Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, seed said:

As for Disney and SW, well, that depends I guess. The new trilogy sure wasn't great, but then I'm not exactly sure I'm in a position to criticize them since I'm one of the few to enjoy the prequels in an unironic way in the first place

 

I'd say with the Prequels some of the ideas had potential and it wasn't really a carbon copy of the OT, but Lucas became a terrible film maker (... he may have always been a terrible film maker), the issue being the prequel was 100% his by creative control and no one willingly challenged his ideas. I wouldn't want to create that way, even when I'm writing something which is a far smaller scale of project, getting feedback to then improve it is greatly important to me, and I think the importance of that only becomes exponential with greater scale of production.

 

The Disney movies are completely soulless. There are flatline. They were made by a committee. I think that does make them much worse than the others and we should really be insulted at how Disney treats their audience based on the quality of their material. The Mandalorian seems more like there's a desire to do something different. That's fine, good for the fans who still latch on, I definitely don't care anymore and I wouldn't be paid to watch Disney Plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, hybridial said:

I'd say with the Prequels some of the ideas had potential and it wasn't really a carbon copy of the OT, but Lucas became a terrible film maker (... he may have always been a terrible film maker), the issue being the prequel was 100% his by creative control and no one willingly challenged his ideas. I wouldn't want to create that way, even when I'm writing something which is a far smaller scale of project, getting feedback to then improve it is greatly important to me, and I think the importance of that only becomes exponential with greater scale of production.

 

The Disney movies are completely soulless. There are flatline. They were made by a committee. I think that does make them much worse than the others and we should really be insulted at how Disney treats their audience based on the quality of their material. The Mandalorian seems more like there's a desire to do something different. That's fine, good for the fans who still latch on, I definitely don't care anymore and I wouldn't be paid to watch Disney Plus. 

 

I will, once it becomes available in my region, they simply have stuff that interests me, but I will draw the line there, I can't afford more streaming services. I'm pirating The Mandorian for the time being because of its unavailability anyway.

 

My main issue with the sequels first and foremost is that they are just too convoluted and there was never a unified vision between the various installments. It started well and I had high hopes, especially after Rogue One, but they failed ultimately and it ended on a low note for a variety of reasons. But because of this, I actually support the fact that Lucas had full creative control over the prequels, in hindsight we see the result of not having it in the sequels.

Share this post


Link to post

Finally played through Blood- started out with Fresh Supply, but switched over to Raze after experiencing a few script-breaks making areas inescapable. Generally had a decent time (once I learned to avoid getting instagibbed by swinging doors.) I think it's the only one of the old Build games in which the humor didn't fall completely flat on me.

 

Also played through Epochs of Enmity- an excellent new episode for Quake https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=797

 

And picked up a game called Post Void, which is my current obsession. It's a short roguelike fps, and might be the most 'fun' I've had with a game in years. Super cheap on Steam right now too. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1285670/Post_Void/

Share this post


Link to post

Finally took the plunge and bought phasmophobia for Halloween; was fun times I crapped myself in a panic. Would recommend. The sound design also is amazingly immersive.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ajora said:

Ducktales: Remastered. It's fantastic. 

Thanks for mentioning that, actually. I bought the remaster shortly after it came out, but never really played much of it. I remember renting the original for NES once or twice when I was but a wee kid, and I never got anywhere in it. I was maybe 8, and that game was fucking hard. It's possible my motor-skills weren't developed, or it was the clunky NES controller and the fact that it had slow input, so switching from down + B to pogo jump to up to climb a rope, A to jump off while holding right or left, then to a down + B to pogo jump, then releasing early so you didn't hit the spikes above you. I always found it to be a hard fucking game. I could just about beat Megaman 2 without any issues, Ducktales just kicked my ass. Well, and then there's the constant flickering and slowdown we all love about the NES.

 

Anyway, I bought the remaster years ago, forgot about it. Your post reminded me that I should try it again. Blazed through it last night, and it was very charming and endearing. Good gameplay, I enjoyed it, and now it's done. But it is far easier than the original version was. But... at some point I'll probably try the NES version again, just to see if it was as hard as I remember, or if I just really sucked at videogames.

