Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bdubzzz

Monsters in teleport closets walking through them???

So Im making a slaughter map in Boom format and for some reason in the final encounter the monsters in the closets have started to turn in to ghosts and walk through the walls and aimlessly walk around the unknown section of the map. Not only that but I tried to change something else in the map and it didnt work at all. ( I moved a switch to an easier place to get to and now the switch wont work Unless its in its old location..)

So in other words If i try to do anything more to the map, it doesnt work.

Right now in the current working version theres 33.7k linedefs, 47.1k sidedefs, 9.7k sectors, 4.7k things..so Im wondering if there is to much shit, it just breaks? Is there a limit on the map ?

33 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Is there anywhere (door, crusher) that makes gibs out of enemy corpses that an Archvile will later resurrect?

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Ghost_monster

Hmm nope, The monsters in the closets start out as ghost monsters as in they can just walk through the walls. Never seen anything like it lol

Well, also on the Doomwiki page I linked could be another cause; hitscans crossing >128 objects or linedefs causing an overflow and the All Ghosts Bug. Could this be happening?

13 minutes ago, Jayextee said:

Well, also on the Doomwiki page I linked could be another cause; hitscans crossing >128 objects or linedefs causing an overflow and the All Ghosts Bug. Could this be happening?

Not sure what was causing it but I just deleted the monsters/fight and started a similar one that seems to be working fine so far, but yeah something must of been causing a memory overflow.

What port did you play it in? (name and version) If PrBoom+, what complevel? Which node builder did you use? (name and version) Which editor? (name and version). Do you still have the map that was failing? If so, can you upload it somewhere? Cause this error is bound to happen again, if you don't find the cause. The cause is bound to be a specific, exact reason that's worth investigating.