Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I tried playing that new Gundam Evolution game (it's basically Overwatch but Gundam themed). It's ok. I'm not really thrilled with it. All of the mobile suits feel super floating and lightweight. None of them have that heavy weight and feel to their movement. The new SD Gundam Battle Alliance game has more sense of weight to the mobile suits' movement than Gundam Evolution. Plus, I didn't hear any of the iconic Gundam sound effects for their weapons or their movement. I'm just going to wait until Gundam: Battle Operation 2 is released on Steam. This game isn't for me...

I've become hopelessly addicted to Beat Aim.

It's basically an amalgamation of an aim trainer, a rhythm game, and an FPS. Let's you play procedural generated levels based on your own music.

Great game; still in early access, I've been annoyingly recommending it to everyone I know, haha.

5 hours ago, The BMFG said:

cod modern warfare and cold war.

Cod? Yummy, I like cod with chips.

Warcraft III: Reforged. Waiting more than 10 minutes for a single 4v4 game...

On 9/27/2022 at 11:13 AM, Arrowhead said:

I've become hopelessly addicted to Beat Aim.

It's basically an amalgamation of an aim trainer, a rhythm game, and an FPS. Let's you play procedural generated levels based on your own music.

Great game; still in early access, I've been annoyingly recommending it to everyone I know, haha.

It's a bit abstract and bare for my liking, but I'm gonna give it a bash because I actually got sold on the idea via Metal: Hellsinger. I initially avoided that because its release amounted to, "check out all the (metal) celebs we got for this!". But sitting down with the demo, it seems like a really sincere concept that does what it does real well, framed expertly with the hellbent (pun totally intended) gunslinger and good ol' boy narrator. Combat was a wee bit janky at first as I accustomed to the environment and the pressure that sticking to the beat puts on you, but when you hit that groove, it does feel grand.

Resident Evil 2 (2019) on Xbox Series S, about two and a half or so hours in, never played the original although I'm familiar with things about it, very good impressions so far.

Been playing Hidden Deep a bunch recently, it tickles the hard sci fi/cassette futurism aesthetic that Alien(s) did.

That and a canon aircraft playthrough of Ace Combat Zero.

Been playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Genesis on original hardware. This title is notoriously difficult, as there aren't many full playthroughs on YouTube and forum posts suggest few have actually beaten it. The other day I got to the very last level and, while I ultimately failed, there was a feeling of having treaded where few have gone. 

Heavy Rain. I know Quantic Dream gets a lot of (sometimes even justified) hate for their games, but I really like playing Heavy Rain and taking my time before moving forward the story and just enjoy the immersive sim aspect of it.

3 hours ago, Koko Ricky said:

Been playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the Genesis on original hardware. This title is notoriously difficult, as there aren't many full playthroughs on YouTube and forum posts suggest few have actually beaten it. The other day I got to the very last level and, while I ultimately failed, there was a feeling of having treaded where few have gone. 

I have it for the Genesis as well, and yeah it's very difficult. When I was growing up in the 90s, I would usually get to map 20 before getting a game over. I don't think I ever made it to the end without using save states on an emulator. I just got the Limited Run collector's edition of the Switch port a month ago and have been meaning to replay it. Still one of my all time favs.

Grand Theft Auto IV. Just got the Full Exploration (Unlock all the islands) achievement.

My auntie gave me her old tablet as a belated birthday gift, so been installing a lot of game apps lol. It's Android 6 and the specs are a little low, but it's been really fun to use. Found an action RPG called Epic Conquest which has been fun so far, I wasn't sure how I would adjust to using a touch screen but the controls were pretty good. Also put Streets of Rage and Golden Axe there 'cause I could haha, but the controls feel a bit wonky on the tablet. And I have always wanted to play anime rhythm games, so my friend recommended me Ensemble Stars which I've enjoyed. I also been playing Love Live! School Idol Festival. Both are very fun, have nice artwork, and good music to tap to.

Outside of tablet gaming.... I haven't installed them yet, but not long ago GOG had a sale, and all 3 Thief games were on sale for $2.92... not each, BUNDLED. So I quickly bought that because that is a STEAL! I've always wanted to play those, so, that's the next thing I'll be playing when I have the time! 

Been putting off continuing Fallout 3 for the longest time, really just doesn't hold a candle to NV.
Good game still, but when you compare it to its younger brother, yeah.

Aliens vs. Predator (2010). Really enjoying it, already completed the Alien campaign and I'm almost finishing the Marine one.

1 hour ago, MrFroz said:

Aliens vs. Predator (2010). Really enjoying it, already completed the Alien campaign and I'm almost finishing the Marine one.

The Predator one's the best but unfortunately takes maybe an 1hr and a half. Classic AVP holds up pretty well too, it's a pity there's no way to buy AVP 2 these days.

8 hours ago, Wyrmwood said:

The Predator one's the best but unfortunately takes maybe an 1hr and a half. Classic AVP holds up pretty well too, it's a pity there's no way to buy AVP 2 these days.

