Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

The Standard E1 Community Project... lives again! (On idgames!)

Nice to see this project isn't dead! Though I expected people would want to continue.

E1M8: Obliterate Anomalies

Screenshots:

A8255C42786CFDA816C203E05C412240C5ACC519

912B7FA49505F8CEA85E038D9D422F8933E4C667

54E02B41D50B7051E6A81E4F93BC591221DB7954

8AE64709E1AAB77C34AC8A3C02F6658FB1EF2603

BC9B03F0314217DEE16806C4937C13BD0549AC80

An updated version of my previous map with more stuff to do and other adjustments. Significantly less pain sectors and more ammo/health compared to prior versions. UV difficulty should still be challenging, especially for the finale, and finding secrets is recommended. Other difficulties reduce the number of stuff. Can't claim to have hit the "classic and easier style" target though and some sections may still tend towards a bit of slaughter. Casual 15-minute UV-Max demo attached with the map. Shoutout to loveless and nirvana for feedback on stream.

e1m8_S01_V6.zip

Edited by Spectre01 : Screenshots

I think that if some of the participants did not come to Doomworld for a long time and did not upload their maps, their slots can be replaced (I'm already done with my map).

I was thinking to add more episodes to this project, maybe episode 2 and 3 to this project... just for adding more mappers to this project.

What do you think?

22 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I was thinking to add more episodes to this project, maybe episode 2 and 3 to this project... just for adding more mappers to this project.

What do you think?

IMHO It is better to leave it on the next wad, otherwise the development may take a long time. But if mappers is enough that would be nice to see full megawad (with changed name?). Need the other people's opinions.

A full megawad would definitely be cool, especially with a more modern style and aesthetic which makes good use of the limit-removing capabilities. But as @riderr3 said, it's probably better to get this episode done first to not risk another CP that's too ambitious and never gets finished.

I'd stick to one episode for the project, if I were you.  You can always run an E2 project after this one is done.

All right!

Also, I can't heard of Necrumwarrior from quite long, so if I can't have any news from him / her i'll free it's slot...

Sorry for double posting and for putting into coma this project, but since NecrumWarrior doesn't answer to my PMs from a pretty long time, i decided to free it's slot, so if anyone wants to participate, be my guest!

26 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Sorry for double posting and for putting into coma this project, but since NecrumWarrior doesn't answer to my PMs from a pretty long time, i decided to free it's slot, so if anyone wants to participate, be my guest!

Sign me up.  I'm feeling E1-ish at the moment.

11 hours ago, Capellan said:

Sign me up.  I'm feeling E1-ish at the moment.

Ok, you're in!

Thanks.  I'm going all-in on the Knee Deep.  No cell weapons, plenty of sexy, sexy STARTAN, and just the core E1 enemies (so no cacos, souls or barons).

I added some more rooms this week, after a long gap of not much progress.  Then I realised I'd boxed myself in a bit in one area, layout wise.  My next priority is doing something about that :)

Breezeep takes out from the project, so a slot is free!

I started nothing as usual and @Fonze slowly working on his map... If I still made nothing for my map in the next time, i'll see to free my slot too...

Decided to play @riderr3's map on a whim, and recorded an FDA while I was at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr7hocn5555j2j7/reckonf_v2_fda_benjogami.lmp?dl=1

Cool map. I got lost for awhile, but eventually I used my brain and automap to figure it out, which I think is a sign of puzzle-ish progression that is done well :D

The automap and noisy monsters spoil the exit trap a bit, which I was able to back out of.

Edited by Benjogami

Layout and texturing on my map is done.  Moving on to thing placement.  It'll probably be relatively easy by modern standards, so it may ultimately work better in an earlier slot than m6.

@Capellan If you mentioned only using standard E1 enemies, then it would probably work best in the m1 slots since everything else, as far as I know, has Barons/Cacos/Plasma Rifles etc. Ideally, the episode should make sense for continuous play, so something like having Plasma in one map but not the next would feel weird. But the map order can be finalized once everything is submitted.

I'll take the last slot!

EDIT: I am just putting the finishing touches to one map atm, however will start the ground work.

Edited by Liberation