Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

12 minutes ago, dethtoll said:

As far as the cat rescue in SHOGO thing, that's actually a winking reference to a common filler tactic in anime during the 90s where an episode would have the protagonists doing something completely inane so they could drag the plot out a little longer. It's also worth pointing out that you can just kill the cat lady and her husband to continue, but you don't get the superhealth reward.

It's also just a big long sex joke. Her 'cat'. The 'pumping station'. Kura's lewdness towards you after acquiring the cat. If Sanjuro shoots the cat he'll state 'Sorry, no time for pussy!'.

2 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

Arkham Knight is the worst PC Port of a game I have ever played.

I thought they patched all of its problems.

I haven't noticed any patch so no, stuttering / FPS issues occur on my end, broke my keyboard trying to get it fixed, jumping from site to another trying to find what's wrong, unless you're talking about a patch that came long ago.

I'm playing “SteamWorld Heist” at the moment. I haven't read the previous pages of this thread, so I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before.

It's a mixture of Worms and X-Com: Imagine X-Com as a 2d side scroller with the aiming mechanics of Worms.

5 hours ago, dethtoll said:

common filler tactic in anime during the 90s where an episode would have the protagonists doing something completely inane so they could drag the plot out a little longer

This is common in most television shows and is referred to as a bottle episode

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

I thought they patched all of its problems.

They did. I suspect dmg's either using a pirated copy, or outdated hardware.

Probably one of the worst gaming communities out there. 

But without a doubt, a revolutionary game.

Just playing some Minecraft again. 

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, dethtoll said:

They did. I suspect dmg's either using a pirated copy, or outdated hardware.

Heh no, my copy is legit and even if it weren't I don't think it changes anything, as for the Hardware I'm pretty sure I've more than enough power to run the thing.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:33 PM, dmg_64 said:

Ok...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It's mostly noticeable while driving the Batmobile or gliding, one guy suggested getting 16GBs of RAM but I doubt it has anything to do with that, I've been able to run better looking games without issues.

I've been grinding quite a bit of Destiny 2. Yes, on paper it's a fundamentally terrible game. In reality I'm enjoying myself, and the raid was quite nice. 

1 hour ago, Johnatone said:

I've been grinding quite a bit of Destiny 2. Yes, on paper it's a fundamentally terrible game. In reality I'm enjoying myself, and the raid was quite nice. 

Both Destiny games to me look like utter dross, I've only ever heard people complain about how much they dislike them, yet for some reason they're critically acclaimed and have sold extremely well. I don't get it.

3 hours ago, Ajora said:

yet for some reason they're critically acclaimed and have sold extremely well

Kind of like Fallout 4. Metacritic has it like a couple points above New Vegas I think, which is WRONG. I think critics are just paid off, I don't trust most review sites anymore. I mean look at Rotten Tomatoes. I've only played a small portion of the first Destiny. Some kind of cool concepts but it's really dull and soulless. I guess because raids and missions with your friends online, but...you can do that with most games nowadays. I don't get it either.

I just finished New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC. Highly recommended. This game gets the spirit of Fallout 1 and 2. Thank you, Obsidian. 

4 hours ago, Nebula-Kristian said:

Just finished Wolfenstein: TNO again and my hands are itching for the New Colossus :D

I wish I could play the new Wolfenstein games. :-(

Thanks to region locks I could only play the version with destroyed voice acting. The censored version does not have the option to play the game in English.

I can accept a version without the swastikas — although I still think that it's ridiculous that they are allowed in movies like Indiana Jones and are a huge legal landmine in video games. I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding would be that it is probably legal in games like Wolfenstein where the Nazis are not portrayed in a favourable light, but so far no company dared to challenge the status quo.

i got past that part of Hexen 2 today. that was really annoying, though thankfully not a gamebreaker since you can google for the answer nowadays, but man.

What I'm playing now? Doki Doki Literature Club visual novel. Damn, it scared me a lot and put me in bad mood considering some bad events. Fuck, I regret that I didn't grind more on save/load stuff. I hope fresh reset will help me, if not... I'll screw that novel and I'll read/play something more positive. 

2 hours ago, Neurosis said:

Kind of like Fallout 4. Metacritic has it like a couple points above New Vegas I think, which is WRONG. I think critics are just paid off, I don't trust most review sites anymore. I mean look at Rotten Tomatoes. I've only played a small portion of the first Destiny. Some kind of cool concepts but it's really dull and soulless. I guess because raids and missions with your friends online, but...you can do that with most games nowadays. I don't get it either.

I just finished New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC. Highly recommended. This game gets the spirit of Fallout 1 and 2. Thank you, Obsidian. 

