Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

7 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

@Jello The early (first three or four) maps in FO are actually by far the weakest. The second map, a train station, is probably the worst, but it's still fun. The later levels (giant mushroom forest, flying citadel-thing, Silent Hill style town) are awesome though. They're all long, big levels, but I didn't get lost once. Most of the maps aren't much more difficult than the original game, but the first map is kind of irritating mainly because of enemies attacking you from underwater. The mushroom forest is probably the best map I've seen in Blood. I also played French Meat 1, which was pretty decent, but the first half is better than the second one. I never played French Meat 2 because the tropical island theme, while fun, just isn't what I'm looking for when I'm In The Mood for Blood.

Well, I enjoyed the first level, so it's nice to know that it generally gets even better. I'm just happy to have some more decent Blood content to play, and it gives me something to look forward to after I finish Ira. So thanks a bunch for the recommendation, I appreciate it.

Playing through Life is Strange 2. I think its much, much better than the first one. 

Ground Zero for Quake II, haven't played it since GOG got Q2, it's not nearly as "bad" as I remember it being, even on Hard+, it's nice to see Q2 actually challenge the player, The Reckoning was decent at this but still a little too easy. I have to actively avoid quad damage, invulnerability and power armor in the base game and still don't find it even remotely tough, just tricky at times depending on the placement of Gunners.

Wario Land 4.  I used to love the third one as a child, when the 4th came out I did not like it as much as it did not felt as polished.

A friend of mine is playing through it and that motivated me to give it a second chance. It is still not as good as the third one, but it is better than I remembered.

Metroid Prime Remastered. Got it for my birthday today and it's super solid, and looks great for a Switch title.

15 hours ago, Garlichead said:

Wario Land 4.  I used to love the third one as a child, when the 4th came out I did not like it as much as it did not felt as polished.

A friend of mine is playing through it and that motivated me to give it a second chance. It is still not as good as the third one, but it is better than I remembered.

I remember playing the very first Wario Land and liking it well enough, but as someone who grew up with Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, I will never forgive Nintendo for making the former be "Super Mario Land 3". Such a cruel troll...

I did play Wario Land 4 a bit, but not Wario Land 3. Why do you think the latter is better?

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I remember playing the very first Wario Land and liking it well enough, but as someone who grew up with Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, I will never forgive Nintendo for making the former be "Super Mario Land 3". Such a cruel troll...

I did play Wario Land 4 a bit, but not Wario Land 3. Why do you think the latter is better?

Wario land 4 is missing some features from three. On WL3, there is a night day cycle which affect small things on the levels such as the enemies being sleep or some puzzle elements. Additionally, WL3 has some light metroidvania elements as in new skills which lets you explore some of the early stages to find additional chests. I also felt it was a longer game. 

One thing that WL4 does better is the bosses. On the third game you cannot die, so being hit by a boss normally means being pushed out of the stage which can get frustrating, while the fourth game is more lenient with the challenge being the time limits and figuring out how to hurt them.

Replaying Sekiro on PC as I've pretty much left my PS4 behind. Getting all achievements but there's a bug where some just don't unlock after you complete the objective and its driving me nuts.

Best combat in any game I've ever played though. 

Decided I'm in the mood to go back to the Thief games. And I'm running through Anomaly Report again which is definitely up there for pwads for me. 

Playing Silent Hill: Homecoming right now, the PC Port is pretty bad (it crashes when doing ALT + TAB), but luckily I found a fix to make that less frequent. Other than that, I'm really liking the game.

Finished Remnant: From The Ashes just a few days ago in co-op with my husband. That was an amazing game. Maybe not going to be one of the best games we've ever played, but it's definitely remarkable. It was surprisingly good, with variety of interesting colours and designs (places, landscapes, and enemies - even better than Code Vein, in my opinion), and a good pace to it. Not many amazing weapons to my taste though (just an opinion), and some levels were a little bit too - speaking Doom language - "slaughtermappy" to my taste, a bit too intense (and we played on 'Normal'... Tried 'Hard' once - gave up right away:)). But overall - it was a very good, solid game totally worth playing. Fluidity of combat and switching between melee weapons and guns was executed very well.

