Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

[FEATURE REQUEST] Video Games Master Forum

[FEATURE REQUEST] Video Games Master Forum  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 'Video Games' master forum here at Doomworld?

• Make It So Number One
    • When Hell Freezes Over
    • I Don't Care At All

Under the miscellaneous forum here at Doomworld there should be a master forum where we can discuss any game that is not Doom. There is a lot of video game topics here on Doomworld. This would get this topic out of the 'Everything Else' forum and the 'Doom General' forum and make it a one stop shop for all non Doom related games and utilities. This would be cool to put in what do you guys think?

4 hours ago, Linguica said:

Absolutely not.

And why not, exactly?

Sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question.

28 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

And why not, exactly?

Sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question.

This is a Doom forum. We talk about Doom here. Everything else goes in Everything Else. :P

44 minutes ago, rf` said:

This is a Doom forum. We talk about Doom here. Everything else goes in Everything Else. :P

Yep. It was stupid question, but I get it now.

1. There are already more than enough places online to talk about video games
  2. There are already more than enough posters who never talk about Doom / do anything Doom related
  3. "Gamer culture" is the worst and I do not want to invite it in this site any more than is implicit in the fact that it's, uh, a site about a video game.

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

"Gamer culture" is the worst and I do not want to invite it in this site any more than is implicit in the fact that it's, uh, a site about a video game

I second this. 

I've seen like couple of video games thread a month in everything else forum, so I don't think it's necessary.   

Indeed. "Everything Else" is here for a reason, why go through the trouble of adding a sub-forum that no one will bother posting anyway?

12 hours ago, Linguica said:
  1. "Gamer culture" is the worst and I do not want to invite it in this site any more than is implicit in the fact that it's, uh, a site about a video game.

I totally forgot about the modern gamer culture. We don't want any people who only like Minecraft, who like only high end graphics, are PC master race elitists and and any other rude and uncalled for commentators here. Remember what happened to Wads in Progress.