Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Still playing Trials of Mana, I'm about 11 hours in, and I have to say that it's the most enjoyable RPG I've played since Final Fantasy 7.

It took me about two and a half to three hours before I realized "Holy shit, I'm having fun playing a videogame again! I love this game!"

I really can't remember the last time that I lost a couple of hours in a game, or I couldn't put the controller down. That "Holy shit, it's three AM" moment. It's just a fun, enthusiastic, beautiful gem of a game. Everything about its presentation is perfect, the music is fantastic, the combat is fluid, the story is divided up between six different characters. I just absolutely fell in love with this game.

Stupid job, interfering with my Mana time.

Besides binging Doom like crazy I've been playing Dark Souls Remastered for the first time on Xbox, just got to Anor Londo. Prior to that I went through Fallout: New Vegas for the first time as well (and my first Fallout game altogether) and binged it like a MF and finished it in a little under a month. Still got to go through the DLC however.

5 hours ago, Maxxx17 said:

What do you think? Is it worth it to start playing?

Not sure how my comment turned Russian.

Yeah, I'd say the game is worth playing. It is good, but I personally found some of the puzzles and hidden areas to be kind of frustrating, and by the end, it all felt a bit tedious, but that's just me. It was well ahead of its time and represented its source material very well.

I am currently playing through Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon & Doom II : The Way id Did on Twitch. I may look into playing Take No Prisoners next (after Doom II) because that game needs more love and I usually have a thing for top-down shooters.

Currently playing Celeste. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for platformers and there has been so many amazing ones lately, but this is such a white knuckle platformer, I love it to death.

BUT THOSE B-SIDES ARE FUCKING KILLING ME!

Recently I played through most of the Saints Row games that have been released on PC. The difference between 2 and the later games is so stark, even if 2 inches toward the craziness of the later games.

1 hour ago, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

Recently I played through most of the Saints Row games that have been released on PC. The difference between 2 and the later games is so stark, even if 2 inches toward the craziness of the later games.

I loved two, never really cared for three. It seemed like it was one step forward and two steps back as far as customization and just general zaniness. Two was just ridiculous while still maintaining some semblance of normality; yeah it kind of felt like a GTA ripoff, but it had enough of it's own identity to get through it. Saints Row 3 felt like it took itself far too seriously up until mid to late game. Then it just went off the rails. But as far as customization and gameplay it felt really limited compared to Saints Row 2. It's been quite a while since I've played it, but it seemed like 2 did everything bigger and better.

And I know everyone dogs on Saints Row 4, but I absolutely loved it, despite the fact that vehicles and firearms basically became pointless. When you can use magic attacks and fly across the map, there's no reason to use an automatic rifle or drive a car. But I still had quite a bit of fun with it, and I still think the dub step gun is hilarious. Plus I made my character look like an insanely buff George Washington.

Gat out of Hell was good, if not too short. But I found the firearms far more useful in that game than I did in Saints Row 4, and I enjoyed it. Except I played as Kinzie. I'm not going to look at Gat's ass for twelve hours. Shame there wasn't more customization available in it, but for a cheap bonus entry in the series it was pretty enjoyable.

In Saints Row 2 I made my character look like Anton Chigurh from "No Country for Old Men". Gave him a British accent. I liked playing as that character, it really gave me an excuse to be as sadistic as I wanted to the NPCs.

So i now got into Daggerfall!

Started Years ago and i felt as i did play through a whole Game only by getting out of the first Dungeon and doing another Quest for the Fighters Guild...

I am super proud that i've done more Quests and got through another Dungeon alive ;D
I even bought a Horse (because if not i wouldn't have been back fast enough to return the Quest...).

Seriously, this Game is hard, but now i am into it ^-^

I'm taking a break in Tekken 7 so playing some Team Fortress 2, I'm only playing community servers since I don't like waiting for Casuals. Lately I've been going to x100 servers and one of them buffed the Carbine to godly amounts, they removed all of its weaknesses and gave it new strengths. To explain, each bullet now deals like 100-200+, the fire rate now has been buffed and its now like a long range flamethrower, and each clip has about 180 bullets. You can imagine how this one weapon alone can dominate an entire server but it does have a hard counter with Dalokah Heavies because Carbine can't kill them fast enough because of their gigantic HP.

I've just been on a Pokemon kick lately. As for official games go, I've finally picked up Mystery Dungeon again on my GBA and have gone further than I ever went so far. I think I am finally getting to the end! On our way to find Rayquaza.

As for fangames, I have started up on Pokemon Uranium and have been enjoying it so far. I really love fakemon games since you get to enjoy seeing a pokemon for the first time. 

1 hour ago, vyruss said:

Just finished Skyrim, running through Oblivion.  So much better I think.

Make sure to play through the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion. One of the best storylines I've played in Elder Scrolls. 

1 hour ago, Swordofdanu said:

Make sure to play through the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion. One of the best storylines I've played in Elder Scrolls. 

Already played through it once and did that one, it is pretty wild.  Thieves' Guild too.

I'm playing another campaign of the Misery mod for Stalker.

I wouldn't be surprised I've said this at least once before in this thread. I really like it! Except for the random crashes on a pushed unstable engine, bad frame rate on my 3090 and just some stupid level of random difficulty that makes save scumming essentially a game mechanic, part of the gameplay loop.

Also I got Project Brutality 3.0 and playing the classic Doom wads. I would like a quality wad pack that has tech base and average 100 monsters or less.

