Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
galileo31dos01

Your maximum time ever in a map

This thread takes inspiration from the current map I've been playing since last afternoon, taking a lot of breaks to do other things, obviously. I think my record is 4 hours and twenty-something minutes, although this aforementioned map has beaten the record by far AND I'm not even 3/4 done...

Come on, share

a whole day to find the most little error and blame the author

jk 1 hour max

Over 8 hours in Deus Vult 2: map 29  Which is basically all of Deus Vult other than a few teleporters that don't work.  That's the displayed time and doesn't count the numerous reloads.

And to think I'm going to be crazy enough to do it AGAIN.  I have no words for this level of insanity.

I think I matched this playing time in some of the Eternal Doom 4 maps, actually.  But I play slow.

29 minutes ago, Crusader No Regret said:

Over 8 hours in Deus Vult 2: map 29  Which is basically all of Deus Vult other than a few teleporters that don't work.  That's the displayed time and doesn't count the numerous reloads.

Oh so I'm not the only one, yes this map is taking forever like FOREVER, and even though what's left is the IoS battle and 7 secrets, including a sector with an insane number of cyberdemons that I'm looking a way to get there... wait, what do you mean by "a few teleporters that don't work"? Because I only found one teleport not working, are all secrets OBTAINABLE?? 

Hmm, i did register all the secrets by the end.  There was about maybe three monsters that never came out their teleport closets by the end and I never figured out how to release them.  Felt a sense of incompletion.

2 hours ago, CapnClever said:

Citadel at the Edge of Eternity

Yeah, this. I started as a toddler and ended as a graybeard.

Community Chest Map29, Citadel at the Edge of Eternity, honored mentioned, so many times. First playthrough, 4~5 hours. Actual run, 112 minutes. 4 major failed attempts at 30 minutes, 44 minutes, 62 minutes and 79 minutes.

6 hours ago, Grazza said:

I dunno; "TIME SUCKS" doesn't give much nuance. I do recall taking more than two hours to finish Simo Malinen's Maintenance Complex.

"Time sucks" is awarded for over how many minutes? The first time I remember getting this was on tnt map 21.

49 minutes ago, Pirx said:

"Time sucks" is awarded for over how many minutes? The first time I remember getting this was on tnt map 21.

That wad id's lazy 'solution' to avoid coding a time display including hours. It gets shown when the time exceeds 60 minutes, which, of course was exceedingly bad for the original maps but we all know how things developed and that such assumptions will ultimately backfire.

Ok  ;)

IIRC that was way more than 1 hour, it was a coop game and, clueless as we were in 1995, we spent the whole evening with that map...

I remember taking over 4 hours to play Holy Hell in coop with one other player. It took that long even though we were playing with slightly overpowered weapons, but no where near as OP as Russian Overkill.

Probably about 6/7 hour sessions on RJSpace9f back in the day...used to put on Last.FM and spend hours and hours on it trying to do things, get better...or just pissing about because I was bored :P

recently...1 hour and a half for Urania map 28 (counting deaths and all that stuff)

I'd say about an hour and a half...

after about an hour, I just quit the level, then chug 3  cans of soda, then bitch  about how much I hate the level...I have anger issues... :)

Some map from Eternal Doom takes me almost 2 hours to complete (didn't remember which exactly)

I've not sucked because I'm using Prboom-plus.

Instead of ragequitting I look into map editor to take a pee, and some interesting things reveals.

40-something minutes in Downtown.

No, you did not misread that.

About 3 hours playing Oreo Cake Massacre as the longest for me. I am generally a very fast player who likes to play PWADs with mods so even some slaughtermaps are done incredibly quickly after some savescumming.

No Eternal Doom map ever takes me an hour to complete, then again, I have watched demos of the first few maps so I knew what to expect then. But even MAP12, MAP31, and a few other bigwigs in the set usually never takes me more than 40 minutes.

A good hour or more for the first map in vela pax. Well, a couple hours more on the other levels as well...

E3M7 took me forever to complete the first times I played it. "Limbo" was definitely a fitting name for that level, imo. 

Unholy Cathedral also frustrated me to no end.