Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mikami41

My First Project and wad

Alright, so one day i got totally inspired about doing doom stuff because i like doom a lot, so i decided to make doom maps and testing doom map programs and i made one.

wasn't proud of it so i decided to auto-review my stuff and added new ones, until i did a decent map and i uploaded a topic named "i wanna see your wads" thread. Someone help me out a lot and i kept practicing until then. Now i know basic stuff about scripting and mapping thanks to zdoom wiki and him. Now it's my first time releasing this wad that i'm planning to make at least 10 maps of this as i added:

-new and improved weapons and sounds.

-Some cover Music.

-New textures found on pages.

Now i'm planning to keep practicing and getting better at mapping, as i am decided to create music for this wad and even more stuff like gameplay but i don't know how to start

So here's the WAD, i used GZDoom Builder (Im using GZDoom: Doom 2 UDMF Format) it supports with zandronum and zdoom. I tested with GZDoom and it doesn't load my custom weapons (Also, The iwad you have to use, is Doom 2 by default) :

https://www.mediafire.com/?c5xgt7statiawpo

So Any Ideas for this wad? any new improvements? any more stuff that i can add to this?

I would be thankful if you help me.

Here is my advice to you friend...
Start by downloading Blender3d & Gimp, then go on youtube and follow some easy tutorials on basic design.
Its not that difficult i promise, in 2 days time you will be bringing your designs to life. Once you feel confident with your work you can then start importing your assets into doom bringing something new and original to your mod. If your bad at ideas like i am then do as i do an just copy concepts from google.

If you need a hand with some example wads i made then i will send them so you can look over some of the basic codes.

First and best advice on zdoom mapping: don't use invisible monsters, they annoy everyone. Expect you want to do some kind of jumpscare here and there.

For the rest, the map is pretty amateurish but is fun to play.

20 hours ago, Ermin said:

Here is my advice to you friend...
Start by downloading Blender3d & Gimp, then go on youtube and follow some easy tutorials on basic design.
Its not that difficult i promise, in 2 days time you will be bringing your designs to life. Once you feel confident with your work you can then start importing your assets into doom bringing something new and original to your mod. If your bad at ideas like i am then do as i do an just copy concepts from google.

If you need a hand with some example wads i made then i will send them so you can look over some of the basic codes.

So, i guess by practicing in Blender would help me in 3d design? also, it would be helpful if you send me some example wads so i can folloew each step.

10 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

First and best advice on zdoom mapping: don't use invisible monsters, they annoy everyone. Expect you want to do some kind of jumpscare here and there.

For the rest, the map is pretty amateurish but is fun to play.

Very well, i will remove the invisible monsters (except for the spectre) and i try to keep practicing on abstract map design.