Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GaussMaster987

Baron - How Many Precision Bolt Headshots To Kill?

We know the Knight can be killed with a fully charged Precision Bolt headshot.  But the Knight is still a "medium" enemy.  The "heavy" enemies are the Mancubus, Baron, and Cyber Mancubus.  I know that the Manubus needs two fully charged Precision Bolt critical hits, and the Cyber Mancubus can survive two consecutive fully charged Precision Bolt headshots, so I toss a Cluster Strike in between, to ensure I get that Volatile Discharge.  But, the Baron, is difficult for me to land clear headshots, because I play with controller.  So, can anyone confirm whether the Baron can be killed with two consecutive fully charged Precision Bolt headshots or not?

Based on the SnapMap tests I just ran, it requires at least 3 fully-charged shots to take down a Baron.  

Each headshot does 1440 damage and according to the Prima strategy guide the Baron has 3500 health.

keep in mind that the weapons in snapmap have different stats from the singleplayer. i don't know how powerful the precision bolt can get in single player, but the gauss cannon is significantly weaker in snapmap than it is in singleplayer, from experience.

Thanks for pointing that out Viscra.  We also need to know the crit multiplier, and if the crit multiplier is different between campaign and snapmap.  According to the only source available on gun stats for campaign/arcade, the Precision Bolt inflicts 1200 base damage fully charged.  Chubz, you can compare the snapmap body shot damage, to find the crit multiplier.

On another note, I actually recently watched a multiplayer video (or maybe it was a snapmap video, idk), and I think, some shots, I saw the damage highlighted in yellow, and some shots the damage was highlighted in red.  What does that mean?