A couple of months ago Microsoft gave out £8 vouchers for the XBox store for their summer sale, so I took the chance to grab Soul Calibur II HD Online at a considerable discount and got all of the unlocks and offline achievements for that, which was great. Despite previous experience on the GameCube of having Seong-Mina as my main character and being very proficient, I found I slipped more easily back into using Astaroth, so he got the bulk of my play time. Equipped with Thanatos (his Soul Calibur-tier weapon) I was comfortable with most challenges, which made the harder unlocks still very attainable. Still a great game, even if I miss the expanded move lists from 3 and 4, and the graphics felt a bit dated in 1080p.

After that distraction, I ended up losing a couple of weeks to Netflix and Youtube, before coming back to Serious Sam Classics: Revolution and the extra episode "Bright Island", which had an arsehole of a battle at the end of the 5th main level (6th if you've found the first secret level) - Forlorn Ruins, where I basically resorted to camping a corner to handle the bulk of it and had to savescum it a bit... Particularly to make it past the Ugh-Zan Candidates who show up in force at the very end. Other than that and a similarly tricky set up near the end of the 3rd level (Sunken Pyramid), the episode was pretty straightforward and enjoyable, even with the inclusion of cut enemy types from TSE. I did both secret levels as well, so got a pretty complete experience.

Today I gave in to temptation and tried the first episode of the Quake remaster on Nightmare. Good stuff - but the again, Quake was always good.

Besides a lot of DOOM, I'm sort of always replaying the Thief trilogy (not the fourth game). I ran a YouTube channel about Thief for a number of years, it's nice to play without Fraps running, without needing to narrate, and do production and wait for uploads to finish. Feels like a retirement sometimes.

Im currently trying to get 8 secs on e1m1 but when I finish I plan to start halo 1, I completed reach when it came out on steam and I was quite disappointed but people tell me it's the worst halo ever.

Recently started Borderlands 3So far, so Borderlands, though it feels a bit more grindy, early difficulty-wise.

I've been spending way too much time playing Humankind. Just got my first win earlier today. Really awesome game and worth the wait, despite buying it for my birthday...6 months ago.

I've been playing a lot of Subnautica: Below Zero. It's a game about exploring the ocean of an alien planet. As you explore, you gather resources and technology to build bases and vehicles to allow you to explore further and deeper into the ocean. It has absolutely beautiful art direction, map design, and creature design. 

190815-putin-sub.png

Nothing: my computer becomes old and its CPUs are burning when I open a page here.

I am currently playing System Shock Enhanced Edition and man what a game it is, already accidentally blew up Earth, killed myself with a bad grenade throw, become motion sick in Cyberspace...

Great game though.

Long post incoming:

Recently a nephew of mine came to our house to borrow some of my PS4 games and brought some of his own in exchange. We got a lot of games so here are they:

Borderlands: Handsome Collection- Never played BL before and we started with Pre Sequel, it was cool that it had split screen coop. Both of us chose Claptrap and he's seems kind of not good atleast at the surface. His Vaulthunter.exe is not good IMO, this skill has messed us up so many times like giving us nonstop akimbos that could barely hit anything and losing almost of our ammo afterwards. I might be wrong though, who knows.

Claptrap does have some nice stuff on him like not needing oxygen so that means faster revives and more exploration. We're at the part where we break in to some prison and we have to activate something to bring some methane.

TLDR- Claptrap feels kinda wack with goofy RNG but he could be good idk.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite- Me having played MVC3 many years ago, this one looks disappointing atleast visual wise. It doesn't look good, they went for a more realistic style instead 3's comic book like style which isn't really a bad thing but the game looks generic because of it. I haven't played the story, my brother did but I haven't watched any on it. 

I don't know much about the gameplay, I've never played MVC3 seriously so can't judge much. It's a 2v2 now unlike in previous games where's its 3v3 and there's the Infinite Stones you can choose, I don't know what each does other than Reality (slow homing projectile) and Time Stone (Invul. Dash?)

TLDR- Kind of disappointed but curious anyway.

God of War- Never played any GoW game before and tbh, I'm not interested in it but I've played it a bit. My interest in these kind of games isn't there anymore. My little brother got far in the game it seems, he's past the point of Kratos bringing out his Chaos Blades.

TLDR- Played a bit but lost interest quickly.

Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn- Again, I don't have any interest in these long and story-based games anymore (played a bit of HZD tho). I don't know why but I just died one day, I used to be able play for hours in these kinds of games 

TLDR- Not interested in playing.

Morrowind.  am doing things a bit different this time around! 

i've put approx 1500-2000 hours into this since i got it for xbox and proceeded to disappear an entire summer during high school.  always going for two-handed long blade, heavy armor, or the occasional battlemage build.  properly going full marksman(darts, stars, bow & arrow), not going straight to high-ticket items for sell-buyback with Creeper/Mudcrab(only did this once i actually got good loot for rewards, dumping tons of gold into training), and going for separate factions.  my favorite was always House Hlaalu and Thieves Guild.  this time around, i've finished up Morag Tong and am aiming for House Redoran next.  am keeping Bloodmoon and Tribunal main quests on my sights next.

I just finished Highfleet.

It is a science fiction strategy / tactical game where you control a fleet of thousand ton flying battleships on a mission to save your empire. It is very heavy on the military simulation genre so you'll be spending a lot of time working with radar outputs, cruise missile interception, enemy flight path plotting, fuel consumption planning, aircraft sorties, etc... On the tactical side, you'll directly control your ships in aerial combat against other flying ships.

The setting and storyline are pretty unique, it draws on the real world relationship between the soviets and afghanis and uses dieselpunk technology and aesthetics to build the world. If you liked games such as Homeworld or X-Com you will probably like this game a lot. It is very dense and obscure though, so you will need to spend a lot of time reading the manual and figuring out before you'll be able to beat it.

screenshot.highfleet.3840x2160.2021-01-19.23.jpg

screenshot.highfleet.3840x2160.2021-01-19.33.jpg