Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.RobotDude131

Just Another WAD

Recommended Posts

The file you shared was the entire Doom 2 IWAD, with a single replaced level. I extracted just that one level and attached it instead.

Share this post


Link to post

Things I noticed:

 

This flat ceiling and the sky being a cube.

Screenshot_Doom_20170705_052518.jpg.e15e11a99e3e80b69c4783cccd931b63.jpg

 

Here the ceiling has volume, but the unaligned textures look weird.

Screenshot_Doom_20170705_053529.jpg.1a5446b0f51bc6c05c2533a18fba40c0.jpg

 

Also this is just opinion but the secrets would probably be better with some kind of hint, all secret walls looked like normal walls.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Linguica said:

The file you shared was the entire Doom 2 IWAD, with a single replaced level. I extracted just that one level and attached it instead.

Sorry! I'm still trying to figure out how to make WADS.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 2016-12-31 said:

Things I noticed:

 

This flat ceiling and the sky being a cube.

Screenshot_Doom_20170705_052518.jpg.e15e11a99e3e80b69c4783cccd931b63.jpg

 

Here the ceiling has volume, but the unaligned textures look weird.

Screenshot_Doom_20170705_053529.jpg.1a5446b0f51bc6c05c2533a18fba40c0.jpg

 

Also this is just opinion but the secrets would probably be better with some kind of hint, all secret walls looked like normal walls.

Thanks for pointing these out. I'll improve on these the next WAD I make.

Edited by Mr.RobotDude131

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Mr.RobotDude131 said:

Thanks for pointing these out. I'll improve on these the next IWAD I make.

I don't think you understand what an IWAD is. Unless you do, in which case re-reading Linguica's post is mandatory.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

I don't think you understand what an IWAD is. Unless you do, in which case re-reading Linguica's post is mandatory.

Sorry. I thought they were the same thing. I'm very new to level making.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Marnetstapler said:

Make sure to use F_SKY.

I think the problem I had is that I used a box and put a skybox camera in that box. So it made it look that way.

Share this post


Link to post

FYI you could have made this map using Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format) in the editor and it would've played exactly the same (and been playable in more Doom source ports). The map itself is basic and consists of mostly square rooms over and over however i enjoyed the fairly chaotic final fight.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

FYI you could have made this map using Doom: Doom 2 (Doom format) in the editor and it would've played exactly the same (and been playable in more Doom source ports). The map itself is basic and consists of mostly square rooms over and over however i enjoyed the fairly chaotic final fight.

Thanks for the Feedback! I'll make sure to use that format when I make my next level.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×