Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

It's not really an issue for me, As long as I don't force myself to try to finish all main quests as quick as possible, taking breaks from it every now and then also helps a bit to avoid getting burned out.

I started to play 007 Everything or Nothing for the first time in ages and I am really enjoying it again. It still remains my favorite Bond game to this day, I just wish it had a PC port. I still have skill with this game surprisingly.

Just officially UV-maxed Final Doom: TNT Evilution about 10 minutes ago. Only saved in between levels. Had to celebrate with a couple shots of Sobieski. This is the first megaWAD I've actually done that with. What can I say? I'm a simple man.

Edited by NerdyButLazy

6yut0mF.png

I think I'm close to beating the cute but sometimes p challenging Wuppo. I also loaded up Blasphemous to see if it runs well on my laptop (it does). This game is absolutely gorgeous I only hope it doesn't become insanely difficult and that is has a liberal save system.

Also playing Cannonball's Demonic Deviation which is awesome.

I just installed Pillars of Eternity 2 and am wondering why the hell is this thing 45Gb?  I haven't started it yet, though ... honestly I'm a bit worried about how much time it might suck up once I do!

Super Mario Maker 2. I'll admit that's the main reason I haven't touch my Doom map for such a long time. I've always wanted to play Mario Maker, but couldn't due to not owning a Wii U.

Since the release of MM2, I've invested so much time into it. My profile claims that I put 255 or more hours into it! I've played so many levels and even started making my own levels from it. I have made 8 levels and I'm still working on adding more levels to my profile.

I've also played classic WoW every now and then since its release.

Playing Ion Fury. I am in 6th zone right now (there are 7 zones in IF). The game is fantastic. The level design is out of this world and the combat/gunplay is also rock solid. Infact I would go as far as to say that it is the best Build engine game (sorry Duke, but u just got dethroned).

1 hour ago, Avoozl said:

To me DN3D was already dethroned by Blood.

Agreed, gameplay wise Blood is a vastly superior game to Duke. Levels and atmosphere depends on each one's preferences.

Personally I don't consider blood to be a better game than duke3d. Blood has better combat and weapons than Duke but it's level design is not as good. It's too claustrophobic for my tastes and it lacks Duke's progression. In Duke, all 4 episodes have unique visual and game play style whereas in blood, episodes 2 to 4 felt too same for me

playing with Slay the Spire's new beta character, just beat the game on basic difficulty with her...

definitely the toughest character to play so far - so much ebb & flow between turns
getting Alpha, Beta & Omega to go off seems so unlikely, a way harder character to play passively than the Silent or Defects

my win came from a pair of Sands of Time and one each of Devotion and Master Reality, plus cards that could find them faster (Omniscience especially)
only won because the boss was Deca and Donu, not confident that i could've survived the other two at all

the new cards have such a steep learning curve! learning how and when to play the stance switching cards makes you appreciate the simplicity of the Ironclad

she might turn out to be my favourite character cos of the feeling of always *almost* being competitive
with the first three characters you swiftly end up in a "i have won" or "i am about to game over" mood but the watcher keeps you guessing!

Some thoughts on Deus Ex; I like the fact that this game was designed as an RPG first and a first-person shooter second. The RPG mechanics are a big component of the game and they never feel tacked on, which is a problem I find a lot of modern triple-a action games have. The level design is very balanced and allows for a wide range of ways to approach situations. Stealth is implemented very well. Worldbuilding is very consistent and focused. An amazing RPG so far. I strongly disagree with all of the many 0/10 reviews I've read for the game. 

Edited by Ajora

Sounds like you'll like the new Prey, it draws heavily from Deus Ex and System Shock in that it gives you large interconnected levels and plenty of routes and options to go through them, utilizing hacking and other newly earned skills to unlock new options. some people jokingly call it NeuroShock (well... some of them)

Me, an intellectual: playing Underdone RPG.

Strangely enough my focus is around five(!) games right now, normally I wouldn't dedicate much time or motivation for gaming, I would play one old familiar game or a new and then dedicate the rest of the time for coding projects or doing things on the internet.

A little bit in the past I start Control. I like Remedy games, though didn't like as much their previous Quantum Break title but Control captured me more. I had to stop because I went full Borderlands 3 (as a crazy fun of the series) and playing this over 30 hours now, however plugged with performance issues and a story that didn't captured me yet, so Control is still my favorite AAA release this period and need to go back and finish it (after I finish the BL3 main story once).

