Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If a new Doom movie was made...

Here's one I pitched years ago as a Doom TV series on the CW. CW is still around right? Been a while since I've seen actual television.

Anyway 5 teens growing up on a military base in Phobos California must stop someone's evil scientist dad from completing evil portal technology that's gonna be used to teleport troops off to war. No one believes them because their teens and the portal technology gets made anyway. The first test subjects return in pieces, but then the monsters invade and spread all throughout the base and California. The teens and a select few adults must leave their hidden shelter each week to cleanse whatever area of demons while the military tries to harness the demons as a new weapon.

@MrGlide That's so bizarre. There seems to be an archived 4chan post where he mentions every role he's had, assuming the poster is actually him, with one lone reply: "cool story bro"

According to a Tweet from Romero, the screams and grunts were taken from "Sound Ideas General Series 6000" samples, so I really doubt there's any way of verifying if that's actually him. I'm still quite dubious about his claim (assuming that was even him making that post) that he's the one responsible for those doomguy grunts..

If it were to happen, I'd want him to be played by Kane Hodder(the guy who played Jason in Friday the 13th part 7). He played a masked, silent killing machine before, so he can do it again.

1 minute ago, DoctorGenesis said:

ARNOLD AS DOOM GUY!

Yes! but Arnold as he was a few years before Doom first came out.  Back then, he would also have been awesome as Beowulf, if they has made such a move then.

Prime Arnold and prime Lundgren = Doomguy and Duke Nukem

Add in Stallone as one of the guys from Contra and Kurt Russell as Solid Snake

Now forget about all of it as Doom shouldn't be a joke.

Doom should have been made into a movie back in the 90's staring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Kurt Russel directed by James Cameron.

On 8-7-2017 at 4:29 AM, Doomkid said:

I always thought Nathan Fillion could make a good Doomguy if he worked out for a month or something.

His acting style would definitely suit what I've always perceived Doomguy as, not to mention there's definitely a resemblance there.

Oh yeah, that guy definitely looks like the Doom marine. I always imagine him looking older like that. A lot of depictions of him just look too young. The one from Doom 3 comes close.

Wtf are you guys babbling about, why should anyone else play the Doomguy? They got the best guy possible, they just used him all wrong. Then he went and nailed it in a different movie...

dredd_share_icon.jpg

When you think about it, when the Doomslayer cuts through other people's moral ambiguity and bullshit agendas and makes decisions laughably simple with his laser-focused dedication to his mission, he's just stealing Dredd's pivotal gimmick. Let Urban act out the entire movie with just his eyes, brow and grunts and he'll make it work.

35 minutes ago, dew said:

Doomslayer

I'm I alone when I think that Doomslayer is perhaps the best silent protagonist in a FPS to ever have come out? The subtleties in his personality that show throughout the game please me so much.

I'd like to see a horror movie about a few UAC personnel trying to escape after hell breaks loose. I'd be content with classic UAC,  Doom 2016 UAC, or even Doom 3 UAC.

I'm watching Tron Legacy right now, and the beginning scenes got me thinking: "Instead of Encom, what if it was id Software?"

Then I thought what a movie based on the company id Software be like. How the people got along and fought, problems they faced, mind blowing innovations discovered, etc. I wouldn't mind if the story was fictional, just the characters have to as close as possible to id Software's.

On 7/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, MarsHappyNation said:

Alternatively, every role in the movie played by Dwayne Johnson. Every last one.

Not much different from every movie made today.

• No Pseudo-Resident Evil bullshit plot.
  • Actual Hell segments.
  • No censoring the violence or imagery.
  • Showing more than humanoid demons.
  • No renaming the BFG-9000.
  • John Romero should be director or at least assistant director or creative director.
  • Scenes of infighting would be pleasant to see.
  • Two hours to two and a half minimum length. Maybe three hours.
  • People who actually know what the series represents, not just shareholders and businessmen.
  • Doomguy's dialogue being minimum to non-existent between other characters. Perhaps body language and other gestures.

On 7/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, DoctorGenesis said:

ARNOLD AS DOOM GUY!

Arnold is a tad too old (69), why not somebody like Dolph Lundgren? He has that intimidating look too. Maybe if he was a decade younger or so.

Edited by Glaice

First of all, not a Doom movie but a Cinematic Universe.

1) Doom: the first movie, UAC open a portal to Hell and set everything in motion.

2) Quake: using UAC technology, the Ranger travels in another realm and with the help of medieval knights he has to defeat lovecraftian monsters. Think it like Army of Darkness, but without the humor.

3) Strogg Wars: a tv show about the war between Earth and Stroggos.

4) Heretic: a fantasy movie. One of the dimensions which can be reached with UAC portals is Corvus world. And the worlds of Hexen 1&2 for the sequels

5) Doom 2: Hell on Earth: Earth is weak after having won the Strogg Wars and is invaded by Hellspawns.

6) Rage: post-apocalyptic movie ala Mad Max, depicting an Earth recovering from the hellish invasion.

7) Wolfenstein: a prequel set in WW2. Think it like the first Captain America, but without Cap.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:29 PM, Doomkid said:

I always thought Nathan Fillion could make a good Doomguy if he worked out for a month or something.

IFGT6CVK_400x400.jpg

His acting style would definitely suit what I've always perceived Doomguy as, not to mention there's definitely a resemblance there.

I don't even know who this guy is. But I like your suggestion. Make him beefier with a couple scars and you got yourself a live Doom Guy.

Also if I were to choose a direction for the new Doom Movie, I would have it mimic the style of Doom 2016 which is something Hollywood has probably never done? What I mean is, silent protagonist in a action packed film facing a terrible situation but his "No BS" attitude and badassery adds a real comical element to it all. Just like Doom 2016.

I think you could make an artistic master piece if you were to assemble the right team:

Premise:

High focus on cinematography, production, soundtrack composition, directing and editing.
No dialogue.
Mix between shots of 1st person and 3rd person.

Literally just a 3 hour film, of start to finish DOOM I episodes 1-3 with a creative license.