Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Lately, when I'm not mapping, I have been playing Worms Armageddon, and it's sooo good. It's no wonder why people consider it the best Worms game.

Playing Yakuza: Black Panther or Kurohyou. It recently got an English translation, not a full one but the important stuff like main story cutscenes have English subtitles. So far, it's been pretty good. I enjoy the story and I like the gameplay, it's more challenging compared to the mainline Yakuza games. You have stamina which limits how much you can do (sidestepping too much will make you tired for example), bosses have their own unique heat moves and you get fatigue and damage to your body parts. Even with these, I still like the game.

Hopefully Kurohyou 2 also gets translated too.

I'm on an Evil playthrough of Baldur's Gate 2 playing a Berserker - Druid dual class which is definitely an interesting combo. Edwin, Dorn, Viconia and Korgan are all fun characters to journey with. I am toying around with the idea of using the Human flesh armour but that means I'll have to take on the Silver Dragon in the Underdark and Dragons in these games are no fucking joke. Probably still way easier than they would be in the Table Top game out in the open where they might be able to like, fly. But I do like the idea of "Druids can only wear armour made from the skins of animals" *wears the Human Flesh armour, how's that for wearing a skin of an animal? :P*

Also yes, I used the Druid alignment tweak so I can be neutral evil so I can wear that. And I tightened the armour restrictions so I am locked to Druid armour rules which honestly I think should be the way it is. Druids still get decent options, it makes a lot of the magic leather armour have more of a point, and makes that ankheg plate worth crafting in 2. They can still wear Dragonscale. And hey, they get Ironskin so who needs manmade metal armour. 

Also I killed Faldorn and took her crib by summoning two polar bears who murdered the shit out of her.

It's the best game ever. BG2 is the best game ever. 

9 hours ago, Valhen said:

I have been playing Worms Armageddon, and it's sooo good. It's no wonder why people consider it the best Worms game.

Which schemes do you like to play? I do a lot of roping but I like others like boom race, golf, fort, etc.

2 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Which schemes do you like to play? I do a lot of roping but I like others like boom race, golf, fort, etc.

Honestly, I usually play intermediate with Cpu 5 bots. I don't play online (although maybe one day I will).

Edited by Valhen

@Valhen It's pretty good online. WA is one of the least toxic online experiences I've had. It's actually quite an active game, which is amazing considering it was released in 1999.

2 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

@Valhen It's pretty good online. WA is one of the least toxic online experiences I've had. It's actually quite an active game, which is amazing considering it was released in 1999.

It sure looks like it. I searched about it on the internet and it seems there are tons of content. It also helps the fact that the game still recieves updates by two members of the community. 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:44 PM, Serum said:

Just started Dusk.... It's as good as everyone says it is so far.

Glad you're enjoying it. It's by far my favorite of the new retro shooters, and it only gets better the farther you get.

I'm still trying to figure out what to play, I've been trying to finish Ion Fury, but I'm just not feeling it. But I'm also working on Death Wish for Blood, and it's absolutely amazing. So yeah, sorry Ion Fury, Blood is still the best Build Engine game.

55 minutes ago, Jello said:

So yeah, sorry Ion Fury, Blood is still the best Build Engine game.

I humbly disagree but whatever.

On 1/9/2021 at 4:50 AM, ReaperAA said:

I humbly disagree but whatever.

Same. Blood is amazing but it’s just too fucking hard for me to always have fun with it.

Ion Fury is much more balanced. Definitely challenging but I never wanted to break my console over it.

Warhammer Total War 2. Vampire Coast DLC

Another playthrough of the Misery mod for Stalker.

A couple Doom Eternal levels on the weekends.

43 minutes ago, CivilianM91 said:

Same. Blood is amazing but it’s just too fucking hard for me to always have fun with it.

Ion Fury is much more balanced. Definitely challenging but I never wanted to break my console over it.

To each their own I guess. I love Blood's difficulty, and it's atmosphere is far more enjoyable than the cyberpunk/dystopian future of Ion Fury. 

And I'm not saying it's a bad game, I enjoy it more than Shadow Warrior or Duke 3D. But to me, it just doesn't come nearly as close to being as fun as Blood.

The weapons don't help either. The shock baton is boring, the only real use is killing the skull spiders or activating generators, Lover boy is a pistol that fires three rounds at a time, but it still takes multiple body hits to kill someone, so it might as well just be a single shot revolver. They use the same six shot shotgun for the grenade launcher. The crossbow is under powered. The minigun is neat, but cliched. The bowling bombs are really the only entertaining weapon due to their homing ability. But I'd still rather jump around and chuck dynamite at zombies and cultists in Blood. 

Again, I don't think Ion Fury is a bad game at all, and I played the shit out of it when it was in early access, but it's just not as good as Blood. It's an amazing, and stunning use of the Build engine, but it just doesn't have the charm of Blood.

45 minutes ago, Jello said:

....it’s atmosphere is far more enjoyable than the cyberpunk/dystopian future of Ion Fury. 

I will agree with this all day. Blood had an amazing presentation that’s pretty timeless and is leagues ahead of all other build engine games.

Edited by CivilianM91

Just finished playing through Freespace 2. I liked the new ships and weapons more than those found in the first game but the sequel lacks the sense of dread and suspense found in its predecessor. Still a fun game but the last few missions aren't that good which kind of drags down the experience.