 

As far as games I'm playing right now, I'm having a hard time finding something to grab my attention. I look at all the games I've bought and only half, or a quarter finished, it's hard to figure out where to start. I just picked up Outer Worlds again, never got very far, but life distracted me a few months ago so it was put on the backburner. And I still don't really feel like getting involved in an RPG "waste my time but oh it's so cool" kind of game right now. I mean, I love the dialogue options, and it's a really enjoyable game... I just don't think it's the best use of my time. 

 

I do really need to go back and finish Bloodstained. I think I'll start there, get that done.

Share this post


Link to post

I also started playing Blood after finishing Duke Nukem 3D, and I am just simply overrun with how much fun I am having with these old shooters

 

I just love chucking a dynamite at some cultist who has no idea what will happen to him

Share this post


Link to post

Started playing the Portal of Praevus expansion for Hexen 2 via UQE Hexen 2.

 

Finally a port that works perfect for me. Hammer is nice and all but the Software render doesn't even go higher than 1280x1024 and the GL render is pretty barebones, for fancy effect FTEQW is far better, and it also has very frustrating input lag, making it borderline unusable for me. But sadly FTE seems to be glitchy, at least when it comes to supporting the expansion, haven't checked the base game. The intro doesn't play, it exhibits some graphical issues, and the first map can't even be finished.

 

UQE also seems pretty barebones, but it runs very well, and has quite snappy input, exactly what I need. So far this expansion seems a lot more straightforward than the base game, which had completely asinine puzzles in parts and confusing layouts early on. The castle maps were super confusing and required lots of backtracking, while the Egyptian hub essentially required previous knowledge. Portal has none of this bullshit so far. It also features a new class but haven't checked her out yet, I'm playing as a Necromancer.

Share this post


Link to post

@Jello Ducktales for the NES on normal mode is significantly harder than Ducktales: Remastered is on hard mode. The game is indeed short and a bit too easy, but I loved every moment of it and will inevitably play through it again on extreme mode. Overall, I'd say it's on the same level of quality as Bionic Commando: Rearmed is. 

Share this post


Link to post

Playing Banished and dicking around in GTAV

 

Banished is just so good, very easy to lose multiple hours and mods make it even better.

 

GTAV i never played before this year, GTA IV was so bad i really had no interest in this game at all when it was announced.

Only reason why i ever started to play GTAV was because earlier this year epic games gave it for free and damn this game is so much better than IV.

Actually liked the story mode and the world is interesting to explore and to do stupid stuff in. And to think i probably would have never bought it, well i guess you can still say i never bought it. Still not going to spend any money on epic games store tho, i'm only in it for the free stuff

Share this post


Link to post

Been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Dx2 Liberation non stop recently.

 

Never thought a cellphone game could be soo deep and fun, with multiple way to do beside the main quest.

And the contacting/fusion mechanic take it to eleven as there are a lot of demons to fuse.

 

Most awesome thing is that there are a lot of monthly special event with really cool unlockables and new demos.

They gifted me with Guts from Berserk manga as a demon to use... to slay more demons :P

Awesome addicting game.

Edited by P41R47

Share this post


Link to post

I was playing Re-Volt. That's a crazy game, and it's actually quite fun! That coming from someone who usually doesn't enjoy racing games at all :p

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Finished this Hallowen Dead Rising on some friend XBOX, now im playing the 2 on the same console. Never played it before lol.

In Pc im playing Metro Last Ligth! It's have some Stalkers vives.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ajora said:

@Jello Ducktales for the NES on normal mode is significantly harder than Ducktales: Remastered is on hard mode. The game is indeed short and a bit too easy, but I loved every moment of it and will inevitably play through it again on extreme mode. Overall, I'd say it's on the same level of quality as Bionic Commando: Rearmed is. 

The quality of the remaster is amazing, it really captured the charm of the original cartoons, it was really well done.

 

As far as Bionic Commando: Rearmed, I loved that game as well. It was just hard enough to be a challenge, but it wasn't an ass-ache for the most part. My only regret is that I could never get past that last platforming section outside the Albatross. I even went in there with around 30 extra lives one time, and I just could not get through it. Oh well, still enjoyed the rest of it immensely. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm presently trying to get better at both Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus R and Starcraft and feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. 

Edited by Ajora

Share this post


Link to post

Finished the first Kotor as LS.

 

I guess the story is... something. It was fascinating to see Malak missing his jaw at the end, I take it the vision the Exile has in TSL on Korriban is quite a bit earlier than that, then, since he looks normal there. I'm still curious about Bastila and the Mandalorian Wars however, I'm missing some pieces here.

