Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

On 4/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Daytime Waitress said:

But I'm thrilled to see folks still getting enjoyment from them. Is it your first rodeo? And have you got a link for the portrait packs?

This is not my first, but it has been years since I played. The portrait packs I got from 2 places, one was from IMBD and one from the Beamdog forums, I'll have to hunt down the links again.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, pilottobombadier said:

Also just tried out ActRaiser Rennaissance, also really liking it, pleasantly surprised how much the strategy side of the game has been fleshd out (all aspects of it have been).  For anyone who has never played Actraiser, it's an action RPG fused with a city-building god simulator.

I hadn't even heard they remade that game. It was one of my absolute favorite SNES games back in the day, and still is. Yeah the sidescrolling was kind of straightforward, lacked the depth of games like Super Castlevania, but the graphics were pretty good. And yeah, the simulation was pretty straightforward, not much depth. You just tell them where to go, and they built the city. But something about it was so amazingly charming. And it had really good music.

So anyway, when I read this Monday, I figured I'd try it out, see if it was any good. Well, first night I put about three hours into it, last night about four, tonight four. It's really addictive. I've read quite a few complaints about the way they do the simulation section now, particularly adding the castle defense sections, but I enjoy it. As you said, it's really been fleshed out. I could beat the original in an afternoon, I'm almost eleven hours in and I'm just finishing up Aitos. I think I have two defense sections left before I can go through Act 2, but the defense sections really start ramping up later in the game, so I figured it was time for bed.

But this means I still have Marahna and Northwall left, so I probably have another six hours in it at least. I'd say it's a good value for the money, although I think it'd be better at $15 USD or so, probably sell better. But it's great to replay a game that I have fond memories of, that was actually remade very well. My only gripe is that it can feel padded out at times in the simulation mode. Due to all the extra things they put in, it feels like you're sitting around doing nothing more often. Especially if you want to level up your allies through the random sieges that happen after you beat ACT 2 in an area.

Edited by Jello

First post that I've made in this part of the forum.

I've been playing a lot of the first Dead Rising. It's surprisingly fun despite aging like piss—in my opinion at least—although, there is the difficulty, which I still have trouble with, even till this day.

Currently fell back into Deep Rock Galactic since season 2's underway. Digging the new weapons. Hating the Nemesis. I've also picked up Rogue Legacy 2, and it's so much more expansive than the original, which I already really liked. This is just too damn good.

I just recently replayed Heretic. Probably going to try getting a good run through Hexen next.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising.

Hundred Heroes is one of the games I am genuinely excited for because Suikoden was awesome, and this game as the first product in what will hopefully be a long running series is quite nice as a simple introduction to the world. And maybe a timely release because right now I seem to have wanted a decent grinder. 

Got sucked into Xuan Yuan Sword 7.  Expected I'd enjoy it, so far absolutely loving it.

Some may be turned off by it due to the speech language only being Mandarin,  but I haven't minded it so far.

It's an action RPG centred around Chinese mythology.  The combat is also very fast-paced and easy to learn.

Subnautica, on the Swatch.

Really enjoying the atmosphere, and slowly getting accustomed to the grind of collect resources, return to base, collect more resources, get killed by something whose hitbox you couldn't see. Not really enjoying the awkward controls on the Switch: will have to bump up turning sensitivity, because trying to grab (nutrient-filled) fishies without a mouse is not fun. And definitely not enjoying the pseudo-roguelike mechanics: if I die, I respawn back in my base but some of my mats are gone and others... aren't? I think? Gonna switch to either hardcore mode or pool floaties mode, I reckon.

Resident Evil 5. It's aged surprisingly well. It's kind of annoying at first since you can't run/strafe/aim/shoot/reload while moving, which seems incredibly limiting. And yet, given the game's slower pace, It's a satisfying and addictive experience. 

Well I finally beat The Witcher 3 and its two DLC's, this has been one of the greatest and most enjoyable games I've ever played in a long while, I'm glad I finally played through it. I could place it in my top 5 games.

Edited by Avoozl

Bioshock, Hitman 2 (nu-trilogy), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water, Immortals Fenyx Rising. 

Currently attempting to go through Pharaoh+Cleopatra. I reached the Archaic Age, but man that game crashes a lot.

I wanted to play a game I hadn't tried before and that could be played only with the mouse and without much twitch action, just to rest my hands a bit. Saw this in my GOG collection and thought, "sure, Sim City in Ancient Egypt, why not". Game is cute and I like the way it's divided into missions which gradually increase the complexity by introducing more and more elements, but man is it unstable.

