Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

Wads with unique soundtrack

I want to talk about wads that use music which differ from others. By that I mean music that is distinguished by its genre, its style or something else. Or else it can also be an artist who has participated in a particular level. It can also be a wad which use music used nowhere else. I will talk about wads I have in my mind to illustrate.

First , I want to mention Hell Revealed 2. A lot of wads uses metal music but HR2 has very unique metal music. Indeed, these musics were composed by the same person (thyrbse) and were designed for the midi format. Similarly the style is different, the music is infernal and generally darker than what one usually sees. Sam Woodman's compositions are minimalist and eccentric on the other hand but easily recognizable.

Spoiler

Then , I want to mention "The Talosian Incident" which uses a very atmospherical music composed by David Shaw. When you compare to other wads that use quite dynamic music , you feel very lost when you hear David Shaw's ambiant music. It gives a creepy and calm atmosphere.

Spoiler

At last , I want to mention "Mars War" by Nathan Lineback. This wad is not very known nut it has the particularity of using tracks modules instead of midi format when playing on advanced ports like zdoom. By cons, these same musics are in mid format when playing with .Exe or ports like prboom.

Spoiler

On 7/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, Royal_Sir said:

Hell Revealed Map20 sounds like the airship levels in Mario, rofl

Hell Revealed? According to Doom Wiki, its MAP20 uses "Message for the Archvile" from Doom II.

21 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Hell Revealed? According to Doom Wiki, its MAP20 uses "Message for the Archvile" from Doom II.

He meant Hell Revealed 2, it's the first video on the OP ("Winds of the Destiny" by Petter Mårtensen).

Memento Mori 1 and 2 both have excellent music though my favorite has to be 

Give in it with pleasure