Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I have been playing one of my favorite games. Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, I honestly think the garden warfare games are severely underrated. They have such a unique take on the class based shooter game genre. Every character has variants with different effects and gimmicks and that adds soo much more depth into the game. As a game on its own its fun but the style is what it makes one of my favorite games. I loved pvz since i was young and the style of humor and absurdism the game has just makes it so unique. There's so much more I can say about pvzgw2.

The servers on PC are still up and you can get into a match a good amount of times, plus there's a lot of singleplayer activities you can do. But you have to use Origin on PC (ewww EA) 

I hope Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1 and 2 get some sort of rerelease on current consoles. Same with PVZ 1, and 2 without all the mobile game bullshit its a good game, wait im now talking about the whole franchise. Garden Warfare is good, try it sometimes, and dont play Battle For Neighborville, that game sucks ASS.

Dread Templar, Viscerafest (awesome), Forgive Me Father (has potential, full release is soon), Monster Train, Forward: Escape the Fold and Doom Zero WAD

4 hours ago, hybridial said:

Dread Templar, Viscerafest (awesome), Forgive Me Father (has potential, full release is soon), Monster Train, Forward: Escape the Fold and Doom Zero WAD

Are you enjoying FMF? I thought it looked gorgeous, but felt kind of... weightless? Enemies just kind of glided towards you, like they were paper targets.

10 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Are you enjoying FMF? I thought it looked gorgeous, but felt kind of... weightless? Enemies just kind of glided towards you, like they were paper targets.

I think its enjoyable but kind of annoyingly difficult at times. I stopped at the Asylum level where the performance started to really drop; it was very good in the other levels so hoping the final release is optimised well.

The way the Sprites work I think is counterbalanced well by the weapons which do feel meaty, when they kill enemies, especially the shotgun. I do really like the upgrade system. I'd still say it wasn't as strong as the other two 1C published games I mentioned but I'd say I like it. 

i have never completed duke nukem 3d, so i am going through that. i played the first 2 episodes in eduke 16 years back but i was young, using cheats and not  giving a hoot about secrets or anything. as far as gen x's immersive shootulators go, i do not consider it as good as marathon 2 or blood but im having a blast thoroughly scouring the spaces within. the "characters" in that era of 3d realms games honestly just annoy the shit out of me endlessly but the duke of nukem 3d is much, much more bearable than the state he was in after 15 years of grease and dht poisoning. the humor is "i'm here to chew gum", instead of the "laugh at my jokes please!" 4ever commands of you through a decade and a half's worth of grease glistening on top of the unreal engine. all the maps have been fine and fun so far.

I’ve got a whole queue of games set up for me to tackle in the coming months.

First up on the agenda is my first play of System Shock (EE), which I’m jazzed about. Other than that will be the new Lego Star Wars.

Picked up the A500 Mini last week and have been working my way through Turrican III using the WHDLoad functionality. I can categorically say that, unlike the first two games, T3 was designed first and foremost for the Mega Drive because the grappling hook is WAY easier to use when you have a hotkey for it. Still worth playing for the extra areas and the better music.

Been playing Insurgency again. Murdering people with an M249 as they come at you in a single-file line is more fun than I remember.

1 hour ago, scalliano said:

Picked up the A500 Mini last week and have been working my way through Turrican III using the WHDLoad functionality. I can categorically say that, unlike the first two games, T3 was designed first and foremost for the Mega Drive because the grappling hook is WAY easier to use when you have a hotkey for it. Still worth playing for the extra areas and the better music.

I've tried to get into Turrican and Laser Squad a couple times on my RetroPie but between the key bindings and the BIOS/hardware configs it's such a PITA. The music is soooo good though . . .

I finally got Doom 2016 on sale for the Switch. I won't knock it, but I'll just say that I think it's fine but it's not really for me. I like the platforming, and I like how adeptly the baddies can traverse the environment.

I've been watching my wife play Metroid Dread, and she usually passes me the controller to beat the bosses for her. It's an excellent game in so many ways.

I'm mostly playing various indie visual novels + Temple of the Lizardmen 3 wad. It's a weird back and forth, I know. Sometimes I just feel like reading a good story with some choice input, other times I need something like Unreal with DOOM flare. 

16 hours ago, Aaron Blain said:

I've tried to get into Turrican and Laser Squad a couple times on my RetroPie but between the key bindings and the BIOS/hardware configs it's such a PITA. The music is soooo good though . . .

