Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CzechMate29200

Why You Chose The Username You Did

What's the story behind your specific username? Feel free to share it here :)

CzechMate29200

I think you can figure out CzechMate...i live in Czech Republic, and Checkmate rhymes with Czech. The numbers are my birthday, February 29th 2000 (not kidding, that's my real birthday)

what's your name about? Im curious :)

Edited by CzechMate29200

I love snow and cold weather, so I chose Yuki, which is a name that means "snow" in Japanese.  Then ravens are just really cool animals, and are important to me spiritually.  So... snow birb.

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I love snow and cold weather, so I chose Yuki, which is a name that means "snow" in Japanese.  Then ravens are just really cool animals, and are important to me spiritually.  So... snow birb.

That's a nice thought for your user name and it's cool.

Got into nu metal around 2012 or so and have been listening to a number of unknown bands ever since, though I have been listening to other genres more often for whatever reason. The k at the end is intentionally misspelled because that's how some of the bands were named too.

Some time ago, I was getting tired of getting that "This username already exists" message, so I started thinking about a name, but nothing came to my mind. I decided to search weird words in English, and I found "kvell" which means "to feel happy and proud". I added "er" at the end just to add something. And I added caps 'cause why not.

Come to think of it, the er is used for a person that makes an action (like play - player) so it sounds like "the one that feels happy and proud". Proud of what?? I didn't think about that at the time, but whatever, at least there aren't 100 people with the same name as me anymore.

I always liked horror and scary stuff in general. I came up with this name some 10 something years ago, when I was just getting into horror movies. Then the name just stuck with me I guess, because that's what I use everywhere now.

8 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I randomly chose a funny word I had heard recently as a username in order to join a chatroom in 1995 and now I get to live with it for the rest of my life

Ugh. Me too.

I put my heart into things I enjoy doing, a friend suggested the German Herz.

I enjoy looking at the snowy mountains in the distance of my city.

Yukiyama was too long.

oh yeah, forgot to say, I was into chess (dont judge me), then I started playing Doom and did a complete turn (I went from nerd to super nerd cool)

Well, I find Kirby really relatable. A cute pinky round thingy, copies everything, also battles nightmares here and there.

Of course, I am not 100% as same as Kirby. I like brutal stuff, and doing brutal stuff with brutal people. No violence tho, but pretty much anything else, like verbally shitting people (Otherwise, why do they keep asking "Are you shitting me?"), brutal honesty, thrash metal, eh.

I got into Doom just as I coined that phrase. Good grief I managed to put Doomguy's helmet on, I think the previous WWII helmet was cringy as fuck.

i don't precisely remember the details but i think i first used this username in 2007 and i'm fairly certain i was a chunnibyou patient at that time.

and yet i can't think of anything that sounds less dumb after a decade.

I use to play Roblox with an account named Idiotinfrontofadesk, but I quit Roblox because it seemed like the game would hit a new low at least once a day. Now i'm just using the character I made and the name Idiotinfrontofadesk as a sort of alias.

I had a hard time picking a username that wasn't already taken, so after pondering unnecessarily long about it, I opted for the name of a character from a really old local kid's show "Swiebertje" called "Agent Bromsnor", who is kind of the antagonist of the show. He's a cop who keeps foiling the main character's plans.

If you are willing and able to read Dutch, you can read more about it here: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiebertje

1 hour ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

I always liked horror and scary stuff in general. I came up with this name some 10 something years ago, when I was just getting into horror movies. Then the name just stuck with me I guess, because that's what I use everywhere now.

I have to say, your avatar is pretty great too. Courage was such a cool show.

I explicitly chose my current display name because it was the most ridiculous thing that came to mind at that particular moment.

My actual username is Fisk, and I chose that because I either forgot my password for darkhaven3/darkhaven4 or I was banned, I don't remember which. I happened to be reading Better Days at the time

In the 90s, I had a friend who drew super hero comics as a hobby. He added a character loosely based on me, whom he named Empyre. I liked the name and it stuck. I don't know how he came up with the name.

Edited by Empyre : spelling error or typo

It was randomly generated in game, I loved how this sounds and took it. But now I think I'm going to change it, but I'm not sure. Because I can do this only once :')