Now we're definitely waiting for Remnant 2 that's been announced last year.

Immediately after finishing Remnant, we decided to start playing Hellpoint, also co-op. What can I say so far, from the experience of one evening?.. This game's glitchy for sure (LOL)! Also has interesting to explore sci-fi art designs in it, it's definitely much more "soul-like" comparing to Remnant, so it's a bit more challenging in one-on-one combat. But I still sure want to return to it, so this is a good sign. I'm looking forward to see more artistic ideas in this game, hope it won't disappoint me in this respect.

Also for a small note: happy that both these games have co-op that is very easy to start. No need for any ridiculous soapstones or rings with matching symbols, "finish 3/4 of the game before co-op unlocks" silliness, or dancing around totem poles on hot charcoal together with drunk elves, or anything like that that prevents you from enjoying the co-op experience. We appreciated it.

Diablo 1 on my Smartphone via DevilutionX and with a Controller (can't play anything with Touch Controls).

Halfway through Dusk and enjoying it. I'm not a fan of the 3D and much prefer sprites/Build engine but it's still fun. I'm not sure if I'd play it again though since I already have Blood.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:47 AM, MrFroz said:

PCSX2. 

How well does that work? I've always had poor luck with emulating anything aside from SNES/Genesis. Completely gave up on a properly working N64 emulator a long time ago.

Duskers, since it is currently being given away by Epic Games Store. I was not sure what to think of it as first, but it is honestly a really good survival horror game.

Finally completed Memento Mori 2 (and also Hell Revealed just before starting MM2). I will say this that while MM2 is definitely very very much a 90's wad, it is definitely more polished than most of its contemporaries such as TNT, Icarus, Hell 2 Pay, Perdition's Gate and MM1. Definitely quite a step up in quality and polish than MM1. That isn't to say it doesn't have its boring and meh moments but overall I am glad I played through it. I am thinking whether or not I should play Requiem next.

On the other hand, Hell Revealed has definitely aged like milk for most part (sorry HR fans). I think I really only enjoyed only 4 or 5 maps in the wad. Others where either too irritating, too slog-ish or just meh amateur 90's wad stuff.

11 hours ago, RandoBust said:

How well does that work? I've always had poor luck with emulating anything aside from SNES/Genesis. Completely gave up on a properly working N64 emulator a long time ago.

PCSX2 works quite well, though there are still a few games that didn't emulate over well.

Other than that, as long as you're not trying to use Mixjoy with one of Koei's Warriors titles (at least using the ROMs, I didn't try it with my discs), it's great.

I'm currently between games.  Just started the War for Wakanda campaign in Marvel's Avengers, dabbled a little bit more in Cyberpunk 2077 (just found out that the Grod sniper rifle can shoot through a lot of things), and flitting in between Doom running Doom RPG + RLA and Project Brutality 3.0.

18 hours ago, RandoBust said:

How well does that work? I've always had poor luck with emulating anything aside from SNES/Genesis. Completely gave up on a properly working N64 emulator a long time ago

It works well but as @pilottobombadier said there are a few titles it simply won't have, DMC3 and Mafia spring to mind as ones I couldn't get running properly but as you can play them on PC its not that big a deal. Other games you can essentially "remaster" yourself but you will spend some time tweaking settings every game and unless its been added recently there's no way to save your settings per game, so might be best to play one game to completion then start another.

You also need a more powerful computer than you may expect, think the rule of thumb is have a machine at least 6 times more powerful than one your trying to emulate. I remember being upset years ago that my computer could run Skyrim maxed out smoothly but not a Gamecube emulator, thought I was doing something wrong but my PC was simply not powerful enough. Talking of which project Dolphin (Gamecube/Wii) emulator also works great and is easier to use than PCSX2. N64 emulation is fiddly though I agree, ending up just buying Nintendo's online pass.

In regards to what I'm playing now, just finished Heretic and Castlevania Circle of the Moon and am currently playing Midnight Suns after getting hooked on Steams free weekend.

