Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

Ideas, Questions about ammo

I've never known any fps (and I've played a LOT) to have it where, if you had, say 199 with a max of 200 type of ammo, and you run over an 8 ammo container, it have 7 left over. It would be realistic if it were possible, but would it not create a kind of over-abundance of ammunition lying around? Any ideas?

Also what would you say if it took time to combine clips, IE if you had killed a zombie who had 12 bullets left in a 32 bullet magazine, and you killed another with 16 bullets in an identical magazine, would you bitch if it took time to combine them?

I could just be smokin crack, but I'm pretty sure SoF2 does that. At least I seem to remember times when I'd run over some ammo and hear the pickup sound, but the item was still there until I reloaded and ran over it again.

Honestly I donĀ“t care much for details like that... for example, for me it increases the realistic feel when I look down to the floor and actually can see my feet in the game, things like that are IMO more important than counting shotgun shells ;)

I don't care about being able to see my feet, nor counting shells - but the counting of ammo could be nice, but it's not so important.

It should be more realistic, if player wouldnt see crosshair.. Are u seeing crosshair in real life , while shooting with pistol?

Crosshairs are for the weak AND for beginners.

imho you couldnt even hit a sky with railgun without crosshair

Ok...my opinions on weaponry and ammo...

You have the max bullet count, say...200. Then you fire off 5 rounds, 195 left, but you run over a box of bullets, 50 count, it should only take 5 out of the ammo and give message "you have taken # *ammotype* out of #" if there is some left.

Other types of ammo...maybe flachette rounds for the shotgun or something, but thats all I can think of.

Combining clips = evil...

Looking down to see your feet sounds pretty realistic, I'd like to see that.

zzz said:

imho you couldnt even hit a sky with railgun without crosshair

Well, I once learned to hit things pretty well with the Q2 railgun without using crosshair - but that was in sp so...

So, BBG, are you saying that you would rather have many clips of ammo with odd numbers that you picked up from the enemies, having to reaload many times? I wouldn't mind that, in fact I'd welcome it as it would be very realistic, but i would still like an option to combine clips, maybe in an inventory screen that doesn't pause the game. You could combine ammo when all the firing has died down and you have a free moment, but it should take a while.