Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Posted (edited)

Got my Razer Panthera EVO in the mail yesterday. Stayed up until 4 in the morning playing Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition on Fightcade. I'm pretty good for someone that isn't from South America. Most of the Brazillian players will just wreck my shit. Bison's highly overpowered in this iteration, and he shows up constantly. Massive chip damage on the Psycho Crusher, infinite combo potential, and the Scissors Kick has lightning-fast recovery. 

Edited by Ajora

Posted (edited)

Carmageddon on android does wonders when you're waiting out in public. Am pretty new to this version still, which isn't really a port so much as a recreation. Doing it on hard and, despite buffed opponent damage output I'm finding it pretty easy with the credits. Otherwise obsessed with Diablo, playing Hellfire with my warrior, rogue and sorcerer transferred from the original game.

Played some Doom64 today. Hadn't played it for 2 years. Felt kinda fresh, but still remembered where everything is. Though kinda forgot about the level Alpha Quadrant existing, yet it is one of my favourites in the tech base episode. Going to be playing couple levels every day probably.

Decided to update on what I've been playing lately of a rather cool PS2 game that got ported to steam called "Ty The Tasmanian Tiger". Basically you go around collecting itesm like thunder eggs, golden cogs and opals (which is like the coins in mario games, rings in sonic or pons in A Hat In Time). The cool thing is, it's surprisingly well done, albeit Ty is quite slippery. I recommend it if you like 3D platformers with worlds that you can explore around!

Giving another go with urban planning in Cities Skylines and so far I've hit 20k population and no major sickness has erupted from my landfills and industrial areas to kill them all.
Mostly Halo MCC for Halo 2 classic multiplayer, and I'm trash, but it's fun anyways and good to be playing that again and good to see it thriving.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Decided to update on what I've been playing lately of a rather cool PS2 game that got ported to steam

It was actually a multi-console game. ;)

I just finished playing Road Rash 64 via Project64 (badass game btw). Currently i'm also still playing Doom 2016 and i'm almost done with Postal 2 (Monday-Friday portion).

I also started playing Pokemon for the first time in over a decade. I started playing a Pokemon Green version hack. Technically it's Pokemon Blue version with a patch to make it into Pokemon Green as the very old Pokemon Green english translation is really outdated and poorly done.

I'm playing it via an emulator (BGB) as that's the only way to play it (to my knowledge). I originally started playing Pokemon Red version but i accidently saved over my save state while loading up the game (so at the main menu i accidently saved it). Luckily i wasn't too far into the game. Now i make sure that i make multiple save states.

Still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, I like it so far, just wish it had fast travel option, so much going back and forth and revisiting areas.

Posted (edited)

Considering how short that game was I don't think it needed a fast travel option. Despite my first impression of that game 4 years ago where I didn't like how short it was I still fell in love with it after my first playthrough, I played it multiple times in a row non-stop, I also like the gold filter of the original version as it adds a unique style to the game.

Posted (edited)

It feels like it drags on for too long because of the Backtracking, also having started a second play through I have better understanding on how the game actually works, I went with stealthy approach first time thinking I'd be punished severely if I didn't. It feels much better to play without having to hide all the time.

I've finally begun playing modded Minecraft again. (I can't play vanilla Minecraft. It's too easy and peaceful.) I thought I couldn't run mod(pack)s because everything was running at 10fps and worldgen took ages, so I just never played the game for years.

Turns out I forgot to increase the RAM usage in the options of the launcher. I feel so fucking dumb. Even when lots of chunks are loading in, I get decent fps.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, seed said:

Let me guess, stuck on On A Rail?

Nah XD it was after

Spoiler

The soldiers jump you and throw you in the trash compactor. I got out but couldn't figure out where to go when I got to all the conveyor belt things.

I have a two PCs: new and old. In first PC I play:

1) Undertale 
2) Stardew Valley 
3) Terraria 
4) Dust: An Elysian Tail 
5) Shadowrun: Dragonfall 

In old PC I play
1) Дальнобойщики-2 (King of the Road)
2) Fallout 
3) Diablo:Hellfire 
4) Hotel Giant 
5) Age Of Empires II: The Conquerors

Started playing Bloodstained, ritual of the night and it's amazing. Pretty much the Castlevania game everyone's wanted for years.