 

But anyway, story-wise the first game definitely has a lot of Force fluff to it, and the characters are not too well developed, I'd even say it's a bit messy, especially Bastila's love story, that... was awkward. I mean I'm not against the idea but good grief the execution was horrid. She's by far the worst character in the game, unsurprisingly, and one could say she doesn't think at all. The Revan revelation was supposed to be more climatic, but na, instead, if you're displeased by what the Council did, you get more cultist drivel in return...

 

I found it surprising that unlike TSL, I think you can pretty much switch sides when you reach the very end too. In TSL if you kill any Jedi they'll attack you on Dantooine, but it's relatively interesting to see the tide turning here so close to the end. After Malak corrupts Bastila it's possible to betray your companions and join her, but in doing so, you lose Jolee and Juhani, as you'll be forced to kill both and consecrate the temple with their blood. Got mixed feelings about this frankly, I don't find it too appropriate to be able to kill your own companions, especially in such a plot twist, so I'm glad TSL added an influence system instead that allows to Jedify most characters, or gain some insight/abilities through them, if not.

 

I didn't end up with too many LS points though, as I did DS quests too, but just like TSL it seems LS sucks here too, gameplay wise. You just don't seem to grow too strong with melee in this game, and the upgrades are also a lot more limited, in TSL the improved upgrades and feats allow for some very devastating melee builds. But I just love zapping everything with Force Lightning, except that, as LS, that shit is expensive even with high charisma. Kinda similar to Heal for DS.

 

Unfortunately, it seems this game has a few major bugs left, specifically the companion quests. Apparently if you do Juhani's quest before some of the others, the remaining ones will glitch. I missed Canderous' quest as a result, as Jagi never spawned anywhere. It's also frustrating that, apparently, after meeting Xor the first time, he spawns on a planet even if Juhani is not in your party, causing him to glitch out completely. I had him spawn on Manaan afterwards, but without her in my party and he glitched there as a result, I had to travel to Kashyyyk to spawn him there too, this time with her in my party, and either spare (LS) or kill him (DS) - I killed him, wtf. Like come on, I'm not letting scum like that get away, no way.

 

As for the end game, well, Malak is not a very hard boss, but you will waste a lot of time on him if you don't kill his captives, so that he will keep draining them. Not on my watch, you cunt. Otherwise, the game is good, but the story and characters are considerably worse than in TSL, and it's also sorely missing some improvements from TSL - I mean for fuck's sake, you can't use implants at all if you don't invest into... perks here? What a waste of points, the advanced ones just need a high Constitution in TSL. You also gain fairly few powers and feats as well, and it has a level cap as well, even if you gain more XP, you stop levelling up at 20, which TSL doesn't have, and without exploits, you can also level up almost 10 more levels in comparison. So, quite limiting... But at any rate, there's too much Force fluff and Jedi drivel in this game, and no nuance whatsoever, with one-dimensional characters, which is the most glaring issue IMO, although it has a few others too.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, P41R47 said:

Been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Dx2 Liberation non stop recently.

 

Never thought a cellphone game could be soo deep and fun, with multiple way to do beside the main quest.

And the contacting/fusion mechanic take it to eleven as there are a lot of demons to fuse.

 

Most awesome thing is that there are a lot of monthly special event with really cool unlockables and new demos.

They gifted me with Guts from Berserk manga as a demon to use... to slay more demons :P

Awesome addicting game.

I've just started this, any beginner tips? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

I've just started this, any beginner tips? 

Yeah, check this out:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dx2wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page&ved=2ahUKEwjkw_iQqPjsAhWPFLkGHa_yAYUQFjAAegQIARAD&usg=AOvVaw2AgCPagWdXdG_enwTVoslH

 

There is a begginer guide to get one of the most powerful demons from the get go, Yoshitsune.

Also, there are a lot of good advices for fusing and summoning.

I found the wiki pretty late, so i learn a lot of things by trial and error, but the wiki is much like the doomwiki, with almost info about everything.

 

Aside from that, my party is Jack The Ripper, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Haget.

Every demons has one or two elemental attacks, preferently the single variant over the multiple as you can strike some null state or repel state from the enemy line and loose two turns with that.

 

The game takes you by the hand on the first two chapters, and then it opens up greatly, letting you do or play as you like.

 

About contacting demons, the drawback is that you can't talk them when you want, and just need to wait for the opportunity.