I find critical aggregate scores for movies to be fairly accurate, whereas video game critics tend to highly overrate many triple A games coming out. When it comes to movies, I usually agree with critical scores far more than I do when it comes to video game scores.  

and i just finished Hexen 2 over here. it was... okay. it really feels like a much more unfinished product than the first Hexen does, what with the combat being very flaccid, half the bestiary being just reskins of existing monsters, and there being a lot less music than Hexen did (i believe it had a full soundtrack, as well as menu music, intermission music, and several songs that are exclusive to the end credits!) some of the puzzles are cool, most of them being in Not-Egypt, but that place also has the worst puzzle in the game, so it's kind of souring. the last few bossfights are kind of tough too, but can be pretty easily shutdown with the right items.

overall it was alright, but i'd rather play the original Hexen over this.

Finished Shadowrun: Dragonfall.  Found the sheer amount of tactical, turn-based combat got a bit wearying at times, and then the final encounter was curiously easy.

Moving on to Jade Empire (which I played a fair bit of a while ago) with sidelines in Torchlight II and Left for Dead.

8 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

and i just finished Hexen 2 over here. it was... okay. it really feels like a much more unfinished product than the first Hexen does, what with the combat being very flaccid, half the bestiary being just reskins of existing monsters, and there being a lot less music than Hexen did (i believe it had a full soundtrack, as well as menu music, intermission music, and several songs that are exclusive to the end credits!) some of the puzzles are cool, most of them being in Not-Egypt, but that place also has the worst puzzle in the game, so it's kind of souring. the last few bossfights are kind of tough too, but can be pretty easily shutdown with the right items.

overall it was alright, but i'd rather play the original Hexen over this.

It seems like the most effort went into the first three hubs, by the time I hit Septimus and saw how unusually straight forward and overly combat focused it had become, especially by Return to Blackmarsh, it was evident they wanted to get this game over with soon. Which is a shame, because all signs point to a good game, and it only turned out to be an okay game as you stated.

Playing through Shovel Knight right now.

Been hearing a lot of positive things about it in review so I went  ahead and tried it. Its pretty great so far. Definitely feeling the NES spirit in this game.

8 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

It seems like the most effort went into the first three hubs, by the time I hit Septimus and saw how unusually straight forward and overly combat focused it had become, especially by Return to Blackmarsh, it was evident they wanted to get this game over with soon. Which is a shame, because all signs point to a good game, and it only turned out to be an okay game as you stated.

those Fallen Angel Lords and Medusas in the last hubs were pretty annoying to deal with because of how powerful they were. they're definitely the challenge of the hubs, because i could easily figure out all the puzzles in the last hubs on my own. i just thew all my power-items at them when possible (ovinomancer seals, tomes of power etc.)

i kinda wish the engine had a map of some sort, because it probably would have helped me getting lost in the previous hubs. that's probably what made me a bit frustrated in the first hubs, where you have to pay attention to cracked walls and hidden switches.

Yeah you want to save Ovinomancers for the BS enemies like Fallen Angels, they are too tryhard, what with their ability to block and DEFLECT your projectiles back at you and also hit you with attacks that cannot be dodged and do extreme highly damage. The game could've used far more balancing checks.

the regular Fallen Angels i didn't have a problem with as a Paladin, since i could just run up to their face and smack them dead. the Lords, however, have a extremely powerful hitscan laser attack that's very hard to avoid, on top of having more health. i think the Fallen Angel Lords were the only enemy in the game i actually consistently wiped out to, both because they deflected my attacks back at then, and their lasers tore a hole into me. the Medusas seemed to be reliably painstunned with the Vorpal Blade though.

by the way, i get the feeling that playing Hexen 2 as the Paladin is the absolute worst way to experience the game. have fun killing all the Imps on the first hub without a ranged weapon!

New PC is here! Spent all evening setting it up. Tomorrow I put it through its paces with Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

I recently upgraded to 16gb's of ram and are now playing Deus Ex Mandkind Divided at a reasonable framerate, still I get some minor graphics lag at certain locations but I guess being one model of graphics card behind the recommended is the cause.

Recently started Torchlight II with an Outlander on Veteran difficulty, and playing a modified (cosmetically) Carmageddon II on hard with beta elements like old vehicle skins, menu, HUD and font elements, pedestrian flamethrower and explosion FX etc. with a few additional non-gameplay changing modifications thrown in for good measure (like ped impact sounds from Carma 1 since they're more satisfying). I am also using cheat mode to disable wasteage since it's waaaaay more enjoyable like this and wish I remembered this existed sooner, because dying doesn't belong in Carmageddon.

Horizon Zero Dawn. Truckloads of fun robot dinosaur hunting, with a great protagonist and a lovely story.