Black Mesa, one of the few remasters I feel is worth the money, the Xen preview is amazing.
I think it's a good evolution, I know some may be against such an extreme change, but even on my first playthrough of Half-Life, I thought Xen was tedious, a far cry from the rest of the game.
I'm glad the BMRF sections are more or less the same, but I'm grateful for the revamped Xen, now if CC would just release the rest of it.

Posted (edited)

I'm UV-maxing TNT: Evilution when I'm alone, and playing Kirby's Dream Course for SNES when I'm with my girlfriend.

I've started playing NFS Most Wanted 2005 again and it makes me sad. Remember when EA made games? I'm having so much fun souping up my smick turbo-nutter-spec Golf GTi and smoking the cops with it that it just makes me lament the most recent entries even more.

Also recently picked up the original SiN on GOG. Actually hadn't played it before and, my word, is it a bitch to get running on modern hardware. Having a blast with it all the same.

1 hour ago, scalliano said:

Remember when EA made games?

A time when hearing "EA games" blast through the speakers meant you were going to play something good, NFS was the best, loved Hot Pursuit 2.

Posted (edited)

Playing Hexen: Beyond Heretic for the first time in ages, I am actually really enjoying this game again surprisingly.

Edited by Avoozl

I'm wiping the floor with about 90% of the people playing Samurai Shodown 5 Special right now. I need better challengers. 

Apologies for the braggadocio. 

Posted (edited)

Started playing Rage 2. I never played the first. The gunplay is great fun, the ocd looting mechanics are exhausting, the driving is boring, the characters and dialogue are the first I ever skipped in a game, ever! They are so dry and boring. I literally have no care for the story whatsoever.

There are plenty of upgrade options but a bit confusing to learn at first (ui). I'm eager to learn new abilities and don't mind some grinding if I'm aptly rewarded. I do quite enjoy the combat.

Edited by Chezza

I'm playing a quite obscure Resident Evil game : "Resident Evil : Gaiden" on gameboy color. For some reasons , I find this version creepier than most RE games released on games. The soundtrack sound weird but I like it.

Training for the big Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition tournament happening on Fightcade. PM me in case you're interested.

hnYS0S.gif

On 7/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, V0idH0und said:

Hide contents

The soldiers jump you and throw you in the trash compactor. I got out but couldn't figure out where to go when I got to all the conveyor belt things.

Spoiler

(If you haven't yet given up on the game) Go in the opposite direction of the conveyor belt after the crushers section, it will lead you to another conveyor belt that's facing a trip mine, save there and shoot the first mine or jump above them and keep following the conveyor belts from there on, they'll lead you to the next chapter.

• Replaying Prey (2017)
  • Playing some hl vault and comp maps
  • Gmod TTT

Posted (edited)

Vermintide 2, I really hate how little content these newer game provide with very few maps but in this case there's a replay value since it's a online coop game and because of the different items and weapons. It's a power fatasy, much like doom but with better gore than the 2016 game and HORDES of enemies, set in a the warhammer universe before the endtime or something (I don't know anything about the warhammer universe).

Edited by ([zen3001])

So I recently went "fuck it" and fired up my 360 again. As a result I'm currently playing through NFS Most Wanted (the original) for the first time since I originally played it on my old Radeon X600 at release. I hate to say it, but that game is still awesome. The cop chases are as tense as they were back in the day and the cheesy acting has only got more endearing with age. I look at this and then look at Payback and I'm like, damn, EA used to be CLASS.

I'm just about to start #2 on the Blacklist and I'm looking forward to firing up the mission pack Carbon.

Posted (edited)

I'm playing the Sega arcade classic I'm Sorry, which is about Japan's corrupt Prime Minister, Kakuei Tanaka avoiding various celebrities in mazes while collecting bars of gold. It's funny, and very well designed. All fans of Pacman should seek it out.

Been playing a lot of Blood and user made mods lately. Really wish there were some better mapping tools out there, it seems like mapedit is the only option and that's the same dos program the developers built the game with back in 96. Gave it a try some time ago and it seemed awfully archaic.