Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If a new Doom movie was made...

who would you like to see in the role of Doomguy?

Probably just me, but I think Johnny Strong could pull it off:

original_572288_2ximcmhdzkr_rknp6rajvjug

Edited by Guest

I don't know but the actor should wear a helmet that obscures his face at all times.

I think one of the major mistakes of the film was to be "based" on Doom 3, which is just a bad idea. It should be more action based, and for the love of god, don't change the main story elements!

The problem is these days they wouldn't be able to get away with a movie based on the true plot of Doom. There's too many wusses who would tear the movie up for being too violent or satanist without even understand the point of their presence. Instead of having the balls to do it anyway, they won't even attempt to make it.

I kinda want a Doom mini-series more than an actual movie. You have to fit a lot in a 2-hour window, while with a miniseries you could have something like 6-1 hour episodes, and the demons get progressively bigger and the environments more fucked and satanic as the show goes on.

I think the setup of the movie would also work with a team of marines going in with the natural thing of a lone survivor near the end wreaking havoc.

The biggest issue is; CGI-heavy or Practical Effects-heavy?

They can use Doom 4 for the basis of the movie. The old ones would be a mess and Doom 3 would need to be a very long horror movie and that is difficult to get right.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on Doom 3, because I thought the actual movie was kind of tame for it being based on Doom. Also: Doom 3 had hell in it. :V

I would love to see another attempt a Doom movie. Have it set on Mars with the UAC tearing open a hole into hell itself and hordes of evil demons come spilling through. Have a team of marines fight their way through mobs of demons and zombies, but have it so that the Doomguy is the sole survivor who takes the final fight to the enemy. It should feature horror elements similar to Evil Dead and Event Horizon, but with the futuristic backdrop of Aliens and Blade Runner. But have a focus on action! It should heavily feature practical effects with good CGI if necessary. Also I've always felt that the Archvile looks incredibly similar to the movie monster Pumpkinhead, so feature the Archvile as an antagonist character of sorts.

Plot-wise I'd be happy with a complete lift from Doom 2016, but the movie focusing on a team of marines who get hints and glimpses of what the Doom Slayer is doing, in addition to fighting through themselves. Maybe have Samuel Hayden guiding them to achieve his ends as the Doom Slayer is too destructive to be reliable, but ultimately have the latter save whoever is left in the team in some incredible action climax against the Spider Mastermind or Cyberdemon.

However, rather than them getting any sort of acknowledgement or understanding from the Doom Slayer, have it end with him heading off to find more stuff to kill and the survivors being talked through the next points of Hayden's plan. Sequel potential right there.

As for actors... Main characters can be any reasonable action actors, to be fair. Not The Expendables levels of recognition or age, but maybe a big name for a survivor (or shock early death, like in Alien). Doom Slayer may as well be CGI for how little characterisation I'd want him to have. Somebody big and imposing just being a force of nature with no communication.

38 minutes ago, Trupiak said:

Tom Hardy, his role as Bane was awesome enough, he's a doom guy

tomhardy.jpg

That could definitely work. 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Memfis said:

I don't know but the actor should wear a helmet that obscures his face at all times.

This instantly made me think of Karl Urban in Dredd and how great he would be in this role

If a new DOOM was made it would still star the Rock and Urban. Yet somehow it wouldn't be a sequel.

If there was another Doom movie, there should be NO actor for Doomguy. The entire movie must be in first person. And the audience can't see Doomguy's full appearance, and he shouldn't speak a word.

Michael Bay's "Doom" starring Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. The entire film will be shot with an orange filter to give the film a more hellish appearance and there will be explosions. All the monsters will be CGI, with the soundtrack composed by Skrillex. Based on the 2016 hit game, Doom will be hitting theaters next summer. 

"In space no one can hear you rip and tear"

I always thought Nathan Fillion could make a good Doomguy if he worked out for a month or something.

IFGT6CVK_400x400.jpg

His acting style would definitely suit what I've always perceived Doomguy as, not to mention there's definitely a resemblance there.

At the end of the new movie.... Doomguy takes off his helmet to reveal it was Sigorney Weaver all along.

Holy crap guys, are you talking about plot? In Doom? We don't need dat shit. All we need is a live-action version of the Doom comic with Braindead level gore.

Mike Dopud actually looks like the original Doom guy, and voice acts as (edit) him in D'16 Doom Doom 1 and 2, so I guess he would get my vote.

Edited by MrGlide : I messed up.

I botched the hell out of that, I thought he did something in the new one as well. he was the voice of doom guy in the classic games.

9 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

The biggest issue is; CGI-heavy or Practical Effects-heavy?

I'd rather see a 3d animated Doom movie than CGI heavy ones tbqh. 

Adam Sandler, Gilbert Gottfried, Rob Schneider, and Shia LeBouf. An Asylum movie directed by Michael Bay and Uwe Boll and shown exclusively on the SyFy channel. If there's going to be another butchered Doom movie, might as well go big.

4 hours ago, MrGlide said:

I botched the hell out of that, I thought he did something in the new one as well. he was the voice of doom guy in the classic games.

Curious if you have a source for this? Since Doomguy only has 4 sounds - 2 grunts and 2 death screams - I figured it was just the guys at id grunting into a mic.