Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

@seed @hybridial In case of all of the ports of build engine games (Eduke32, NBlood, Redux), I just turn off the in-game Vsync and use the external Vsync instead.

And In Ion Fury's case, in addition to the above step, I also suggest following settings in Nvidia/AMD Control Panel:

- Preferred graphics processor -> High-performance GPU

- Power management mode -> Prefer maximum performance

- Threaded Optimization -> ON

- Optimize for compute performance -> ON

- Triple Buffering -> ON

@ReaperAA I really tried everything with Shadow Warrior Redux but nothing really made it better. I played through it but at this point would rather wait for a new port. Nblood works fine. BloodGDX works great. Fresh Supply is fine. Somehow we went from having no decent source ports of Blood to having three in the space of 6 months. 

I will try those settings with Ion Fury to see if they help, thanks. 

I've been playing Rainbow 6 Seige with my friend for 3 days. I'm utter shit but it's still really fun just to mess around

People Playground, it´s an 2D indie sandbox game where you can dick around with electronics and building parts, kinda like Garry´s Mod, it even has destructible ragdolls

Been playing the Win10 edition of Minecraft lately.
Been seeing this somewhat frequently, doesn't break the game but looks irritating af. 
unknown.png?width=1201&height=676

Quake 2.

I decided to give it a fourth chance... and I do NOT regret it. On a lower difficulty setting it's pretty fun, nowhere near as supremely tedious as it was on hard, and I can actually appreciate it now. Nice atmosphere and amazing soundtrack too, but no, it won't replace the original Quake in my top, the first installment is much closer to my preferences ;).

On 11/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, seed said:

Quake 2.

I decided to give it a fourth chance... and I do NOT regret it. On a lower difficulty setting it's pretty fun, nowhere near as supremely tedious as it was on hard, and I can actually appreciate it now. Nice atmosphere and amazing soundtrack too, but no, it won't replace the original Quake in my top, the first installment is much closer to my preferences ;).

BTW I watched a bit of your Quake 2 videos and noticed that u were not using the Energy Armor inventory item. By using it, u can make life much easier.

57 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

BTW I watched a bit of your Quake 2 videos and noticed that u were not using the Energy Armor inventory item. By using it, u can make life much easier.

I did say I know nothing about the game, didn't I :p ?

Dishonored 2 - previously skipped and now I trying to finish this game.

Playing Hammer, I open it at least twice a day, change some minor things here and there, then I get bored and close it then go back to cs. I haven't yet finished GRIS, or the first Dishonored, eventhough I enjoyed the first few missions of it. Arkane Studios knows how to make good system shock-esque games. I need to learn to stop procrastinating lol.

I plan to play Doki Doki . 

I heard a more about this game, and some news about players of this game like they committed suicide after playing this game. 

But I don't know. I should to play it. Maybe I'll find something interesting and events related to this game. 

I just bought Ion Maiden during the Steam Sale this weekend. It's not bad so far. I love the overall atmosphere of the game and the music is pretty cool, but the enemies are a pain in the ass and the weapons are kind of unimpressive, although that revolver's secondary function is really nifty.

just bought Hexen II, only an hour into it so far and I already am lost and dunno what to do now lol

i like that it still mostly has Quake's movement so I can strafe jump like a madman everywhere.

Playing through Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and enjoying it a lot more than i though i would. Only Ivory King DLC left to do (and darklurker bc i killed the old man in a wheelchair thinking he was an enemy lol)

Just bagged the Duke Nukem 20th anniversary edition as its on £3.99 on PSN and haven't played it since its re-release on 360/PS3 years ago.

Other than that I'm Replaying Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric on Wii U because I'm mental.

Haven't played anything new lately. Just farming rank points on Dota Underlords. I find it to be the most interesting out of all the "Auto-chess genre."

Duke Nukem Forever on Xbox 360. Yes, sue me for having this game.

As much as i do not want to fault Triptych Games, but the performance is at times truly atrocious.

It already runs with vsync off, so performance can jump from 60 fps to 30 fps, leading to nasty and very noticeable frameskips.

But its worse when you use a weapon that casts a dynamic light (Like trip bombs or rocket launcher). The resulting explosion, but more the dynamic light literally sees frame rate down to a crawl, especially when you gib a single enemy with it. Seeing an explosion execute at 5 FPS is sure a sight to behold.

Duke Engine (Heavily modified UE 1.5) really was a PC only engine, because the relatively quick ports to PS360 do not perform that well judging by this state of it.

Picked up Prey 2017 and Dishonored 2 bundle on Steam so I'm currently playing Prey. Made it as far as the Lobby, found a shotgun and ended up in the Trauma Center. So far I think it's pretty good.

I finally got around to finishing GRIS, pretty little game, short but sweet and makes good use of its simple mechanics. Continuing Dishonored, hopefully I don't get distracted this time.

Edited by sluggard

I reinstalled my old copy of The Saboteur, it's pretty much the only open world game set in a Nazi occupied country and has a kind of GTA like style to it and it has some minor Wolfenstein like vibes. The only real flaw is the graphics which were considered new by 2009 have actually aged badly.

Edited by Avoozl

Quake II via KMQuake II on Nightmare, Unreal via OldUnreal 227 on Very Hard (and bleeding damage enabled), Daikatana via 1.3 patch on Medium and teammates disabled, Diablo Hellfire on Nightmare with Warrior, Rogue and Sorcerer.

Still playing Ion Fury and I just got to Dr. Haskel's Big Dome of Doom finally. Goddamn, this is such an annoying fight. Those Bowling Bombs are crappy.

Playing through Blood for a second time. I'll admit that i am enjoying it a lot more this time than my first playthrough.

I finally got around to playing Rise of the Triad 2013, I don't think it's too bad so far although at first I wasn't fond of the fast run speed as it feels much faster than any earlier Doom-like shooters.

Edited by Avoozl

I just beat Ion Fury. Terrible final boss and the ending was kind of anti-climatic, but the overall game was great. The soundtrack kicks ass. I just wish there were some custom map packs or mods out there for it.

I was playing some Path of Exile, which I had stopped playing for over a year or something. Anyhow, I got bored with it again.

Still playing Prey. Made it through Psychotronics and heading into G.U.T.S. Good stuff. :D

7 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

I just beat Ion Fury. Terrible final boss and the ending was kind of anti-climatic, but the overall game was great. The soundtrack kicks ass. I just wish there were some custom map packs or mods out there for it.

Since the game is really new, there isn't much custom content out there. Though there are a few single maps available such as KongKong.map, Overland.map, zombiefury.map and ionpiercer.map

I am trying out Halo Reach with the PC version, however I am finding it very underwhelming so far, it is performing well on my PC surprisingly I thought they would up upgrade it to today's standards graphically but I wrong, the graphics aren't at all impressing.

The actual Halo game I want to play is Halo 3 so I can finish the original trilogy but I will have to wait until they are done porting the remasters of 1 and 2 first.

Edited by Avoozl