Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Recently started Borderlands 3So far, so Borderlands, though it feels a bit more grindy, early difficulty-wise.

I've been spending way too much time playing Humankind. Just got my first win earlier today. Really awesome game and worth the wait, despite buying it for my birthday...6 months ago.

I've been playing a lot of Subnautica: Below Zero. It's a game about exploring the ocean of an alien planet. As you explore, you gather resources and technology to build bases and vehicles to allow you to explore further and deeper into the ocean. It has absolutely beautiful art direction, map design, and creature design. 

190815-putin-sub.png

Nothing: my computer becomes old and its CPUs are burning when I open a page here.

I am currently playing System Shock Enhanced Edition and man what a game it is, already accidentally blew up Earth, killed myself with a bad grenade throw, become motion sick in Cyberspace...

Great game though.

Long post incoming:

Recently a nephew of mine came to our house to borrow some of my PS4 games and brought some of his own in exchange. We got a lot of games so here are they:

Borderlands: Handsome Collection- Never played BL before and we started with Pre Sequel, it was cool that it had split screen coop. Both of us chose Claptrap and he's seems kind of not good atleast at the surface. His Vaulthunter.exe is not good IMO, this skill has messed us up so many times like giving us nonstop akimbos that could barely hit anything and losing almost of our ammo afterwards. I might be wrong though, who knows.

Claptrap does have some nice stuff on him like not needing oxygen so that means faster revives and more exploration. We're at the part where we break in to some prison and we have to activate something to bring some methane.

TLDR- Claptrap feels kinda wack with goofy RNG but he could be good idk.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite- Me having played MVC3 many years ago, this one looks disappointing atleast visual wise. It doesn't look good, they went for a more realistic style instead 3's comic book like style which isn't really a bad thing but the game looks generic because of it. I haven't played the story, my brother did but I haven't watched any on it. 

I don't know much about the gameplay, I've never played MVC3 seriously so can't judge much. It's a 2v2 now unlike in previous games where's its 3v3 and there's the Infinite Stones you can choose, I don't know what each does other than Reality (slow homing projectile) and Time Stone (Invul. Dash?)

TLDR- Kind of disappointed but curious anyway.

God of War- Never played any GoW game before and tbh, I'm not interested in it but I've played it a bit. My interest in these kind of games isn't there anymore. My little brother got far in the game it seems, he's past the point of Kratos bringing out his Chaos Blades.

TLDR- Played a bit but lost interest quickly.

Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn- Again, I don't have any interest in these long and story-based games anymore (played a bit of HZD tho). I don't know why but I just died one day, I used to be able play for hours in these kinds of games 

TLDR- Not interested in playing.

Morrowind.  am doing things a bit different this time around! 

i've put approx 1500-2000 hours into this since i got it for xbox and proceeded to disappear an entire summer during high school.  always going for two-handed long blade, heavy armor, or the occasional battlemage build.  properly going full marksman(darts, stars, bow & arrow), not going straight to high-ticket items for sell-buyback with Creeper/Mudcrab(only did this once i actually got good loot for rewards, dumping tons of gold into training), and going for separate factions.  my favorite was always House Hlaalu and Thieves Guild.  this time around, i've finished up Morag Tong and am aiming for House Redoran next.  am keeping Bloodmoon and Tribunal main quests on my sights next.

I just finished Highfleet.

It is a science fiction strategy / tactical game where you control a fleet of thousand ton flying battleships on a mission to save your empire. It is very heavy on the military simulation genre so you'll be spending a lot of time working with radar outputs, cruise missile interception, enemy flight path plotting, fuel consumption planning, aircraft sorties, etc... On the tactical side, you'll directly control your ships in aerial combat against other flying ships.

