Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just finished a playthrough of Resident Evil 4 again, but for the first time on PC. Playing it again, it's truly staggering how much stuff there is in the game, and all of it works well together. I think I can confidently say this is the most polished game I've ever played, and is one of the few games I think doesn't just deserve classic status, it deserves masterpiece status. Everyone who considers themselves a gamer should be required to play this game at some point.

Posted (edited)

AHHHHHHHHHHH, I finally completed Cave Story. The final area was a bitch to get through, but man, what a great game. 

Edited by Ajora

Shenmue via the re-release on Steam. Also messing with The Sims 4 via Origin. Just the base game as it was free some months ago. Shenmue is pretty fun imo although the controls are still iffy imo, and i am using an XB1 controller. I remember trying it briefly on the Dreamcast some years ago and i couldn't comprehend the controls so i said "fuck it" and just quit haha!

The Sims 4 is "alright". I've never played The Sims 3 on PC, only on X360 and not very much. I grew up playing the original Sims on PC though and then the console games there after (Sims Bustin' Out, Sims 2 on Xbox, some on GameBoy Advance). I started playing The Sims 2 in 2015 when it was free on Origin. Then i stopped for a few years when my account was hacked. I Got my account back last year and started playing again.

So i really like The Sims 1 and 2 but 4 is just kinda "meh". To many clothing styles that i just don't like and the overall art-style is just weird. I don't mind the loading screens tbh as i'm used to 'em since i don't have an SSD. Maybe with more expansion packs it would be more fun but i'm not going to pay for all of that shit just to have a little bit more fun. I will say that the build mode is pretty neat though. Easier to use then in 1/2.

On 8/16/2019 at 1:20 AM, 3saster said:

Just finished a playthrough of Resident Evil 4 again, but for the first time on PC. Playing it again, it's truly staggering how much stuff there is in the game, and all of it works well together. I think I can confidently say this is the most polished game I've ever played, and is one of the few games I think doesn't just deserve classic status, it deserves masterpiece status. Everyone who considers themselves a gamer should be required to play this game at some point.

The only bad thing about RE4 is the QTEs, other than that yes I agree it's a masterpiece.

Playing Devil May Cry 1 on Switch, it's been years and years but it's all coming back. Such a beautiful and awesome start to the series!

Posted (edited)

I've been playing Hexen II: Portals of Praevus after I finally managed to find the CD music for the expansion which originally seemed unobtainable.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

The only bad thing about RE4 is the QTEs, other than that yes I agree it's a masterpiece.

Playing Devil May Cry 1 on Switch, it's been years and years but it's all coming back. Such a beautiful and awesome start to the series!

I dont actually mind the QTEs in RE4 that much, they are much less obnoxious than later games (looking at you Bayonetta), but it was the one that started that trend of putting QTEs into games. Blame God of War for starting the trend of sticking it into everything possible :P

Devil May Cry 1 is excellent, and it has aged extremely well considering it's basically the very first game of its kind. Funny that you mention that game, since it was actually RE4 at one point...

Posted (edited)

Ion Fury and it's great. I am over half of it, the level design is like classic duke, interconnected places, breaking walls and airducts to go through places, multiple of secrets, east eggs. And the gameplay, movement, shooting plus the amazing artwork and demoscene music, it's really good. And it's a shame the whole controversy started as it was released, it's a really good game and doesn't deserve the negativity and review bombing (regardless with which side anyone stands on the issue). We are living in a proper retro revival of indie FPS like they used to be (I played Dusk, will play Amid Evil and wait for Wrath too) where there is focus, besides what everybody remembers (violence and rip and tear, really?) to the level design and game feeling modern FPS forget.

Posted (edited)

I finally finished Hexen 2 for the first time and as the necromancer class, it took me years to bother to do this since I lost interest in the game during the Roman chapter years ago. I am glad to say that I have now finished the whole Hexen/Heretic series minus the two bonus episodes of Heretic.

Just started Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It is excellent so far!

Been playing so much Warframe lately, it's very good it ruined other games for me. everything about it from movement to shooting is just satisfying, and there's always stuff to do in the navigation panel and a ton of variety. also has some RPG elements to it which is nice.

It's not really an issue for me, As long as I don't force myself to try to finish all main quests as quick as possible, taking breaks from it every now and then also helps a bit to avoid getting burned out.

I started to play 007 Everything or Nothing for the first time in ages and I am really enjoying it again. It still remains my favorite Bond game to this day, I just wish it had a PC port. I still have skill with this game surprisingly.

Just officially UV-maxed Final Doom: TNT Evilution about 10 minutes ago. Only saved in between levels. Had to celebrate with a couple shots of Sobieski. This is the first megaWAD I've actually done that with. What can I say? I'm a simple man.

Edited by NerdyButLazy

6yut0mF.png

I think I'm close to beating the cute but sometimes p challenging Wuppo. I also loaded up Blasphemous to see if it runs well on my laptop (it does). This game is absolutely gorgeous I only hope it doesn't become insanely difficult and that is has a liberal save system.

Also playing Cannonball's Demonic Deviation which is awesome.

As of today, I'm no longer part of the 'Haven't Played Deus Ex Club'. 

I just installed Pillars of Eternity 2 and am wondering why the hell is this thing 45Gb?  I haven't started it yet, though ... honestly I'm a bit worried about how much time it might suck up once I do!

Super Mario Maker 2. I'll admit that's the main reason I haven't touch my Doom map for such a long time. I've always wanted to play Mario Maker, but couldn't due to not owning a Wii U.

Since the release of MM2, I've invested so much time into it. My profile claims that I put 255 or more hours into it! I've played so many levels and even started making my own levels from it. I have made 8 levels and I'm still working on adding more levels to my profile.

I've also played classic WoW every now and then since its release.

Playing Ion Fury. I am in 6th zone right now (there are 7 zones in IF). The game is fantastic. The level design is out of this world and the combat/gunplay is also rock solid. Infact I would go as far as to say that it is the best Build engine game (sorry Duke, but u just got dethroned).