs that do their own thing, and make some controversial shit, I would suggest supporting them. Hell, Running With Scissors is selling Postal 2 for .99 on Steam right now, so if you haven't played it, now's your chance. 

I'm currently running playthroughs on Heretic (with the Wayfarer's Tome), Doom 64: Retribution and TNT Revilution. Quake: Arcane Dimensions technically too I guess. And other than those, a tower defence game called Rats, Bats & Bones.  

On 11/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, seed said:

As about Duke 3D WT... well I sure knew for a long time that the remaster was dogshit so I didn't jump in with high expectations, but oh my fucking god they couldn't even make VSync toggleable... the input lag is so unreal that I had to stop playing and nuked the game from my hard drive. I can't understand how the people who played this shit on PC could stand it... You think other SDL-based (Doom) ports have terrible VSync? Oh boy, you've seen nothing. So, it's a shame indeed, seems I'll have to watch a walkthrough video of it after all, as it is literally unplayable for me, it was a huge pain in the ass to aim in this... "remaster". I said it before, and I'll definitely say it again, Megaton was a vastly superior product. Get this on sale, and play it on eduke32, as disastrous as its codebase might be, it runs infinitely better than WT. But, no Episode 5 support in eduke, sadly... Worst remaster I've played in a long time...

Its really weird because thats exactly what I find Duke Nukem Megaton and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux to be. Duke Nukem WT works flawlessly for me. Absolutely flawless, 144fps never dips ever. And I'm not saying you're lying, but it really seems like there's some deep technical issue going on with it. Also earlier versions of eduke32 also gave me such issues but they were fixed in one of the recent updates at some point.

I started a new game of Fallout New Vegas the other day, I am thoroughly enjoying this game again.

Halfway through GRIS. Not a whole lot I can say about this now. art style looked nice and reviewers seem to like it so I decided to give it a go. liking the soundtrack so far, and how each area focuses on specific type of challenge.
E: This game is longer than I expected, I'll finish it some other time. The soundtrack is relaxing when it needs to be and powerful when it needs to be, and the game definitely has its moments, even some creative boss battles (albeit easy ones).

Sven Co-op, feels good to be back.

Edited by sluggard

3 hours ago, hybridial said:

Its really weird because thats exactly what I find Duke Nukem Megaton and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux to be. Duke Nukem WT works flawlessly for me. Absolutely flawless, 144fps never dips ever. And I'm not saying you're lying, but it really seems like there's some deep technical issue going on with it. Also earlier versions of eduke32 also gave me such issues but they were fixed in one of the recent updates at some point.

144hz? Then it could be a common issue in this case. VSync issues also exist in eduke32, but some people reported they were supposedly fixed for that kind of hardware, whereas the issue still exists for 60hz. Megaton and Redux, while definitely having their own issue, at least didn't force VSync on the user, which simply doesn't run well. For me, someone with a 60hz screen, WT is literally unplayable.

5 minutes ago, seed said:

144hz? Then it could be a common issue in this case. VSync issues also exist in eduke32, but some people reported they were supposedly fixed for that kind of hardware, whereas the issue still exists for 60hz. Megaton and Redux, while definitely having their own issue, at least didn't force VSync on the user, which simply doesn't run well. For me, someone with a 60hz screen, WT is literally unplayable.

I guess that makes sense, its just that if I turn off Vsync on Megaton and Redux, I get really, really bad screen tearing that makes it just as unplayable as having the input lag does, and whilst running it windowed can fix the screen tearing I find the input problems and frame stutters never really go away. 

I'm hoping we get a Shadow Warrior port sometime without these issues. 

Also WT ran fine when the frame limit was set at 60, its just later I found I could raise it to max and it still ran just as well. Ion Fury can't do that. 

@seed @hybridial In case of all of the ports of build engine games (Eduke32, NBlood, Redux), I just turn off the in-game Vsync and use the external Vsync instead.

And In Ion Fury's case, in addition to the above step, I also suggest following settings in Nvidia/AMD Control Panel:

- Preferred graphics processor -> High-performance GPU

- Power management mode -> Prefer maximum performance

- Threaded Optimization -> ON

- Optimize for compute performance -> ON

- Triple Buffering -> ON

@ReaperAA I really tried everything with Shadow Warrior Redux but nothing really made it better. I played through it but at this point would rather wait for a new port. Nblood works fine. BloodGDX works great. Fresh Supply is fine. Somehow we went from having no decent source ports of Blood to having three in the space of 6 months. 

I will try those settings with Ion Fury to see if they help, thanks. 

I've been playing Rainbow 6 Seige with my friend for 3 days. I'm utter shit but it's still really fun just to mess around

People Playground, it´s an 2D indie sandbox game where you can dick around with electronics and building parts, kinda like Garry´s Mod, it even has destructible ragdolls

Been playing the Win10 edition of Minecraft lately.
Been seeing this somewhat frequently, doesn't break the game but looks irritating af. 
unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

Quake 2.

I decided to give it a fourth chance... and I do NOT regret it. On a lower difficulty setting it's pretty fun, nowhere near as supremely tedious as it was on hard, and I can actually appreciate it now. Nice atmosphere and amazing soundtrack too, but no, it won't replace the original Quake in my top, the first installment is much closer to my preferences ;).

On 11/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, seed said:

Quake 2.

I decided to give it a fourth chance... and I do NOT regret it. On a lower difficulty setting it's pretty fun, nowhere near as supremely tedious as it was on hard, and I can actually appreciate it now. Nice atmosphere and amazing soundtrack too, but no, it won't replace the original Quake in my top, the first installment is much closer to my preferences ;).

BTW I watched a bit of your Quake 2 videos and noticed that u were not using the Energy Armor inventory item. By using it, u can make life much easier.

57 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

BTW I watched a bit of your Quake 2 videos and noticed that u were not using the Energy Armor inventory item. By using it, u can make life much easier.

I did say I know nothing about the game, didn't I :p ?

Playing Hammer, I open it at least twice a day, change some minor things here and there, then I get bored and close it then go back to cs. I haven't yet finished GRIS, or the first Dishonored, eventhough I enjoyed the first few missions of it. Arkane Studios knows how to make good system shock-esque games. I need to learn to stop procrastinating lol.

I plan to play Doki Doki . 

I heard a more about this game, and some news about players of this game like they committed suicide after playing this game. 

But I don't know. I should to play it. Maybe I'll find something interesting and events related to this game. 

I just bought Ion Maiden during the Steam Sale this weekend. It's not bad so far. I love the overall atmosphere of the game and the music is pretty cool, but the enemies are a pain in the ass and the weapons are kind of unimpressive, although that revolver's secondary function is really nifty.

just bought Hexen II, only an hour into it so far and I already am lost and dunno what to do now lol

i like that it still mostly has Quake's movement so I can strafe jump like a madman everywhere.

Playing through Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and enjoying it a lot more than i though i would. Only Ivory King DLC left to do (and darklurker bc i killed the old man in a wheelchair thinking he was an enemy lol)