Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TootsyBowl

Is there a proper Serious Sam mod out there?

There's one on ModDB, but it's kind of primitive, with each weapon having very few firing sprites, no one liners, and using the Classic sprites instead of the much better looking HD ones. Not a complete overhaul like Serious Sam: the Retro Encounter either. Just something cool to combine Epic 2 with.

The only one I know of had to be discontinued because of a cease-and-desist letter. It is probably the same one that you are talking about.

I'll never understand why unpaid content created for free for a totally different game gets a C&D.

3 hours ago, Nevander said:

I'll never understand why unpaid content created for free for a totally different game gets a C&D.

Well, now that Serious Sam TFE and TSE are open source, that should no longer be a problem.

9 hours ago, Master O said:

Well, now that Serious Sam TFE and TSE are open source, that should no longer be a problem.

Wow really? Croteam kicks ass. They'd kick even more if they ditch VR and get Serious Sam 4 rolling.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

Wow really? Croteam kicks ass. They'd kick even more if they ditch VR and get Serious Sam 4 rolling.

Apparently Croteam has multiple teams, one working on Serious Sam 4, one working on the VR games, and one working on the Fusion ports of the existing games. Only possible because Croteam's manpower has grown to 60 people, compared to the 20 or so people who worked on Serious Sam 3. At least, that's what the Fusion team's mapper/PR guy says.

18 hours ago, Empyre said:

The only one I know of had to be discontinued because of a cease-and-desist letter. It is probably the same one that you are talking about.

With TFE & TSE being open source, the cease-and-desist situation has probably gone away. Are you able to reach out to the author of the discontinued project to release what has been completed? Someone else might pick up and complete it.

On a related note, I loved Serious Sam, and would love to play a DooM mod of those games.

The author was @BAZOOKA, whom I haven't seen in a long time. Who knows, maybe he will pop up, now that I have mentioned him.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, ((spacelion88)) said:

I made a small little tribute mod to Serious Sam.

:thumbs up:

Downloaded, and will give it a whirl when I have some time.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:22 PM, Master O said:

Uh, Serious Sam is in exactly the same situation as Doom - the engine is open source but the game content is not.