Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

5 minutes ago, vyruss said:

Finished Dark Souls 2.  Never again, that game is jank and bad.  It has its charms.  But god never again.

Yeah, that was me after both Dark Souls 1 and 2. But I do think 1 was more jank than 2. 

been playing ULTRAKILL recently.

best

fucking

game

ever

go buy it its one of the best i have played in a while

I was just trying to play Friday the 13th: The game for PC, but it has been completely ruined by hacker lobbies. Moreover, the developers don't give a shit about fixing the issue, it seems.

The other day I sat down and played through Battlefield 4's campaign in one sitting because I wanted to play multiplayer. Now I don't wanna look at the game again.

I'm currently on a Beat Hazard 2, Trailblazer, and Bloons TD6 binge right now, with smatterings of Tower Unite, Quake, and recently, SMBX2 every now and then.

I've been fitting in some RCT2 around work and other commitments (plus a little Doom playing). I'm a good way towards beating my third Expert Time Twister park. None of them have been all that hard, so far, as the main limitations have been small loans and crippling interest rates, which are relatively easy to overcome with aggressive advertising, modest rides and a bit of price gouging where necessary. They've mostly had open objectives, too, which has made it more a case of "when I win" rather than "if I win". The two I've left for last do have time limits, although at 4 and 5 years, I suspect they'll still not be that bad. They're park value related, too, so there's a few tricks that can be used to overcome those. Once I've beaten these three parks, I've beaten the RCT2 Triple Thrill Pack in it's entirety, along with Chris Sawyer's semi-official expansions, so I'll be happy to tick it off of the list. Might keep it installed for if I fancy grabbing a custom scenario or making my own, but I doubt I'll make time for it as I've still got so much else to play (and so many other things to do).

Who thought it was a good idea to hide quest-essential items behind unmarked, illusory walls? Total dick move. 

Edited by [McD]James

Well, Trials of Mana was on sale during the Steam Summer sale, so I got that. I've wanted to play it since it came out, but it was a little too pricey. I haven't gotten that far in it, but it's enjoyable. They did a really good job of transitioning it to 3D, but I'm not sure I like the 3D more than the beautiful sprites in Secret of Mana 3. That game looked amazing.

And then I saw that the Yakuza series was on sale, so I picked up Yakuza 0 for five bucks to test the waters, it seems enjoyable. But again, I haven't gotten that far in it with work and house projects taking up most of my time.

Then on Sunday a coworker and I were talking about videogames, and he mentioned that his son loves Darksiders 2. And that made me realize I have never actually finished that game, despite the fact that I absolutely love it. So I reinstalled Darksiders 2 last night and played that for a while and really enjoyed it. I don't think I'm ever going to finish any of them.

Not long ago, I restarted Avernum 3: Ruined World, with the hopes of finishing it on the hardest difficulty. I also recently started a secret Doom project and I find it much more enjoyable to work on that, than to play a game.

I picked up Dusk on sale. I dig the weapons and atmosphere a lot, but this seems way too easy on Ciero Miedo. 

15 hours ago, [McD]James said:

I picked up Dusk on sale. I dig the weapons and atmosphere a lot, but this seems way too easy on Ciero Miedo. 

The difficulty does pick up in the second and third episodes. But yeah, it's not a terribly difficult game. You may want to try Intruder mode, you automatically pistol start every level.

1 minute ago, Jello said:

You may want to try Intruder mode, you automatically pistol start every level.

This. I had a lot of fun w/ this mode.

Been playing a lot of Trackmania United Forever. Love time trial type games.

Oh my god, Duskworld! With TF2 being in the state that it's in, it looks like I've found my new go-to online first-person shooter. This is amazing.

I finally played through Outlaws. I'd say the level design and the soundtrack are great, but I was underwhelmed by how quickly it was over.

Two clickers simultaneously: Idle Wizard and Firestone.

Also replaying Commander Keen 6.

Well, few weeks ago I've got sucked in Genshin Impact on my phone and ever since I'm just playing it as my back problem prevents me to sit near computer for too long.

My sister came to visit the US from Taiwan and we've been playing The Legend of the Mystical Ninja on SNES, brings back so many memories. We're playing on my pc and I only have one controller, but I'm surprised at how intuitive SNES games are when configured with a mouse and keyboard.

I've finally beaten all of the RCT2 Triple Thrill pack. Fairly comfortable wins for the Expert Time Twister parks, which was a pleasant surprise. Quite liked the aesthetic of Gemini City - wouldn't mind seeing that sandstone and obsidian skyscrapers theme (and hovercars) used in some other game or media, to be honest!

I've started up the Serious Sam Classics Revolutions extra episode: Bright Island. Took a little time to get used to the older feel and handling (I've mostly played Fusion 2017 and SS4 as of late) but I'm back in the saddle and have already made it through the first level on Serious. I'll probably check a guide if I'm struggling to find the secret levels, as Serious Sam secrets can be hidden in the most ingenious, unintuitive ways, and I know there are two. Want to get a "full" experience at least once, and then maybe come back for a "proper" play some other time.

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon TCG Online lately, lol. It's addictive, man, and I love that you can redeem codes for real life boosters/decks to play them online too.

I finished playing Quake 1 on normal with Darkplaces. I used the shotguns a lot more often despite them being objectively ass. Fuck Spawns so goddamn much.

I've been having a lot of trouble logging into Diablo 2 for a few months. It's been getting stuck on "Connecting to Fastest Server" or "Checking Latest Version" for hours on end. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that service for a 20+-year-old game is spotty (especially since I play non-LoD on USWest); it certainly makes transferring items between mules a guaranteed loss. The last time I played it in earnest was a little over a year ago; otherwise I've been just logging in on the first of the month to refresh my characters.

I doubt I'll ever get D2 Resurrected; the Blizzard of back then sure as hell isn't the avaricious bastards Activision-Blizzard of now.

Edited by Chow Yun Thin : game i actually played