Meanwhile, the new Zelda Link's Awaking remake was released on the Switch. This has a special place in my heart, because the one it was based on, the original gameboy Zelda, was the only Zelda I ever finished in my life when I was a kid. And the only one I am so familiar and after many years I know where to go and where are all the secrets, without getting much lost. Every other Zelda I played, I got stuck and left the game in the middle. So,. this was special, because it's exactly like that gameboy one and keeps the top down view but with brilliant 3D rendering (only negative is ugly frame drops).

At the same time I got Blasphemous on the system, seemed interesting, played a little bit and thought wow I love it so far. I got other indies before that look cool externally, but there is always something, maybe in the controls, maybe in other aspects, that destroy it for me, but Blasphemous plays and looks great so far, I need to play that and my Switch was collecting dust so it's a good opportunity to sit on the sofa for gaming instead on my PC all the time.

And before I am done with gaming, I found out on youtube about a Daggerfall remake in Unity. I remember this one from the past, but now youtube has more videos with mods added to it, and I didn't realize what's going on with that community. Wow,. it just totally changes things and the barren classic outside looks richer now with elevation and skies and very very far distance. Now for me it's a breeze to walk outside and try to go on foot for an hour as a relaxing method watching the mountains through the far distance. I checked the inner dungeons too, with new lighting, normal mapped (or I think even occlusion mapped) walls, multiple mods here, can replace some objects with 3d models, highres sprites, grass, birds in the sky, it's beautiful for such a classic game! So,. now yesterday I was replaying and testing options till it was 2 over midnight and had to sleep.

And I need to go back to coding. But in rare times gaming took me. Hmm... will see.

I started playing Unreal Gold a while ago, I changed the movement controls and lowered the mouse sensitivity but I would like to have more control over mouse sensitivity, like individual X-axis and Y-axis sensitivity scaling. For some reason the game keeps crashing whenever I Alt-tab, maybe there's some patch that fixes these somewhere.

Casually joining cs, hldm, op4ctf, tfc, dmc, hl2dm, gmod event servers once every week, still also playing WF occasionally but not for long sessions, just quick peeks for quick daily login rewards and sorties. already done with all major quests and all that's left are pointless grind quests like the Silver Grove, same for Nightwave. I might just stop playing it until they decide to release their new major expansion.

5 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

I started playing Unreal Gold a while ago, I changed the movement controls and lowered the mouse sensitivity but I would like to have more control over mouse sensitivity, like individual X-axis and Y-axis sensitivity scaling. For some reason the game keeps crashing whenever I Alt-tab, maybe there's some patch that fixes these somewhere.

For Unreal Gold, I recommend trying the unofficial 227i patch.

Nintendo Switch Lite is finally out! 

I know many think it's a silly idea but I love the lighter weight and I never plan to play it on the TV

Really I just wanted to play Zelda 2 with Rewind capabilities. Which I have been doing the past couple days.

I also pre-purchased the Link's Awakening remake. Very excited to dive into it!

Anyone played Dust (An Elysian Tale)? I bought it on sale a while ago and now it's taunting me on the home screen.

I also got a New 3DS XL, after learning they aren't making them anymore. Did a 3DS StarFox 64 playthrough and have been working my way through Majora's Mask. I had Majora on GameCube years ago and love it, but never got past Water Temple. This time I will use the internet!

Tower of Time

Picked it up on the weekend since Steam had it on sale for $8. Not a bad Indie, tatical, story rich RPG. Some fights can be pretty hard but coming back later can make all the difference. Graphics are pretty nice and it runs great, tho for some reason it crashed a couple times after a battle, which was annoying. It's funny that you can do a quick reload and see if you get something better out of a chest. ;) The game takes place in a ancient, ruined tower with all these different levels and I find it makes me want to see what is around the next corner type of thing....

I tried Forza Motorsport 6 on my Xbox One the other day and it was alright. I didn't really like how the game just tossed me directly into a tutorial right away without showing me much of anything. I'm more oldschool and prefer a regular start menu and i like to choose my races and cars, ect. (like in the old Gran Turismo games).

The only Forza games that i played were a little bit of the first one, quite a bit of 2 which i really liked, and a tiny bit of 3 which i didn't really like all that much. Maybe i'll play 6 more, depending on if it gets better. I do like the cockpit view though, which i believe started in Forza 4(?). My XB1 really needs to get some use haha!