Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

For those of you wondering why my username changed, I am now an official Reverend. I can perform marriage.
Don't ask. You don't wanna know.

BigBadGangsta said:

/me grabs Amy and gets Julian to legally marry us

/me wonders if ones can be legally married through IRC.

BigBadGangsta said:

/me grabs Amy and gets Julian to legally marry us

...And in about a year's time we'll see BBG whimpering to his online friends about how much he regrets this day :-)

Well, congrats with you job Julian.

Why do you use your username? Me, I was registering for Yahoo, and I could think of a name so I decided on insertwackynamehere57, not realizing I'd use Geocities so much and thinking it would be temporary. However, when I registered for Doomworld, I also couldn't think of a name. So I realized, why not insertwackynamehere# because the "#" represents the gratuitous number that people always put after their username. That left everything to the imagination. After a little fiasco where I ended up with the user name "ice_cream_bar" I got my name changed back to insertwackynamehere. (Minus the "#"). So yeah. Your stories?

EDIT: Eventually it became a gimmick, and other people occasionally said insertwackywhateverhere, but I was first :-)

I usually use Chopkinsca but I didn't think I would actually be posting here so I just used some random username.
Now it just reminds me of how much of a loser I am.

My husband looked at me one day and told me that in the sunlight my eyes look a very shiny color of gold. (they are really hazel, lots of green in them though) When I needed to come up with a username...that's what popped into my head. :)

Well I like Doom, I play Doom, I edit for Doom, and I discuss Doom with other Doomers, such as the funktastical group that gathers together on these here forums, and I'm a guy/man/boy/opposite of female, so there you have my name, DooMBoy.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3734&highlight=nickname

Dan + Anarchy = Danarchy, thus I am the Danarchist.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6605&highlight=nickname

Dan (my name) + Anarchy = Danarchy

Nuff Said

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18890&highlight=nickname

It's my real name. Well, it's based on my real name and its what some people call me. It all started one day in 9th grade Health. No one ever payed attention in class. So I was sitting there dozing off and I think I had my name written in allcaps (DAN) on my binder for some reason. So anyway my friend turned around and drew a circle around the A, as to make it an anarchy sign. I was like "Hey, that's cool", and he said "Yeah...its Danarchy! You're the Danarchist!" Or something possibly less stupid sounding. And so from then on I was The Danarchist which I for some reason always wrote as 'the_Danarchist'. Then later I just went by Danarchy because it's easier to say.

Edited for emphasis.

I've used many names in various places. This is where I came up with my name for Doomworld.

Bah, I thought this thread was going to be about the great Username (ball shit snakes, etc.).

Me? It's what I used in the Gong Appreciation Society at Cambridge. Not as cool as Psi-Om, but my name's not Simon.
And it's a bit like Kasparov's nickname.

Heh, I came up with mine from my favorite RPG of all time for Dreamcast and PS2, Grandia 2. Melfice is the corrupted brother of the hero, possessed by the horns of the devil, and has a shit load of skill.

I suppose there's also Kuberr, from when I switched. Easily enough, Kuberr was one of the most awesome characters from Magic: the Gathering, ever. He was the god of money, reborn a teenager after the Cabal Patriarch and Phage screwed. Killed the Cabal Patriarch as he came out, lmfao. It was awesome. Oh yeah he's a complete smart ass, but very clever.

Little Faith can have multiple connotations.

Firstly it sounds kinda cutesy.

Secondly it can mean a disbeliever or heathen "Oh ye of little faith".

Thirdly it can mean that I have little faith in myself or anything else for that matter.

Fourthly it can mean a follower of the little faith (ie. a person that believes in small things, but not in big things like almighty dieties and all that).

Well, on AIM I use "Ike654" half the time, which came from my self-given nickname Ike. The 654 came from the days of AOL 2.5 when I was constantly on GamePro's chatroom. There were always people (including me) who would do stuff like "If you [such and such], type 654". So, it stuck.

DJ Haruko, however, is the name I mix and write electronica under. Haruko came from a website which had a mistranslation for "only child". "Haruko" actually means "spring child", which is odd since I was born in December. Should be "Fuyuko", but "Haruko" sounds better.

I think I've discussed this numerous times, but I don't really feel like searching for why I chose this name so I just shortened it to this:

My username comes from the hero of my Doom mods, comics, and soon-to-be Wolf3D mod, Lizardcommando.

I got mine from a wierd friend of mine, back in HS. We would call everyone odd names, even teachers and shit...like, he'd refer to his mom as Sandy, to her face even...but that wasn't her name...there were tons: Falon, Sandy, Rod, Sampson, Bishop, Don...just to name a few.

But he really had an obsession with creating names for people beginning with 'Qu'. I was the only person with whom he would always refer to with the same name every time. Quast. I guess it just stuck.

We got a kick out of it, because people just didn't understand our humor. They'd always be like, "wtf, that's not my name." But that was the reason behind it...it wasn't their name.