I recently picked up Barotrauma by a friend's recommendation and it's one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played in a long time. It's hard to really do it justice through descriptions alone but it's a sci-fi submarine survival sim and inevitably everything goes horribly wrong, I'm in love with it. Giant alien-looking sea creatures try and break into the ship while the entire crew tries to hold it all together, whoever plays security is predisposed to go AWOL and take the ship prisoner, casual mutiny and trying to keep order as the captain. You really do need a good group together to experience it to its fullest but I've gotten lucky enough to have an amazing one.

Hitman and Hitman 2 as well. Been really hooked on that too, used to love Blood Money and it's a wonderful extension of that.

4 hours ago, Jello said:

The crossbow is under powered.

Correction here. The crossbow is actually borderline OP. Its not very good against foot soldiers/cultists, but against mechs, it is by far the best weapon. The overcharged secondary does crazy damage to them. It is also very good against those torso rocket firing dudes.

4 hours ago, Jello said:

Lover boy is a pistol that fires three rounds at a time, but it still takes multiple body hits to kill someone, so it might as well just be a single shot revolver.

Loverboy fires 2 shots at a time (in secondary mode) and you can kill the regular enemies (cultists, soldiers) in 1-shot with primary fire if you headshot them.

With all this said, I agree though that Blood has the best weapons of all build engine games which includes IF. I also don't mind Blood's difficulty. If something is too hard, I could just lower the difficulty and I can handle the base game on 3rd-skill almost without dying.

Its just that I am not a fan of Blood's aesthetics. It is mostly the color palette that I am not a fan of and I wish it was more like Hexen in its looks.

Edited by ReaperAA

5 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Correction here. The crossbow is actually borderline OP. Its not very good against foot soldiers/cultists, but against mechs, it is by far the best weapon. The overcharged secondary does crazy damage to them. It is also very good against those torso rocket firing dudes.

Loverboy fires 2 shots at a time (in secondary mode) and you can kill the regular enemies (cultists, soldiers) in 1-shot with primary fire if you headshot them.

With all this said, I agree though that Blood has the best weapons of all build engine games which includes IF. I also don't mind Blood's difficulty. If something is too hard, I could just lower the difficulty and I can handle the base game on 3rd-skill almost without dying.

Its just that I am not a fan of Blood's aesthetics. It is mostly the color palette that I am not a fan of and I wish it was more like Hexen in its looks.

As I said, I really don't have anything against Ion Fury. It's a good game, and I probably haven't gotten far enough into the final game to find a use for the crossbow. And I'm not going to get into an argument about it, because I think we just have different preferences. I personally love Blood's palette and aesthetics, the muted brown colors and overall late 1880's early 1900's sideshow atmosphere is right up my alley. 

I suppose it doesn't help that Quake is my favorite FPS game after Doom, mainly because all the enemies felt like actual threats, and they all had some meat to them; taking down a Fiend, Ogre, or Shambler is really satisfying. Plus I loved the medieval level design, and I prefer brown/green/blue over the neon colors in Ion Fury.

It's amazing what they did with the Build engine in Ion Fury, it is extremely impressive how much detail they crammed into it, and the secret areas are clever and at times extremely obtuse; so kudos to them. But it's just not my cup of tea.

And my favorite game in the new retro shooter pantheon is Dusk. So that should sum up my opinion pretty well.

I picked up a game called Superflight for under a dollar on sale with zero expectations and I've fallen in love. It's essentially a wing-gliding game where you fly as close to danger as possible to get points. It's weirdly both a relaxing, zen experience and an adrenaline rush at the same time, and I've thoroughly enjoyed finding a seed I enjoy, exploring to find a good line, and then attempting to pull off an insane combo to rise up the leaderboards. It's weird, because I never usually care about high scores, but I need to get good at this one for some reason. 

Here's a video of me getting my current high score to show off some of the gameplay. The music is what I was listening to at the time, not the game's soundtrack though. Didn't know my recording software would pick it up. Fits though.

Returning to Atari games, and want to Abrams Battle Tank as well

Currently playing Amulets & Armor. Free first person RPG with multiplayer feauture (you can play alone anyway)

(Just in case if you want to play it

I don't see usage of it in video, so just saying. You can switch between modes by TAB

Second mod turn A and D into strafe buttons, you can pick up items with E, and it's easier a bit to fight)

22 hours ago, CivilianM91 said:

I will agree with this all day. Blood had an amazing presentation that’s pretty timeless and is leagues ahead of all other build engine games.

Well, this is just a Question of Taste :)

I also like Ion Fury more than Blood.

To the Topic:

Dragon Quest XI, Dark Forces 2.

Had no Idea what a great Game Dark Forces 2 is.

Just finishing up Ys 8, and then alternating between Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires on Chaos difficulty and playing Doom Eternal (first playthrough).  Also have Space Hulk: Death Angel on the go.

21 hours ago, Jello said:

And my favorite game in the new retro shooter pantheon is Dusk. So that should sum up my opinion pretty well.

Dusk is a masterpiece in terms of level design, gameplay and general design. Prove me wrong, I dare you(not you specifically, just... I don’t really know)