Never waste it, even when you already has the demon, try to make a contract with them as they can be used as material for enhancening your own party and evolve your demons.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Been obsessed with playing a Pokemon fangame called "Solar Light & Lunar Dark" it's really good. Can easily spend hours on it. I love how the entire region is made up of fakemon (fanmade Pokemon) so every encounter is something new! I'm also doing pretty well so far. Got 3 gym badges and getting ready to challenge for my 4th! 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Been obsessed with playing a Pokemon fangame called "Solar Light & Lunar Dark" it's really good. Can easily spend hours on it. I love how the entire region is made up of fakemon (fanmade Pokemon) so every encounter is something new! I'm also doing pretty well so far. Got 3 gym badges and getting ready to challenge for my 4th! 

 

Have you played Pokemon Uranium? Is it any good?

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Yeah, check this out:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dx2wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page&ved=2ahUKEwjkw_iQqPjsAhWPFLkGHa_yAYUQFjAAegQIARAD&usg=AOvVaw2AgCPagWdXdG_enwTVoslH

 

There is a begginer guide to get one of the most powerful demons from the get go, Yoshitsune.

Also, there are a lot of good advices for fusing and summoning.

I found the wiki pretty late, so i learn a lot of things by trial and error, but the wiki is much like the doomwiki, with almost info about everything.

 

Aside from that, my party is Jack The Ripper, Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Haget.

 

 

Many thanks, some good tips there and I'll give the link a read over. I see your using Jack Frost which I've just picked up, are low level demons worth buffing/leveling up? I pulled a couple of 4 stars so I was going to stick with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

Many thanks, some good tips there and I'll give the link a read over. I see your using Jack Frost which I've just picked up, are low level demons worth buffing/leveling up? I pulled a couple of 4 stars so I was going to stick with them. 

I have my party at 5 starts already, so yes. I like to extract all the juice from theme.

 

Also, later you will be able to use skill transfer and skill genomes, that let you use demons as material to extract their abilities and patch them on other.

So with good time invested, you can make a lvl50 Slime with all it weakness transformed on null states and having the best attack on the game.

It stats could not be the same as Lucifer on Lvl50 but that slime will surely give a good fight to the lord himself.

 

I try to no use much high star demons as i prefer to train the demons i found lovely or likeable.

I'm only interested on high star demons when they are gift or adquiered through special event.

The Moirae sisters are now the special event, and they are difficult to get. I just get one so far from the three.

 

As you play, more Devil Downloaders will join you, and so more demons to train, later you will have an option to unlock up to four parties for the same character. So you are free to train the demons as you like.

Share this post


Link to post

Currently going through all five episodes of Duke Nukem 3D, because I've heard its really good.

 

Currently on episode 2, episode 1 was very good, with the realistic-looking earth environments, (when compared to Doom 2 at least).

 

Excited to go through the other 4 episodes.

Share this post


Link to post

I got BallisticNG on a whim, it's basically not-Wipeout, and was very cheap. It's pretty good, I was in the mood for a racing game, and though I was planning to play Redout some more for that, I kinda feel I'll be spending that time more with my new purchase. At least, its a fairly different game but still quite good. 

Share this post


Link to post

That's all cool and all, but did you yet escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism?

 

I guess Tim Curry has. I don't know. Been a while since I last heard him talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

replaying Legend of Zelda : a Link to the Past on the cellphone (SGBA emulator)

Always a good choice. Make sure you play Link's Awakening if you haven't already. I'm still torn between it, and A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game. The original game that was on Gameboy, not the new Switch version. It was so amazingly well made, charming, and surreal, I fell in love with it right away.

 

 I haven't played the new Switch version; I can't vouch for that. But the original version was great.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Jello said:

Always a good choice. Make sure you play Link's Awakening if you haven't already. I'm still torn between it, and A Link to the Past as my favorite Zelda game. The original game that was on Gameboy, not the new Switch version. It was so amazingly well made, charming, and surreal, I fell in love with it right away.

 

 I haven't played the new Switch version; I can't vouch for that. But the original version was great.

 

I've played it, but can't remember for sure if I finished it.. Maybe after. I've also played The Oracle of Time, The Oracle of Seasons and The Minishing Cap, besides Ocarina of Time. Still considering playing the original (and maybe even 2).. I might get around to do it one of these days, since the SNES emulator works good on the cellphone.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×