Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Does anyone listen to DOOM music while viewing Doomworld???

I know it's more of a crazy habit, but does anyone actually do that? I guess they do it either because they love music, or it can be possibly as an homage to the franchise.

Tbh, I do that as well! I'm currently playing the song BFG Divison on my all-new phone while posting this.

I sometimes do this actually. I'll throw on a few Doom 1/2/Final Doom OST tracks while doing just about anything really, lol. I like most of the songs.

Been listening to this one a lot lately:

It depends on mood, really. I don't what to say more about this subject. 

2 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

I just listen to this while browsing the Doomworld.

Hahaha, you know where i heard that song first time?

When I saw the short film "A visit to id software" is youtube.

There is a part that bobby prince talking about he's work and he playing this song to the interviewer.

This on repeat.

Actually, I listen to Doom musics even I'm doing my homework, housework, and driving... Of course, usually it would be musics from non-official WADs.

I do. Sometimes I connect my  speakers to my phone via Bluetooth  and play back doom music even when I'm not using my desktop. It's pretty relaxing. 

I listen to the Doom midis regularly, either the original ones or the ones I liked from the various custom WADs I played through over the years. Some tracks are just perfect.

Off topic:

Someone should really start a radio station dedicated to music from games IMHO.

41 minutes ago, Empyre said:

Hmmm... not bad. I heard Doom and Heretic, what else is on the playlist? Can't listen much right now, but will definitely check it out later.

PS

Well, what do you know!!! Apparently, liquiddoom is a czech site and I never heard of it until now, even though I am from the Czech Republic.

I've gotten a bit tired of Doom's midis, except for 1 or 2 like TNT's map04. So instead, I'm listening to Freedoom's midis.

I think kevin schilder, (the composer of heretic and hexen), did an excellent job. I really like to listen these game's soundtracks. Aspecially now when im working on my Mayan style map set.

These musics are the source for my inspiration.

Edited by Eradrop

Huh. Surprised I never thought of that. I'll make a note of trying it out one of these days.