Finished Hellpoint in co-op not long ago.

Yup... Just as I was afraid of... that game is truly a gem, but it's ferociously bug-ridden. That makes it even weirder to me, because normally we would've stopped playing a game that, say, just kills you once you try to do a jump attack (happened once to me), or has enormous number of T-pose enemies after death, or when most keyboard controls just refuse to work after you touch another player's message, therefore making the game unplayable until Alt+F4 and restarted... All of that, and numerous other bugs (nothing game-breaking though) - but we still enjoyed the game very, very much, and it's hard for me to imagine how awesome this game would've been without all these bugs! This is incredible.

The architecture and environment designs are stunning, although there's slightly less variety in them that I prefer. There's enough weapon variety, although there was no particular weapon I would love to obtain, nothing to call my very own. It was not very clear to me what stats to level up once I hit certain point, so I just invested a lot into Load stat in the end so that I could wear super heavy armour and potentially use a giant heavy shield that provides complete immunity to 2 damage types... although in the end it didn't happen.

Even considering all those little things that didn't really match our personal preferences... It was a unique experience, a very solid (yet buggy) game. I cannot tell you why exactly, because I am still not sure myself...

And after that we decided to embark on Nioh 1 again... The game we sucked at so badly a few years back, even considering we had about 500 hours total of all Dark Souls games as an asset and completed Bloodborne, too.

Returning back to Nioh is... not as scary, actually. In the latest update the rules of co-op play have been changed; you no longer have to complete a mission in single player to unlock it for co-op play, which is nice. So we're really enjoying it right now. This is a very good game, although some might find it quite challenging.

I’ve been playing Hitman WoA nonstop since it was updated as 1 game (H1, H2, and H3 have merged together). It is a lot of fun. 

CA6ndClWsAA6vLT.jpg
Replaying Hotline Miami 2, getting all A+ ranks. Shout out to my man Tony, cuz weapons are for wusses. 

An extremely overdue completion of Diablo II LoD (started with a Barbarian in 2011 and stopped before Diablo and just recently beat it with an Amazon) and now going through it again on Nightmare. I've died like 20 times. Glad your corpse is teleported back to town when you exit and reenter because sometimes you just run right into an elite mob the moment you enter indoors and have no time to react. That said I'm having a total blast and almost cleared Act 1 in a couple days, just imbued a superior ceremonial javelin with the malus and rolling along pretty well at level 45.

Still in a Warhammer phase.
I saw that Blood Bowl 2 and its DLC were dirt cheap so I picked it up.

I’m playing rainbow six 3 right now 

and socom navy’s seals 

and ghost recon 

Edited by Jimmy 34

Started playing the first Golden Sun this monday. I just beat the Desert Boss and i am back at the world map.

I played it when it came out, but did not finish it as i lost interest on the fighting system. Playing it 20 years later i still think the fighting system is a little basic and the game itself may be a little easy but it still quite fun.

Just started acquiring the 4th djin of each element, so i have not played around with the classes very much.

I picked up Ion Maiden, got up to MAP03, and for some reason the game goes for this quasi Half-Life continuity between stages rather than just ending them with a switch like in Duke Nukem/Doom, and I managed to get myself lost enough that I backtracked to the very start of MAP01, so I don't think I'll be playing the game again.

I'm playing FIFA 20 Manager Career Mode at the moment. I know that every FIFA game is basically a way for EA to exploit people through Ultimate Team, but building up a really good team in Career Mode is extremely satisfying, even more so than spending money on a stupid card in Ultimate Team. I'll probably buy a version of Football Manager at some point, as the manager simulation is way more realistic, but for now Manager Career Mode is pretty good.

I finished Dragon Quest V not too long ago, and learned an interesting phenomenon; once you get your Gigantes to Level 7 (the highest it can go), you never want to do that again. It took me most of the day fighting King Metal Slimes at Mt. Zugzwang (in this case, however, it's known as Evil Mountain), but it was well worth it... most of my team had been leveled up to Level 75+, good enough to slay Nimzo dead without any issues.