I am playing through it and I agree, and it's a shame because they implemented some really interesting gameplay mechanics for the character only to not realize their full potential due to the campaign being so short. I have Classic AVP but haven't really made it far...and I do remember playing AVP 2 many moons ago and I loved the Alien campaign about being a Xenomorph that just burst out of a human's chest and playing through the missions while evolving from that early stage was cool. One thing I did notice about it is that it was kind of buggy. A Steam/GOG re-release with the major bugs ironed out would be nice, but I suppose we'll see that happen at the same time No One Lives Forever comes on digital stores.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:55 PM, MarsHappyNation said:

I live under a rock (quite possibly the largest of all rocks)

Hey same here except my rock is on top of a mountain that is on top of an even bigger rock.

44 minutes ago, Zero Master's Clone said:

Hey same here except my rock is on top of a mountain that is on top of an even bigger rock.

I live in a rock that's underwater.

th-586375098.jpg.e8f695cd3b598014425eeb6cdb14ffc5.jpg

now that my system doesn't shut off anytime more than 50% of the gpu is being used, i'm back to the best simulation of vehicles as a whole, and not just a simulation of operating them, beamng.drive. after 6 years i can tell you that it is the only perma-early access game that can be trusted (by me at least). it might enter beta around 2030, who knows?

none of the included cars are real, but they're definitely "real enough". if you have some knowledge of those deadly metal machines you can probably tell what was influenced by what. it's one of the few driving games where "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" actually applies. (but you can also drive fast cars fast, and subsequently wrap them around trees and telephone poles)

it's the ultimate "just going for a drive to clear my mind" software, second to the scs software euro/american truck simulators.

The new Chilla's Art, The Bathhouse. Lots of hype but, for now, I'm finding it a step below their previous games. Feels very... unpolished, especially compared to Night Shift or The Caregiver. Still, it reminds me of my time in Japan, and feeds that crave for Ringu style horror that I seldom get to satisfy. 

Also loving how, thanks to buggy Unity stuff, the random Japanese rural town has EVA-sized poles: 

image.png

I begun to play the powerslave exhumed remaster from nightdive. kinda sad to see that this merge of fos and metroidvania didn't catch on beyond Metroid Prime and vormitorium.

Playing Mortal Kombat X. Just got the achievement for performing 100 fatalities, it was a bloody pleasure.

I have finally leveled all the four different characters to Level 72 in Borderlands 3 and I have completed almost every non-DLC quest in each playthrough - which is a first in a Borderlands game for me! Now, I find myself wondering if I should keep playing. The DLCs are not bad (I went through them once already with Moze), but my characters have become so powerful now, there is little challenge left. Mayhem Mode is enjoyable to an extent (especially the "Galaxy Brain" modifier when playing Fl4k), but it feels more like a gimmick that does not add much to the overall experience.

On 10/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Thelokk said:

... unpolished, especially compared to Night Shift or The Caregiver.

@Thelokk

I gotta say, I didn't really enjoy Night Shift. I've only played Night Shift and The Convenience Store of Chilla's, but have bought all the other games. I found that NS lacked the 'world building' of TCS. TCS was able to startle / scare me even in brightly lit areas - NS didn't bother me. Sure it was creepy, and the NPCs are freaky, it just didn't stick w/ me as much as TCS did - I really disliked the final 'puzzle' of NS, too.

I've wanted to play Closing Shift too, but maybe I'll try The Bathhouse first!

Currently playing through Severed Steel and Superliminal - great games so far.  :)

After going through all the Borderlands 3 DLCs, I must say, The Fantastic Fustercluck is definitely not the worst of the bunch after all. Sure, it feels like corners had to be cut due to the pandemic, going as far to reuse existing assets from previous DLCs and even Borderlands 2, and I reckon it is unacceptable of Gearbox to charge full price for it, but at the same time, I still like it, as Krieg remains my favorite character from Borderlands 2 and the DLC does a good job fleshing out his character and offering a surprisingly empathetic insight into his broken psyche.

The worst DLC to me has to be Bounty of Blood, not because it is bad, but because it is so... boring: the setting feels weirdly bleak and depressing compared to the other DLCs and the main game, the plot is disappointingly straightforward and the (entirely original) cast is utterly forgettable - with the exception of Butcher Rose, whom I hope they bring her back as a playable Vault Hunter in Borderlands 4, but unfortunately, she is not given much to do beyond taunting the player from afar. Honestly, I would have rather preferred the third DLC to send us back to Elpis and reintroduce The Pre-Sequel's Oz Kit mechanic as well as some of its characters, like Davis Pickle and Nurse Nina. Heck, maybe the premise could have expanded upon the Arms Race mode and have Axton and Salvador try to host an event on Elpis, only to run into trouble with the local Scav clans.

Oh, well. Now that I am done with Borderlands 3, I do not think I can ever go back to the previous games. I am still on the fence about Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, so I will probably wait for it to be given away and if I like it, I will buy the DLCs, like I did with Borderlands 2, The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 3. While I have played the shit out of those games, I guess I just do not love Borderlands or trust Gearbox enough...

Anyway, to fill the gap left by Borderlands 3, I have now moved on to another game in my Epic Game Store backlog:

It takes time to get into, as the game is unapologetically retro despite its gorgeous facelift and quality-of-life upgrades, but it is alright.

I admit, it has been a while since I have played a platformer too, as I do not believe I have the patience for them anymore.

Edited by Rudolph

I just beat Injustice: Gods Among Us. I haven't had this much fun playing a 3D superhero vs. villains fighting game since X-Men: Mutant Academy 2.