Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Started playing the Portal of Praevus expansion for Hexen 2 via UQE Hexen 2.

Finally a port that works perfect for me. Hammer is nice and all but the Software render doesn't even go higher than 1280x1024 and the GL render is pretty barebones, for fancy effect FTEQW is far better, and it also has very frustrating input lag, making it borderline unusable for me. But sadly FTE seems to be glitchy, at least when it comes to supporting the expansion, haven't checked the base game. The intro doesn't play, it exhibits some graphical issues, and the first map can't even be finished.

UQE also seems pretty barebones, but it runs very well, and has quite snappy input, exactly what I need. So far this expansion seems a lot more straightforward than the base game, which had completely asinine puzzles in parts and confusing layouts early on. The castle maps were super confusing and required lots of backtracking, while the Egyptian hub essentially required previous knowledge. Portal has none of this bullshit so far. It also features a new class but haven't checked her out yet, I'm playing as a Necromancer.

@Jello Ducktales for the NES on normal mode is significantly harder than Ducktales: Remastered is on hard mode. The game is indeed short and a bit too easy, but I loved every moment of it and will inevitably play through it again on extreme mode. Overall, I'd say it's on the same level of quality as Bionic Commando: Rearmed is. 

Playing Banished and dicking around in GTAV

Banished is just so good, very easy to lose multiple hours and mods make it even better.

GTAV i never played before this year, GTA IV was so bad i really had no interest in this game at all when it was announced.

Only reason why i ever started to play GTAV was because earlier this year epic games gave it for free and damn this game is so much better than IV.

Actually liked the story mode and the world is interesting to explore and to do stupid stuff in. And to think i probably would have never bought it, well i guess you can still say i never bought it. Still not going to spend any money on epic games store tho, i'm only in it for the free stuff

Been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Dx2 Liberation non stop recently.

Never thought a cellphone game could be soo deep and fun, with multiple way to do beside the main quest.

And the contacting/fusion mechanic take it to eleven as there are a lot of demons to fuse.

Most awesome thing is that there are a lot of monthly special event with really cool unlockables and new demos.

They gifted me with Guts from Berserk manga as a demon to use... to slay more demons :P

Awesome addicting game.

Edited by P41R47

I was playing Re-Volt. That's a crazy game, and it's actually quite fun! That coming from someone who usually doesn't enjoy racing games at all :p

Finished this Hallowen Dead Rising on some friend XBOX, now im playing the 2 on the same console. Never played it before lol.

In Pc im playing Metro Last Ligth! It's have some Stalkers vives.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

@Jello Ducktales for the NES on normal mode is significantly harder than Ducktales: Remastered is on hard mode. The game is indeed short and a bit too easy, but I loved every moment of it and will inevitably play through it again on extreme mode. Overall, I'd say it's on the same level of quality as Bionic Commando: Rearmed is. 

The quality of the remaster is amazing, it really captured the charm of the original cartoons, it was really well done.

As far as Bionic Commando: Rearmed, I loved that game as well. It was just hard enough to be a challenge, but it wasn't an ass-ache for the most part. My only regret is that I could never get past that last platforming section outside the Albatross. I even went in there with around 30 extra lives one time, and I just could not get through it. Oh well, still enjoyed the rest of it immensely. 

I'm presently trying to get better at both Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus R and Starcraft and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. 

Edited by Ajora

Finished the first Kotor as LS.

I guess the story is... something. It was fascinating to see Malak missing his jaw at the end, I take it the vision the Exile has in TSL on Korriban is quite a bit earlier than that, then, since he looks normal there. I'm still curious about Bastila and the Mandalorian Wars however, I'm missing some pieces here.

But anyway, story-wise the first game definitely has a lot of Force fluff to it, and the characters are not too well developed, I'd even say it's a bit messy, especially Bastila's love story, that... was awkward. I mean I'm not against the idea but good grief the execution was horrid. She's by far the worst character in the game, unsurprisingly, and one could say she doesn't think at all. The Revan revelation was supposed to be more climatic, but na, instead, if you're displeased by what the Council did, you get more cultist drivel in return...

I found it surprising that unlike TSL, I think you can pretty much switch sides when you reach the very end too. In TSL if you kill any Jedi they'll attack you on Dantooine, but it's relatively interesting to see the tide turning here so close to the end. After Malak corrupts Bastila it's possible to betray your companions and join her, but in doing so, you lose Jolee and Juhani, as you'll be forced to kill both and consecrate the temple with their blood. Got mixed feelings about this frankly, I don't find it too appropriate to be able to kill your own companions, especially in such a plot twist, so I'm glad TSL added an influence system instead that allows to Jedify most characters, or gain some insight/abilities through them, if not.

