Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Perdition's Gate Resurgence (Alpha available for testing)

2 hours ago, Heretic926 said:

Can I take a stab on MAP04? After Dean of Doom episode I've come to appreciate Perdition's Gate for what it was trying to pull off, besides I was about to play it for the first time anyway. Also I'm experimenting with FL Studio to make my own custom MIDIs, so maybe I can compose one or two for the project, if you don't mind.

Yes, feel free to make something. Just as a reminder this project is aiming for vanilla compatibility, also maps are to be made in the style of the original map authors Tom Mustaine & Jimmy Sieben. If you need help with any of those aspects feel free to ask, & if all else fails I've made changes to many of the maps in this project to get them were they need to be.

Also custom midis are greatly appreciated as we are still quite a few short of where we need to be.

So I've been working on my maps the last days, taking cues from the rest of the mapset:

Map06 doesn't have mayor layout changes, just made some areas taller, more defined lighting and it's now more in the open:

Spoiler

va8Dh37.pngb5lwtLX.png

Map08 also is more taller, but the ending are was changed yet again, now it's just one room.

Spoiler

kblKH9K.png

GMWAif5.png

WajdD9H.png

Map18 outside area now looks like this, and there are other changes that I haven't screenshoted yet

Spoiler

134DhYJ.png

Honestly... I am surprised that the Project is still active.

When I found out about the Unofficial Sequel to "Perdition's Gate", I began to look forward to its release. And now, at the end of 2023, I began to worry a little about the Fate of MEGAWAD. And I liked the Original, which I dedicated my Review to (In Russian).

Therefore, for the sake of interest, I would like to know: "Is it still at the Alpha stage after 8 years, or is there a chance that the Project will be abandoned?"

2 hours ago, Blacklight said:

Honestly... I am surprised that the Project is still active.

When I found out about the Unofficial Sequel to "Perdition's Gate", I began to look forward to its release. And now, at the end of 2023, I began to worry a little about the Fate of MEGAWAD. And I liked the Original, which I dedicated my Review to (In Russian).

Therefore, for the sake of interest, I would like to know: "Is it still at the Alpha stage after 8 years, or is there a chance that the Project will be abandoned?"

Technically we've only been in the Alpha stage for 3.5 years :P

Yeah it's taking a long time, but it is still being worked on, just very slowly. I've not gotten any status updates from Wraith or Heretic926 about their maps so I really don't have any set date for a final release though. One thing I will stand firm on though is that I won't let this project drag on for another year, this project will release in 2024, no exceptions.

8 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Yeah it's taking a long time, but it is still being worked on, just very slowly. I've not gotten any status updates from Wraith or Heretic926 about their maps so I really don't have any set date for a final release though. One thing I will stand firm on though is that I won't let this project drag on for another year, this project will release in 2024, no exceptions.

Thank you for responding! I will definitely wait for the release of the Project!

On 12/17/2023 at 1:04 AM, Jaws In Space said:

@Jaws In Space Yeah, about that... I think it's better if I drop my slot - I've been involved in too many other community projects (rookie's mistake on my part, not gonna lie) and I completely forgot about this one. Makes me feel bad that this project is going stale because of my lack of involvement. Sorry about that :\

Edited by Heretic926