Kickstart setup on Libretro is beyond infuriating, not to mention that Amiberry refuses to save per-game configs for me under Recalbox. One of the nifty things about the Mini is that it defaults Fire to X and the Up direction to the A button. Doesn't solve T3's grappling hook but for the majority of Amiga platformers it's an absolute bloody godsend.

Got through Dread Templar recently, was amazing, but now I am shifting between games. Mainly switching between Syberia and Black Desert Online. Mostly something relaxing in between the high-octane games.

I've been playing The King Of Fighters XV recently, I really like the gameplay since it feels really crunchy, which is something I like in a fighting game.

Omega Rugal is far too easy though.

1 hour ago, Okej5722 said:

I've been playing The King Of Fighters XV recently, I really like the gameplay since it feels really crunchy, which is something I like in a fighting game.

Omega Rugal is far too easy though.

This is probably the one game at the moment that's got me miffed about not having a decent PC.

What team are you running?

4 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

What team are you running?

I've mostly been playing Terry, Kula and Iori, and sort of dabbled in K'.

14 minutes ago, Okej5722 said:

I've mostly been playing Terry, Kula and Iori, and sort of dabbled in K'.

I've never been a huge Kula fan, but she looks pretty damn fun in this edition: jump in mix-ups for days.

I also feel really, really old, because my brain still classifies K' and Kula as "new" KoF characters.

5 minutes ago, Daytime Waitress said:

I've never been a huge Kula fan, but she looks pretty damn fun in this edition: jump in mix-ups for days.

I also feel really, really old, because my brain still classifies K' and Kula as "new" KoF characters.

Ahaha, I can't exactly relate — mostly due to being seventeen going onto eighteen — but I can understand, they were characters of the new millennium! 

Still Eldan Rang, working on a "new game plus" run.

My initial run didn't feel like it was lacking at all and yet I missed all these NPC interactions, it's been lots of fun going through them all this time around.

liu.png.ea0ec4aa7cc019d37b1591ba7523d1a1.png

Got distracted from a d2all grind mostly cause work has left me in no mood to do such a thing, so I got Project Zomboid cause I finally have a computer that can actually play it. Pretty neat isometric zombie survival game that I completely ignore the infection mechanic of by turning it off cause the game is brutally punishing since any hit has a chance of incurably infecting you and ending hours and hours of run and like, I'd rather just not deal with that. Fun though, there's tons of depth to it and I am currently spear fishing in da woods.

So I got like a million games for my new acquisition, a Series X, but what I've put my time to typically is WWE 2k22 (which I think is fine and enjoyable, kind of helps it's my first WWE game in like almost a decade), Doom 2016, Doom 3, Project Warlock and eventually the plan is play more of Immortals: Fenyx Rising, the Ninja Gaiden collection and Prey. But I also got gamepass so like... yeah. 

Currently having a lot of fun with Mega Man Maker, a really cool fan game that's essentially like Super Mario Maker but with Mega Man, including a relatively big online community and everything, but also far less restrictive to the point where it's closer to an actual editing tool. I decided to give it a go after a friend of mine got into it. It's particularly interesting, because a lot of design principles for Doom mapping also apply to Mega Man, considering how the best games in the series are essentially sequences of small-scale combat puzzles.

Visuals are really fun to do as well, there's a bounty of different tiles in all kinds of colours, with pretty backgrounds as well. To me, it's kind of like Doom mapping-light at the moment, everything is much easier and quicker to do since it's a 2D game, and it currently works pretty well as a downtime after school.

Here are a few screenies and the first level I made with it bc why not, I'm pretty satisfied for it being my "first" attempt

Spoiler

471909604_2022-04-2120_01_11-MegaManMaker.png.a0fccd15a1f6b3cb110bc3b216588c23.png

483011976_2022-04-2120_18_00-MegaManMaker.png.0042cf8130dacd6d26c374951a435ec8.png

339592763_2022-04-2120_03_58-MegaManMaker.png.ec5a8f3f4df2ddb27434faf831b44546.png

unknown.png.f6aba479d399172895e9a6d28d106d5d.png

https://megamanmaker.com/?level=529086

Edited by Yumheart

Working on Night Shift at the moment (the new Chilla's Art), after that I still have a few VNs to solder through - I think SeaBed is next.

Finally got round to the Bioshock remaster. It's one of my favorite games ever. The art style and location is just incredible.