I didn't end up with too many LS points though, as I did DS quests too, but just like TSL it seems LS sucks here too, gameplay wise. You just don't seem to grow too strong with melee in this game, and the upgrades are also a lot more limited, in TSL the improved upgrades and feats allow for some very devastating melee builds. But I just love zapping everything with Force Lightning, except that, as LS, that shit is expensive even with high charisma. Kinda similar to Heal for DS.

Unfortunately, it seems this game has a few major bugs left, specifically the companion quests. Apparently if you do Juhani's quest before some of the others, the remaining ones will glitch. I missed Canderous' quest as a result, as Jagi never spawned anywhere. It's also frustrating that, apparently, after meeting Xor the first time, he spawns on a planet even if Juhani is not in your party, causing him to glitch out completely. I had him spawn on Manaan afterwards, but without her in my party and he glitched there as a result, I had to travel to Kashyyyk to spawn him there too, this time with her in my party, and either spare (LS) or kill him (DS) - I killed him, wtf. Like come on, I'm not letting scum like that get away, no way.

As for the end game, well, Malak is not a very hard boss, but you will waste a lot of time on him if you don't kill his captives, so that he will keep draining them. Not on my watch, you cunt. Otherwise, the game is good, but the story and characters are considerably worse than in TSL, and it's also sorely missing some improvements from TSL - I mean for fuck's sake, you can't use implants at all if you don't invest into... perks here? What a waste of points, the advanced ones just need a high Constitution in TSL. You also gain fairly few powers and feats as well, and it has a level cap as well, even if you gain more XP, you stop levelling up at 20, which TSL doesn't have, and without exploits, you can also level up almost 10 more levels in comparison. So, quite limiting... But at any rate, there's too much Force fluff and Jedi drivel in this game, and no nuance whatsoever, with one-dimensional characters, which is the most glaring issue IMO, although it has a few others too.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, P41R47 said:

Been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Dx2 Liberation non stop recently.

Never thought a cellphone game could be soo deep and fun, with multiple way to do beside the main quest.

And the contacting/fusion mechanic take it to eleven as there are a lot of demons to fuse.

Most awesome thing is that there are a lot of monthly special event with really cool unlockables and new demos.

They gifted me with Guts from Berserk manga as a demon to use... to slay more demons :P

Awesome addicting game.

I've just started this, any beginner tips? 

6 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

I've just started this, any beginner tips? 

Yeah, check this out:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dx2wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page&ved=2ahUKEwjkw_iQqPjsAhWPFLkGHa_yAYUQFjAAegQIARAD&usg=AOvVaw2AgCPagWdXdG_enwTVoslH

There is a begginer guide to get one of the most powerful demons from the get go, Yoshitsune.

Also, there are a lot of good advices for fusing and summoning.

I found the wiki pretty late, so i learn a lot of things by trial and error, but the wiki is much like the doomwiki, with almost info about everything.

Aside from that, my party is Jack The Ripper, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Haget.

Every demons has one or two elemental attacks, preferently the single variant over the multiple as you can strike some null state or repel state from the enemy line and loose two turns with that.

The game takes you by the hand on the first two chapters, and then it opens up greatly, letting you do or play as you like.

About contacting demons, the drawback is that you can't talk them when you want, and just need to wait for the opportunity.

Never waste it, even when you already has the demon, try to make a contract with them as they can be used as material for enhancening your own party and evolve your demons.

Been obsessed with playing a Pokemon fangame called "Solar Light & Lunar Dark" it's really good. Can easily spend hours on it. I love how the entire region is made up of fakemon (fanmade Pokemon) so every encounter is something new! I'm also doing pretty well so far. Got 3 gym badges and getting ready to challenge for my 4th! 

6 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Been obsessed with playing a Pokemon fangame called "Solar Light & Lunar Dark" it's really good. Can easily spend hours on it. I love how the entire region is made up of fakemon (fanmade Pokemon) so every encounter is something new! I'm also doing pretty well so far. Got 3 gym badges and getting ready to challenge for my 4th! 

Have you played Pokemon Uranium? Is it any good?

13 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Yeah, check this out:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dx2wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page&ved=2ahUKEwjkw_iQqPjsAhWPFLkGHa_yAYUQFjAAegQIARAD&usg=AOvVaw2AgCPagWdXdG_enwTVoslH

There is a begginer guide to get one of the most powerful demons from the get go, Yoshitsune.

Also, there are a lot of good advices for fusing and summoning.

I found the wiki pretty late, so i learn a lot of things by trial and error, but the wiki is much like the doomwiki, with almost info about everything.

Aside from that, my party is Jack The Ripper, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Haget.

