Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT: Revilution demos [-complevel 4]

DSDA page

aka tntr // tntr.wad

Post your demos for TNT Revilution here.

TNT Revilution is a 32 level megawad for Final Doom's TNT.wad (-complevel 4) by The Revilution Team. The suggested naming format is tntrXY-ZZZ.lmp, where XY is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM (n), fast (f), tyson (t), pacifist (p) nomo (o), or HNTR 47% items (👌 HNTR 47% items 👌).

Idgames download link. (Note: the wad has been updated so check your textfile to see an "Updated" date of 07/08/2017 or check the wad itself for a 'last modified date' of  06/29/17) There is a DeHackEd that is required for map 30 to work properly.
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18810-tnt-revilution/

-----------------------

Map 26 Pacifist in 0:46

tntr26p046.zip

Well, I thought this could be easy, but no, definitely not easy. In the first level, you're very under-powered and those 7 Demons can totally owe you by a lot of ways. I decided to give up after like 1 hour trying, but then I changed my mind to try harder. First time pass was 3:28, but I thought I could do better. Of course, this one is far from good, but I couldn't beat my time again, so there is the 2:49 run.

-----------------------------------------------

I can't control myself because there are so many flaws in it, so I once again tried several attempts, and I got this better one, and I'm done. This one is really lucky because I killed the last enemy with my last rocket. Otherwise, it'll waste a lot of time.

Map01 UV -Fast:

tntr01f230.zip

Youtube Video

Edited by GarrettChan

Actually I have done casual UV Max runs of 2/3 maps in TNTR during beta test. So mostly I'll record casual demos without too much grind and have nothing to say about these maps, because I have said something during beta. Youtube version will be attached later.

Map01: Uprising UV Max in 2:25

Map02: Geothermal UV Max in 3:40

Map06: Communications Relay UV Max in 6:27

Map17: Spider Colony UV Max in 8:56

tntr01-225.zip

tntr02-340.zip

tntr06-627.zip

tntr17-856.zip

I know this is not a category on DSDA, but I just run it for fun. Also, I don't know how to put the name of the zip file, so I just leave it "UV Tyson" way.

Map01 UV Tyson -Fast (UV Tyson Grandmaster):

tntr01t517.zip

Map02 UV Tyson:

tntr02t752.zip

If you're not a dumb person like me, don't do this to yourself. It's very PAINFUL... Don't know why I wanted to try, and I have to shoot a bunch of things using the pistol because of my sucky punching skill, but anyway, I feel good just by finishing the map.

Map02 UV Max:

tntr02-242.zip

After the stupid challenge that I tortured myself, it feels so good that you can fire your things besides your pistol! Quite fun to run this map, but there are a lot of hitscanners, so pray for the RNGod. A little bit better run, and I've beaten the Par Time, feels good ;P

Map02 UV -Fast:

tntr02f410.zip

This is how to play this map conservatively to get a regular UV Max. Because of the large amount of hitscanners, I have to take it slow...

Map02 UV Speed:

tntr02-056.zip

Last one for this map. Well, definitely can be better, but I'm not good...

Edited by GarrettChan

Map03 UV Max:

tntr03-647.zip

Sorry, I don't like this map. The first secret behind the barrel and the first door that sometimes you can't open have damaged the first impression quite a bit. Then some of the places are just not that enjoyable to play, such as strange drop for the Berserk and some strange maneuver for secrets*. This run is definitely not good, but I gave it one more pass but I didn't beat my time, so, move on.

* I was going to say the Backpack secret. However, I found myself very ignorant until I found out the real way to get it...

Edited by GarrettChan

I made an account just to say, that I'm so surprised that you were able to beat my 2:49 on Map01.

Due to RNG that time took me over 100 tries over several days. So congratulations!!

The records I made fall as fast as I made them :P

43 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

I made an account just to say, that I'm so surprised that you were able to beat my 2:49 on Map01.

Due to RNG that time took me over 100 tries over several days. So congratulations!!

Post more here then ;P

It's good to communicate. Before I didn't do so, but it's good to have people run the same map because we can get new inspirations.

49 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

oh by the way what comparability do you set in ZDoom?

1 hour ago, lirui1001 said:

oh by the way what comparability do you set in ZDoom?

