Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT: Revilution demos [-complevel 4]

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

You have to kill the Hell Knight, bro.

Do I? I already killed it though, kill count is 77/77 and you see the archvile res it.

uv-max: all enemies originally placed in the map must be dead upon exiting a map (even if they were resurrected after being killed once).

10 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

uv-max: all enemies originally placed in the map must be dead upon exiting a map (even if they were resurrected after being killed once).

Oh, I've never had this issue. I'll re-do the demo again in that case.

yeah its a bit annoying; the uv-max descriptions on doomedsda arent very explicit - and there isnt a section in the sticky thread on this board either.

dont even get us started on what to do with maps that include a spawner & viles...

58 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

yeah its a bit annoying; the uv-max descriptions on doomedsda arent very explicit - and there isnt a section in the sticky thread on this board either.

dont even get us started on what to do with maps that include a spawner & viles...

Haha, yeah I can imagine, nah I'll just follow your ruling.

^Bob, sometimes rules are difficult to cover everything, so yeah, some special situations need to be addressed, but it's also impossible to address everything...

Map22 UV Max in 7:18

tr22-718.zip

After watching my own demo, I hated that so much because of that 3 SSG Chaingunner or that 4 SSG Revenant. Therefore, I decided to try more. Also, I did try to change my route, but it seems this map needs some backtracking anyway, so I didn't change that at last. Pretty lucky run in my opinion. I hope Andy won't hate me because I did these things...

Map 25 - Malware - UV-Max in 12:28

This has the BEST MIDI i've ever heard. Props to whoever composed the soundtrack for this wad.

tntr25-1228.zip

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

^Bob, sometimes rules are difficult to cover everything, so yeah, some special situations need to be addressed, but it's also impossible to address everything...

Yeah I understand that, it's just that I haven't encountered that ruling before until yesterday.

Map 28 - Superweapon Facility - UV-Max in 26:18

This map, plus 21 & 31 are the 3 most fun maps in this wad, I really like the music in the levels. Superb!!

In this demo, however, there is a very rare bug where in this case 4 Arachnotrons are stuck with barrels between them. One of the Arachnotrons destroys the barrels resulting in the remaining 3 trying to "kill" the one that destroyed the barrels. This is a very rare bug and it's one of my favourite.

tntr28-2618.zip

Edited by Bob9001

^I'll check that out later. Probably a casual UV Max run rather than actual grinding.

Map22 UV Max in 6:57

tr22-657.zip

A lot of appreciation to jjthebird for the routing. Sadly he/she's not on DW. Combined with some of my own routing, finally the run breaks through 7 minutes. Probably this is close to my limit and I'm glad that I've done it. 

@rehelekretep

To be honest, the actual problem is that people didn't read this before doing stuff. At least I saw 2 people misunderstood this in the past year. Then, I guess the exceptions there probably didn't cover all the problems, like Arch-vile spawned by IoS. On the other hand, this problem is minor enough (doing speedrunning is not very popular), so thinking of a good method to "completely" fix the problem may not be worthwhile rather than correcting some of individual problems.

Nice runs lirui1001, remember there is still Map16, Map 18, Map 19 & Map 27 to be UV-Max'd. Then this table will be filled yay!!

@Bob9001 Map18 UV Max in 8:17

tr18-817.zip

I pressed a wrong button at the end of the demo and it caused some "weird" results since I had tried 50+ times before and succeeded finally. Hope this demo is accepted.

16 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Nice runs lirui1001, remember there is still Map16, Map 18, Map 19 & Map 27 to be UV-Max'd. Then this table will be filled yay!!

Actually I have to redo Map17 because I set wrong complevel...

6 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

@Bob9001 Map18 UV Max in 8:17

tr18-817.zip

I pressed a wrong button at the end of the demo and it caused some "weird" results since I had tried 50+ times before and succeeded finally. Hope this demo is accepted.

I didn't see you mess up anything? Nice demo anyway, I got to the last bit and died to that archvile so I never re-tried this map haha.