The setting and storyline are pretty unique, it draws on the real world relationship between the soviets and afghanis and uses dieselpunk technology and aesthetics to build the world. If you liked games such as Homeworld or X-Com you will probably like this game a lot. It is very dense and obscure though, so you will need to spend a lot of time reading the manual and figuring out before you'll be able to beat it.

screenshot.highfleet.3840x2160.2021-01-19.23.jpg

screenshot.highfleet.3840x2160.2021-01-19.33.jpg

It should be Deus Ex w/ Deus Exe & Kentie's D3D 10 renderer, Wolfenstein: The New Order on Xbox Series S, Carmageddon: Max Damage w/ STShotgun's C:MD Overhaul (HIGHLY recommended over the vanilla game), Doom 3 w/ dhewm3 source port, and Quake on Xbox Series S and Switch, but ever since going back and finishing Fallout: New Vegas for the first time (as well as it being my first Fallout game) on Xbox Series S w/ all DLCs after a little over 200 hours I'm sucked right back in with an immediate second playthrough where I toggled hardcore mode and going for a pro-Legion run after sympathizing with NCR before going for an independent Vegas previously. This seriously may be in my top ten favorite video games of all time now.

Been playing Deathloop over the week or so. Thoroughly enjoying it. Great art direction and level design from Arkane as usual. It runs surprisingly well on my rig in spite of what's going on with the PC port. Hopefully they'll be able to iron it out soon. Would be a shame to see it not get the recognition it deserves.

r83Oe07.png

RpPJBc4.png

Hv1MNoL.jpg

(also FYI: turn off the objective markers for an ideal experience)

Double dipped and Just picked up BG1&2EE for the switch. (good sale on at moment) Currently trying to decide on which class to carry through. 

Virtua Racing

The port on the Switch is seriously the best way of playing it nowadays.

5 hours ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

Been playing a metric-fuck-ton of yakuza 0 recently. It's fun going through the game again on legend NG+.

I really need to get back to that. I bought it months ago when it was on sale. Actually due to recommendations from here. Never played a Yakuza game before, but it was highly recommended as a good starting place. I think I've got about 20 minutes in it so far, but it looked enjoyable.

The problem was, Trials of Mana was on sale at around the same time, and I vowed I would finish that game before starting another. Well, I still haven't finished it.

Amazing game, beautiful graphics, enjoyable story, great dialog and characters. I fell in love with it early on, but time constraints and general exhaustion have kept me from finishing it. Over 20 hours in, and I'm doing the final dungeons, but when I get home at 10:30 or 11:00 at night, eh. It'll wait.

I really need to buckle down and start finishing a game before I buy a new one. But the issue becomes "I'm loving this game, I'm going to finish it! Oh... that's on sale right now, that's a good price. I've wanted to play that, I'll get it." And then I start playing the new game instead of the one I'm currently playing.

Consumerism at it's finest.

Baldur's Gate 2 again, taking my first crack at running it with a duo party, of an elven mage/thief and a half orc fighter/cleric. I finished the first game a while ago using an elven fighter/mage and half orc cleric/thief, and had one of the best fights with Sarevok I ever had in which the cleric/thief beat him in melee combat when the fighter/mage got paralysed. That shouldn't have happened, even if she was buffed to shit (pot of frost giant strength stacking with Draw Upon Holy Might). So far that mage battles in the Planar sphere to get the stronghold were total bullshit and I had to polymorph into a mustard jelly to cheese my way past a lot of that, but I'm at Brynnlaw now. I need that bag of holding. 

I'm also doing Quake: Epochs of Emnity and waiting for the 2.1.0 update to play Hedon's Bloodrite episode. 

I recently started playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the first time, it is pretty much my first Castlevania game now even though it's nothing like the 2D sidescrollers from what I know, it has its tough moments but I have found the game not very hard overall, I am quite enjoying it so far.

Started playing Psychonauts 2 and it's great; all of the charm, wit and challenges of the first game are still there.   Doublefine really outdid themselves here.

Astalon: Tears of the Earth. It's a classic style 2D Metroidvania which I think demonstrates the best of 8 bit visuals and sensibilities. It's been fun and just the right side of frustrating. 

I just got Nier Replicant, Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of war on the current Steam sale. Starting off with Nier and i like it the first couple of hours in.

Currently playing FFVII on my Switch and also got Serious Sam on it just yesterday, been playing through First Encounter HD.