Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slowtorturepukechamber

Perfect Hatred?

Trying to complete E4M2 "Perfect Hatred" 100% without the BFG Grab and Stephan Winterfeldt jump on Nightmare and it's just not working out for me right now.

Anyone got any tips?

Edited by facelessdoomer

holy shit, you got guts...ehh, even guru speedrunners can't finish it on Nightmare! without those tricks...sooo, I think you're kinda SOL on that one...

shit, I'll bet Jesus himself cant even finish it...

9 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

holy shit, you got guts...ehh, even guru speedrunners can't finish it on Nightmare! without those tricks...sooo, I think you're kinda SOL on that one...

Not necessarily even trying to speedrun, just complete 100%. It honestly might come down to using those tricks... :(

1 minute ago, roadworx said:

i feel left out

what's wrong with this map, why is everyone so afraid of it

i love that map, it's one of my top favourites, so you're not alone :)

though completing it in UV is a bitch, so Nightmare is 10 times worse...D:

3 hours ago, roadworx said:

i feel left out

what's wrong with this map, why is everyone so afraid of it

There's certain tricks in this map, such as grabbing the BFG through a wall, and doing a type of strafe run called the "Stephan Winterfeldt Jump", which really helps in avoiding the lava and losing a huge chunk of health.

Playing the level on a normal difficulty like Ultra Violence without using those tricks in itself is difficult, nevermind on Nightmare.

6 hours ago, Pegg said:

You are going to love the shotgunners and barons :). And develop a paranoia to specters and cacos!

The specters in this map are an absolute BITCH. I feel like if it wasn't for them, I could deal with the Caco's and the Barons much easier.

10 minutes ago, facelessdoomer said:

I find that when I run through this map on Ultra Violence, I only seem to run into 2 secrets. I know there's three but I guess I just don't bother with the last one in the route that I go.

the third is the secret exit room that leads to E4M9