Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

My first map of 2017: Myriads

I decided to take a little break and make a new map. I hope to keep uploading individual maps as long as I have the time and then if some of then have a cohesive theme I could make another episode.

I hope you enjoy, this is a mid sized map in my classic style.

No difficulty settings applied yet, just a beta so share your opinion to improve the final version.

Last version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7d7y0x47dj7sq3o/myriads03.wad

tzCkOST.png

qzaX2r7.png

12xRcLr.png

uhUsLWO.png

ZSwjo43.png

VqIhvks.png

Edited by nicolas monti

I enjoyed playing it, only found 3 secrets though! Good weapon and health balance and nice monster variety. Good use of spectres and hitscan mobs.

Spoiler

I found that the cyberdemon was more annoying than anything, although I did like the atmosphere it added when you can hear just walking around. I seem to be stuck at the end as well. The green button after the mastermind does something, but I can't exit the way I came (blocked off walls that come up during mastermind) and I can't open the exit door?

38 minutes ago, TacoTurtle said:

I enjoyed playing it, only found 3 secrets though! Good weapon and health balance and nice monster variety. Good use of spectres and hitscan mobs.

Reveal hidden contents

I found that the cyberdemon was more annoying than anything, although I did like the atmosphere it added when you can hear just walking around. I seem to be stuck at the end as well. The green button after the mastermind does something, but I can't exit the way I came (blocked off walls that come up during mastermind) and I can't open the exit door?

Thanks! I upldated the file, you should be able to open the door now, there were 2 tagged lines too close.

Edited by nicolas monti

While I did enjoy it, I felt that many of the enemies made the WAD taxing. I liked the level design, but I think there could have been more health pickups, or at least some more shotgun shells. 7/10.

7 minutes ago, Aesthetic Deluxe said:

While I did enjoy it, I felt that many of the enemies made the WAD taxing. I liked the level design, but I think there could have been more health pickups, or at least some more shotgun shells. 7/10.

yep, some cautious gameplay is required and it can be annoying in casual play, anyway I made sure there are enough rockets to beat the map so you can exit with some ammo left.

If more people has the same problem I'll increase the amount of shells and health pickups!

Pretty solid level on the whole. But the cyberdemon is easily cheese-able from the far side of that room and as mentioned before, ammo is way too scarce. (during the first half especially.)

Otherwise its a pretty intense and creative classic style level.

56 minutes ago, Plusw said:

Pretty solid level on the whole. But the cyberdemon is easily cheese-able from the far side of that room and as mentioned before, ammo is way too scarce. (during the first half especially.)

Otherwise its a pretty intense and creative classic style level.

Thanks! I've moved a couple of enemies from the beginning to the last portion of the map to balance things up and widened the cyberdemon's room so he can retaliate if you fire him from far away.