Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Has anyone made a megawad based on Doom 1's back story?

Has anyone made a megawad where you confront the superior officer who ordered you to commit war crimes? I thought that can be made as a prequel campaign, by overly inflating the idea to 27 levels where the officer is of course someone supernatural like Betruger and in the end you fight him, with him as a hybrid between fake player (similarly fast) and big demon.

I'm not sure there's too much to extrapolate on. Would make more sense to have it be a short playable section like a CoD game, followed by a cutscene that describes being sent to Mars and then being sent to Phobos.

I'd be more interested in playing out the fate of the marines sent into the UAC facility before Doomguy.

On 02/07/2017 at 3:42 AM, Blastfrog said:

Would make more sense to have it be a short playable section like a CoD game, followed by a cutscene that describes being sent to Mars and then being sent to Phobos.

Kind of makes me wonder what kind of threat Doom guy was fighting before he was ordered to kill those civilians. Rioting? Terrorism? Maybe a full blown war?

If I remember correctly, many moons ago, Tracer (TraceOfSpades) at that time, wanted to make a 32-map megawad of a prequel for Doom. I don't know what the game play would have consisted of whether the player would be fighting enemy marines or punching ranking sergeants in the face. For whatever reason, it never materialized.