I use Final Doom comp (Comp-4) for TNT-R as it requires the TNT.wad as IWad.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Post more here then ;P

It's good to communicate. Before I didn't do so, but it's good to have people run the same map because we can get new inspirations.

Yes that's true, as a lurker and speedrunner of various doom wads for the last 10 years, maybe it is time to communicate a bit with the community. I'll have to update my account with my streaming links and various other links to stuff I do/run.

19 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Yes that's true, as a lurker and speedrunner of various doom wads for the last 10 years, maybe it is time to communicate a bit with the community. I'll have to update my account with my streaming links and various other links to stuff I do/run.

Totally no problem. I didn't register because I am not a native speaker, and I thought I wouldn't go well with the community. However, it's totally opposite. Everyone here is quite nice, so yeah. Have fun here. BTW, here's my invitation, by replaying Map01 ;P

Map01 UV Max:

tntr01-158.zip (outdated)

Edited by GarrettChan

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

Totally no problem. I didn't register because I am not a native speaker, and I thought I wouldn't go well with the community. However, it's totally opposite. Everyone here is quite nice, so yeah. You can have fun here. BTW, here's my invitation ;P

Map01 UV Max:

tntr01-158.zip

Sub 2 Hype! Probably can do better, but time for me to move on. Andy, please replace my old 2:10 one with this better one. Thanks.

O_O Well looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Thanks for the Motivation!!

Map01 UV Max:

tntr01-154.zip

I should totally stop this! When someone come in and destroy my time, I'll regret that I used this time to put up a "normal" run. Andy, please replace my old 2:10 one with this better one. Thanks.

Map04 UV Max:

tntr04-654.zip

Again, not a fan of this level, I decide to move on after the first pass. In my opinion, this level might have over-designed. It's nice to have views for outdoor area, but shooting those barrels are not fun. What's more, there's an extra place for the final area, which I don't bother exploring. There is only one Revenant in the room before the final area, which is sort of empty. Also, I think this map needs more playtesting since you can sort of "break" the final area in order to make it easy.

To be honest, probably I'm a bad player, so I am always b!tching about the design, yet I don't know what's design at all. Sorry.

Map05 UV Max:

tntr05-355.zip

A fun and short map nicely done by Jaws in Space. I like how he/she [Sorry, I really don't know which one is correct :( ] placed a Chainsaw at the beginning of the level. I wasn't going to use it, but ammo is not enough in that case, so you need to plan some Chainsaw usage in order to save ammo. At Beta stage, the Backpack is not accessible until the end of the level, but now it's changed, and I think it's quite important for my route to be done.

Sub 4, good enough. Though mostly fun, it still has some not that fun part. For example, getting inside the red door, and the underground with lots of Spectres (have to say Spectres are good for this map because they actually post some threat).

Edited by GarrettChan

Map06 UV Max:

tntr06-524.zip

I found the BGM is creeeeeepy to me... The longer I listen, the less sanity I can keep.

Besides the obvious E2M2 reference, there's probably some more? I'm not sure. The map is rather big to plan about. To be honest, that Invulnerability seems a little bit overkill to me. Of course, it helps in speeding through the last section, which I shouldn't even complain about.

My run is relatively smooth, but it has a lot of potential for improvement, but I'm neutral to this map, so I guess I'm just too lazy to run several more times. (I missed that 10 Rockets though!)

Edited by GarrettChan

Map22 UV Max in 9:06

tr22-906.zip

I'm lazy as f@ck recently, so I didn't optimize at all. I got the Megasphere just for safety but it turns out to be unnecessary. My favorite music of the whole WAD, so I may try to run a few more times in the future.

Map22 UV Max in 7:58

tr22-758.zip

That's it. I'm done with the map. My route is not very good IMO because it contains some backtracking, but it makes things easier to deal with, so I went with that.

There are 2 problems for this map:

1. In the dark cave area, you may miss kills because enemies wander around. This time, it's an easy to see Demon. However, sometimes enemies may wander into previous secrets where you don't want to check again since the map is interconnected.

2. There's a chance that you skip the linedef to release the Cacodemons and Pain Elemental at the last room. Also, it's not very obvious when they are flying out. I learned that the hard way because this ruined one good run, and I decided to go back and check the details.