Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

the X... is missing?

well i have been breeding a few lizards however one of my females would not lay fertile eggs. i took it too a reptile vet who did a few tests. the results showed that my female blue tongue skink is a single X chromosome, a rare genetic disorder. anyway it is really harmless in many reptiles( also few species carry them but they dont determine sex, tempeture does) I know humans born with it can come out both normal and strange. A community college was giving away single x rats as snake food, however that was not what did it to my pet lizard. oh well this week has had its ups and downs. got a dream casts and found out my lizard is a single X. oh well i have seen many wierd things before, however it would be cool if i got a cool mutation like 2 heads or semease-lizards

I don't know if this question goes here, but since this thread deals with lizards, here it goes. What's the difference between a male and a female lizard?

Lizardcommando said:

I don't know if this question goes here, but since this thread deals with lizards, here it goes. What's the difference between a male and a female lizard?

Asks the Lizard Commando? Gosh, I thought you would know ;)

Well, after posting that last question, I thought to myself, "I'm actually glad I'm not able to tell the difference, otherwise, the sick fucks at my school would probably want me to draw some Lizard hentai shit..."

Yup, their are people at my school who are that retarded and sick. It's saddening, isn't it?

As in all species, females are the ones who lay/carry eggs and males are the ones who fertilize the eggs.

the_Danarchist said:

As in all species, females are the ones who lay/carry eggs and males are the ones who fertilize the eggs.

Well, I know that part, but any phsical differences?

A male friend of a friend of mine has a YY chromosone instead of the normal XY. I've never met him, but apparently he acts very strangely; sometimes he's normal, but the next minute he's hyperactive or something. A female friend of mine says she's scared of him ;)

differnce in males and females varies among diffent lizards. some are a total bitch to sex and some are as easy as mammals. not all lizards lay eggs, many give birth to live young(like the skink) anyway there is a way to tell the sex of all lizards, but u need good eyesight and the lizard has to be in good health and near adult hood.

males have a wider tail base, this stores their 2 penises(yes they got 2) you should see 2 bumps just behind the opening( this opening is the exit of all the stuff from the lizard, even the penises come out here) also males tend to be bigger. some species have a third sex so they are both.

as for this disorder, in mammals it is very bad. most born die or dont mature at all. others develope more problems with age and die an early death. however in reptiles it can be unseen and just produce young who cant reproduce.
also people born(girls can get this) with 3 X's tend to me completly normal. but they are a bit more beefy and agressive.

also males born XXY (or XXXY) can come out very wierd, commonly as hermaphrodites. these poor people are also usally insane too.

males born XYY are born Ultra insane and aggressive as well as huge too. most violent criminals are found to have this