Many thanks, some good tips there and I'll give the link a read over. I see your using Jack Frost which I've just picked up, are low level demons worth buffing/leveling up? I pulled a couple of 4 stars so I was going to stick with them. 

9 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

Many thanks, some good tips there and I'll give the link a read over. I see your using Jack Frost which I've just picked up, are low level demons worth buffing/leveling up? I pulled a couple of 4 stars so I was going to stick with them. 

I have my party at 5 starts already, so yes. I like to extract all the juice from theme.

Also, later you will be able to use skill transfer and skill genomes, that let you use demons as material to extract their abilities and patch them on other.

So with good time invested, you can make a lvl50 Slime with all it weakness transformed on null states and having the best attack on the game.

It stats could not be the same as Lucifer on Lvl50 but that slime will surely give a good fight to the lord himself.

I try to no use much high star demons as i prefer to train the demons i found lovely or likeable.

I'm only interested on high star demons when they are gift or adquiered through special event.

The Moirae sisters are now the special event, and they are difficult to get. I just get one so far from the three.

As you play, more Devil Downloaders will join you, and so more demons to train, later you will have an option to unlock up to four parties for the same character. So you are free to train the demons as you like.

Currently going through all five episodes of Duke Nukem 3D, because I've heard its really good.

Currently on episode 2, episode 1 was very good, with the realistic-looking earth environments, (when compared to Doom 2 at least).

Excited to go through the other 4 episodes.

I got BallisticNG on a whim, it's basically not-Wipeout, and was very cheap. It's pretty good, I was in the mood for a racing game, and though I was planning to play Redout some more for that, I kinda feel I'll be spending that time more with my new purchase. At least, its a fairly different game but still quite good. 

That's all cool and all, but did you yet escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism?

I guess Tim Curry has. I don't know. Been a while since I last heard him talk about it.

18 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

replaying Legend of Zelda : a Link to the Past on the cellphone (SGBA emulator)

Always a good choice. Make sure you play Link's Awakening if you haven't already. I'm still torn between it, and A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game. The original game that was on Gameboy, not the new Switch version. It was so amazingly well made, charming, and surreal, I fell in love with it right away.

I haven't played the new Switch version; I can't vouch for that. But the original version was great.

28 minutes ago, Jello said:

Always a good choice. Make sure you play Link's Awakening if you haven't already. I'm still torn between it, and A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game. The original game that was on Gameboy, not the new Switch version. It was so amazingly well made, charming, and surreal, I fell in love with it right away.

I haven't played the new Switch version; I can't vouch for that. But the original version was great.

I've played it, but can't remember for sure if I finished it.. Maybe after. I've also played The Oracle of Time, The Oracle of Seasons and The Minishing Cap, besides Ocarina of Time. Still considering playing the original (and maybe even 2).. I might get around to do it one of these days, since the SNES emulator works good on the cellphone.

Another vote for original Links Awakening, I played it while camping in the New Forest on a fat ol GB so good memories, The DX version is worth checking out too with its bonus colour*dungeon. 

The Oracles are very good (the code swapping was great) and produced by Capcom weirdly. 

*Correct spelling. 

3 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

That's all cool and all, but did you yet escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism?

I guess Tim Curry has. I don't know. Been a while since I last heard him talk about it.

The lost city of Zinge? 

**sorry for double post. 

7 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

SPACE!!!!!!!!

And yes I know which game this quote came from.

I've been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat 1 on fightcade. It's more popular than one might expect over there. Simplistic by today's standards, but still good fun.

Edited by Ajora

finally started Witcher 3.  good friend @guitardz hooked it up on my birthday last year. 

...yeah, last year.  i have trouble with third-person games(simulation sickness).  i'm only going through sessions of about 2 to 3 hours in length. thankfully, there is a LOT of dialogue so i can stretch it out more than an hour of gameplay.

@loveless I've got games from eight years ago I've not gotten round to starting yet - some of which cost me good money! I try to convince myself that I'll get round to all of them eventually, but between work, Doom, the free time dynamics that come with living with my girlfriend and the fact that various game stores have been giving me free cool stuff weekly or monthly for years, I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever manage it.

Even for gifts, I'm up to three or four years behind for some of them, although at least they're in retro gaming compilations where I have played at least half of the compilation by now.

Well, I got essentially a new computer. And to be honest although I've tried out games like Doom Eternal, Dishonoured 2 among others to find they now work great...

well I just played more classic Doom, Quake, some BallisticNG and Baldur's Gate 2. 

Oh well, I might get to something new eventually. I actually do think going to the trouble of setting things up to play on the TV than the monitor (even the old stuff as long as it can be played on a controller) might get me in a mindset for playing something more modern at some point.