Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Is anyone working on a vanilla wad with no custom resources besides levels?

I keep thinking that it would be great if I made a "megawad" for vanilla Doom 1 or 2 which only has levels and nothing else (not even Dehacked, music, skies or level names). I haven't managed to start any; my only WIP is an Eternity mod. Is anyone else progressing developing such a megawad? Does it feel like they're innovating anything, or is the gameplay irremediably predictable for the player?

Well, Seidolon's Good Ol' Doom 2 is limit removing and uses no new texture resources, last I checked. Although there's probably music.

I'm working on a vanilla episode, but with new textures. But I can be interested on vanilla mapping with iwad resources.

Not a megawad but I'm making a vanilla Doom 1 episode, no new nothing. I'm slightly annoyed by the lack of certain linedef actions but forcing myself to stick with it.

I was working on a bunch of plutonia.wad based vanilla maps fairly recently, i should get back to it. Wouldn't be a megawad though, probably an episode that i'd build on if i could be bothered.

8 hours ago, printz said:

Is anyone else progressing developing such a megawad? Does it feel like they're innovating anything, or is the gameplay irremediably predictable for the player?

By the Pricking of My Thumbs ....

10+1 vanilla/Chocolate-compatible maps, no custom resources, with a nod to DooM2 Maps01-10

Mapping on Map08 remains, but all other work (outside of beta-testing) is complete.