Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

Lefty Doomers?

I'm actually right-handed for almost everything, but when playing Doom I use both, my left hand for action keys and my right hand for the arrows. 

I am right-handed for "conventional" things (writing, brushing teeth, playing guitar, etc.) but left-handed for several other things - playing FPS games (mouse with left hand, keyboard with right), playing drums, and sighting for rifle shooting.

I'm a leftie but I use my mouse in right hand- when I used to play bass (yes that was a thing...very badly though heh) I would play a right handed bass lefthanded upside-down!

45 minutes ago, FuzzballFox said:

I would play a right handed bass lefthanded upside-down!

I tried the same with guitar-playing - switched sides and held the guitar "upside down". I managed okay when playing lead, but sucked horribly when switching to chords.

If left-handedness is good, does media always put computer mice put on the right side of the keyboard? Checkmate leftycucks 

Somewhat related I play melodies and things moreso with my left hand on keyboard...which...is not a good habit :P

It's funny because I'm right-handed, but I use the mouse with my left hand and I walk around with the arrow keys.

There's a long story behind that...

Wow, we have lefty using right hand for mouse, and we have righty using left hand for mouse... This makes me feel I'm very strange because I'm a righty using right hand for mouse... What's wrong with this world!

Right handed here.

I use my Left hand for... Specific Purposes...

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Wow, we have lefty using right hand for mouse, and we have righty using left hand for mouse... This makes me feel I'm very strange because I'm a righty using right hand for mouse... What's wrong with this world!

I used to mouse with my left hand until the 'newer' generation of FPSes came out, than I converted to WASD. I can still play with arrow keys though.

I write and use the mouse with my right, am ambidexterous with everything else that uses one hand or even two, or god forbid, three hands. 

Dunno how is it called, am I still a righteous Doomer by this definition?

I guitar and eat with my left hand but I Doom with my right hand on the mouse.

1 hour ago, BadLuckBurt said:

I used to mouse with my left hand until the 'newer' generation of FPSes came out, than I converted to WASD. I can still play with arrow keys though.

I used to use arrow keys with left hand and mouse with right hand. I've got a question. Aren't the mouse designed for righties, usually?

21 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I used to use arrow keys with left hand and mouse with right hand. I've got a question. Aren't the mouse designed for righties, usually?

If you mean the left-click right-click thing, yeah, mice are usually set up for that. But to be honest, I never understood what lefties have against left-clicking something. Left-right is a 'natural' order in Western society so I never gave it a second thought. It's not like everything has to be mirrored when you're left-handed, at least not for me. The biggest struggle we face as southpaws are scissors imo.

Bonus fact, I can mouse with both hands these days but I prefer my right now :D

4 minutes ago, BadLuckBurt said:

If you mean the left-click right-click thing, yeah, mice are usually set up for that. But to be honest, I never understood what lefties have against left-clicking something. Left-right is a 'natural' order in Western society so I never gave it a second thought. It's not like everything has to be mirrored when you're left-handed, at least not for me. The biggest struggle we face as southpaws are scissors imo.

Bonus fact, I can mouse with both hands these days but I prefer my right now :D

Well, I mean the shapes of mice (maybe only gaming mice) are usually not symmetric, so it's not that comfortable to hold it using the not intended hand, especially now mice are usually with Mouse-4 and Mouse-5. To be honest, I think I can also handle mouse by my left hand, but it's less precise.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, I mean the shapes of mice (maybe only gaming mice) are usually not symmetric, so it's not that comfortable to hold it using the not intended hand, especially now mice are usually with Mouse-4 and Mouse-5. To be honest, I think I can also handle mouse by my left hand, but it's less precise.

Ah yes, those are definitely designed for right-handed people. I only use regular 3 button ones.

Well, i am a lefty. I use the keyboard via my left hand and the mouse via right hand.

(and i have no reason to use arrow keys..)

Now we need a topic called "Leftenant Doomers?" where we ask about Doomers in military to continue the whole left motif and make it a big thing.

I'm left handed with a mouse. Its far more efficient as many of the non-game important keys are on the right. I still use arrow keys for movement. Although I guess when it comes to gaming keys everything is now on the left.

I sometimes write with my left hand when I'm bored, I would love to be both handed to be honest, cuz it'd be fricking awesome