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Currently attempting to go through Pharaoh+Cleopatra. I reached the Archaic Age, but man that game crashes a lot.

I wanted to play a game I hadn't tried before and that could be played only with the mouse and without much twitch action, just to rest my hands a bit. Saw this in my GOG collection and thought, "sure, Sim City in Ancient Egypt, why not". Game is cute and I like the way it's divided into missions which gradually increase the complexity by introducing more and more elements, but man is it unstable.

Oh man, that is one of my favourite games. The only things I don't like are the military aspect and how later culture requirements get ridiculous. I haven't played it in a very long time though, so havent' had it running on modern computers. I do remember that the music can cause the game to crash. I can't remember the fix exactly I found when I had it running on Windows 7. I just remember a replacing a dll file with one from Zeus(kind of a successor to Pharaoh).

Oh, I found a post that explains things: https://www.gog.com/forum/pharaoh_cleopatra/instafreeze/post15 . Not sure if that is what is causing your crashes. When I had it running on XP, it never crashed on me, so I have a memory of it being a very stable game otherwise.

Well I do have Zeus in library too, so I can try that trick.

Sort of on a free RPG Maker games binge at the moment. Recently started playing one called Willistoria. You can select to play one of 4 characters, and it doesn't have a main set storyline except one important to your character. You can do quests in any order and just explore all of the continents, which is pretty fun. Battles seem fairly balanced but can get difficult. It's done in such a simple way yet with so much to do, I really like this concept for an RM game. Whilst it is certainly not perfect, it's obvious a lot of love and passion went into this RM game and it shows. So whilst it may not be flashy, it's been pretty fun so far. 

I couldn't stand Fallout 4 anymore, so I just reinstalled New Vegas recently, and I've been having a blast. It definitely scratches the 'roleplay' itch that I've had for a week. An itch that 4 failed at scratching.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:30 AM, Crystal-Hawk_D00M said:

I couldn't stand Fallout 4 anymore, so I just reinstalled New Vegas recently, and I've been having a blast. It definitely scratches the 'roleplay' itch that I've had for a week. An itch that 4 failed at scratching.

I tried Fallout 4 twice and didn't make it past the first hour each time. New Vegas was great though. 

One of my guilty pleasures is indie VNs. Currently playing a few from one NoBreadStudios, who is having a massive sale 'cause they're basically going bankrupt. Pretty decent stuff so far. 

Currently in between Ys 9: Monstrum Nox and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.  Really liking the new Lego Star Wars, more than I thought I would.

Ys 9 is good, I really like the new abilities that you gradually pick up, but the best in the series is pretty much a tie between Oath in Felghana (3 remake) and Lacrimosa of Dana (8), both of which are phenominal games.

Put a pin in Metro: Exodus.  Load times are nuts and I just lost a bunch of progress due to the game freezing on me (PS4).  I'll get back to it, it's a really good game.

On 5/26/2022 at 12:59 PM, hybridial said:

I tried Fallout 4 twice and didn't make it past the first hour each time. New Vegas was great though. 

Well, at least I'm not the only one. I put over 300 hours into Fallout 3 and New Vegas each, I loved them. Especially New Vegas, even with a smaller map than Fallout 3, it was so well written that I couldn't stop playing.

According to Steam, I have 11 hours in Fallout 4, and most of them were probably when I originally bought it when it came out, I got about 8 hours into it, and just did not care for it. I've tried replaying it a few times, and that's probably where the extra 3 hours come from. The writing is bad, the pacing is bad, the combat is boring. Within the first hour they have you in power armor fighting a deathclaw. Where do you go from there? Oh... shooting mudcrabs, sorry, mirelurks, with a shitty bolt action rifle. It was a bad game, and they should've given Obsidian their bonus for New Vegas and kept them on to actually make decent Fallout games with interesting character paths. But nope, Bethesda is gonna Bethesda. That's why Fallout 76 has been out for four years, has eaten up huge amounts of money in development, and has dismal ratings across the board. 

Having some fun with the Crystal Caves remaster, specifically the new level editor. A boyhood dream come true.

Have been feeling a bit mentally scattered and unfocused with all the projects I've been working on, so I decided to take a mental break and finally play Huntdown. Played it throughout the day and finished it on normal difficulty. Perfect length for what I was after, and exactly what I needed to reset.

Playing Sniper Elite 5 now that it is available and really liking it so far.   Will start trying out multiplayer once I'm done with the campaign.