Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The Castlevania netflix series.

Some hours ago a Castlevania animated series was released on Netflix by Adi Shankar (the dude that made a violent Power Rangers Bootleg,the Movie Dredd and some other stuff) if you have watched it what are your thoughts on it and if you didnt....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GO AND WATCH IT!!!

3 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I would, but

>Anime

Looks like it's based on Castlevania 3.

I am no fan of anime. I try to watch animated things and I just end up bored. With that said I feel the DC movies manage to keep me entertained

*** Alright minor spoilers for anyone that wants to go in completely blind. ***

Anyway now for CastleVania, I saw the first 4+ episodes. It falls into the category of its an anime so I mentally check out, but its punctuated by a lot of well timed gore and suddenly its far more interesting. I was ready to shut it off before the first episode ended. Now its so much more captivating.

It seems based on CastleVania 3 yes. Statue girl is saved from a cyclops by Trevor Belmont, therefore its CastleVania 3. Although I have to say the whole "armies of darkness only attack towns at night" seems like a CastleVania 2 thing.

The big conflict seems to be with the church, in fact at this point Trevor has killed or mutilated more priests than monsters. Then again you need something to build up the fact that Trevor and the Belmonts are literal outcasts. He's not the hero they cheer. He's the hero because it has to be done. So there's a good dichotomy there. The civilians and church hates him, the church hates Dracula, Dracula hates the church and at this point Dracula and Trevor don't even know about one another.

* edit *

Well I made it through the whole thing in one sitting. All 2 hours of the entire season. Wow its short. Could have just made a better movie with a disappointing ending considering nothing is resolved. Seems more like a mid season sort of thing. Episode 5 *cough* 4 is the best episode that most felt like CastleVania with a lot of action over talking.

Edited by geo

10 hours ago, geo said:

Episode 5 is the best episode that most feel like CastleVania with a lot of action over talking.

Dat episode 6 tho.

22 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Dat episode 6 tho.

Yeah looking at it now I typoed with episode 5. Only 4 episodes. Could have made it a 2 hour movie with a miserable ending.

I was thinking the could get a full season out of Trevor, then go to Simon, but nope looks like they're getting a full series out of Trevor maybe 4 episodes at a time. I guess they didn't want to take more risk in a full season or the artists couldn't produce that quality in such a short time frame.

there will be a second season with 8 episodes and after that...who knows?

Like many anime it will be a 12 episode seires

I watched the trailer not too long ago, and I thought it was okay even though the anime style doesn't really appeal to me.

I think something like Hellsing does this fast crazy action style much better than most anime shows ever did. I guess what I'm saying is that I wish it wasn't so generic anime looking.

On 08/07/2017 at 5:22 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

I would, but

>Anime

This is western made which makes this kinda invalid don't you think?

It was good. Looking forward to the 2nd season.